Classic/Kunark Hunter Achieve Thread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobbybick, May 18, 2017.

1. Orbital101 Augur

Got the Chartsmans?
  2. Orbital101 Augur

We are down to 2 names on Xeg. The lesser nightmare and Xorbb with at least 1 player in each zone since day one those achievement went live. Now dont ask me if any special way to spawn any bcoz after trying a bunch of stuffs we always went back at keeping the zone clear to finally get them to spawn.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

I bow before you. After many hours I still have still not gotten Tisella in Lavastorm to spawn.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

Hours are not the word, days are more fitting and soon will be weeks at the look of it.
  5. Orbital101 Augur

Just got the Lesser nightmare...Down to King Xorbb!
  6. Orbital101 Augur

can you tell if any other eye nameds were up at that time?
  7. GoldenFrog Augur

I will admit to "No". Buddy thinks one of the Lord S's was up in the middle static spawn spot but can't promise.

He was 5+ non-stop days with the zone kept mostly down in that time, though.

Do you know where the nightmare in Lavastorm you saw was?
  8. Orbital101 Augur

Ya we always had at least one person if not 2 with a pick zone at all time since last wed. Was just trying to figure what could spawn him. Did he killed any named from the previous cycle? It could be 1% chance to spawn from a named which as 1% chance to pop from a lord that as 1% chance to pop from a eye that as 1% chance to pop from a specific mob lol
  9. Ishtass Augur

Would be really cool to hear more dev insider info on spawn mechanics. Not like it'll probably help, just like hearing about some of these (as NGreth has said) "not so nice mechanics" are rigged up.
  10. Imak Augur

I believe the single roaming eye is the PH for Xorbb. This eye almost always spawns as enchanter class mob with a pet. On rare occasion, the eye spawns as a wizard class mob. On supremely rare occasions, that wizard class eye spawns as Xorbb. Exponential rarity ftw.
  11. Iyacc Augur

I remember killing Dunedigger way back in 1999. It was in North Ro I believe. We used to camp the bandit camp there near the zone line to Oasis. I vaguely remember running through that zone going south and noticing something chasing me. If I remember right it was a big armadillo. I think it dropped a hide or something that I banked for years just in case it was actually for something. I think that was my first experience with a named in EQ.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I got the Prowler in FoB last night so we're down to the Burynai Digger in FoB and the wolf named in JP. Photo finish! ;)
  13. Horyuken Augur

When you pimps over in California flip the increased spawn switch this weekend will it also affect older zones or was the mechanic only built into the newer zones ?
  14. Thancra Loladin

I believe it affects the whole game, not some particular expansions. There's supposed to be a double spawn this week end?
  15. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I believe globally increased "rare" spawns don't affect old world spawns. I believe it only affects mobs with an internal database name beginning with # which is their notation for a mob that can only be up one at a time per zone. Not sure which expansion that notation begins, but it's relatively modern, maybe SoF? Then again I could just be totally wrong!
  16. GoldenFrog Augur

I can say when King Xorbb popped (at the loc I posted earlier - in the SW corner by the Karana zone, he immediately began wandering to the north. I waited as long as my excitement would let me before killing him at the next intersection up (882, -414).

I do not recall seeing a pet at all.
  17. Ashtorroth New Member

Undivided Faith on Drinal just finished up, at least until they fix Temorous Deep and Warsliks Woods.

hurray!

I feel like we got really lucky on a couple (like King Xorbb). Then again, we killed well over 13,000 mobs in Field of Bone to get the "a burynai cutter"...whew heheh.
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Awesome job guys congrats! I regret that Agnarr is taking me away from named hunting for a week or two but hopefully with all these people leveling in north ro maybe I too, can one day see the Digger of Dunes.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Bahdah, good sir. When can I expect my Krono from your Scrooge McDuck style pool? =D
  20. Horyuken Augur

You didn't make enough selling the tinkering seals? I figured you're paid up till 2023.