Stolen Character - Where is CS?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Pwnography, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vjfinazzo Lorekeeper

and Tweelis:

that is stupid. Not once has he said or intended that he purchased plat, any services, or gave his information out willingly. And the point of having our "shiny corvette magelos" is because we bust our , for years, and put a LOT of hours into this game, and we are proud to show off we are end-gamers and part of a top 3 guild in a legendary MMO game. That's the point. Think logicly before posting again.
    Elricvonclief, Motherlee and Utaerx like this.
  2. Pwnography Augur

I don't deny that I didn't have an authenticator. I didn't even know it was available until recently. I should have. Look, I feel bad because I've never been a victim before. I feel stupid. I feel humiliated. I feel like a part of me is now missing. I'm not trying to push blame anywhere - I just firmly believe that after so many long years and expansions played, we grow attached to our characters moreso than any game. I truly thought they would help - at no time did I think 'oh, Daybreak is going to refuse and ruin a fifteen year loyalty because i was victimized.'

Sony restored characters in these situations. This is a new Daybreak policy, just like taking phone and live chat away. I think its a terrible policy that is very unpopular as well. I just don't get how they can be so callous. All I want is my character back so I can continue to enjoy this game. I'm not someone who keeps alts. I have one character I love dearly, and I just want him back. I want to give them my money. I want to play.

Magelos are required in many guilds, and many mandate updates. Its a recruitment tool. Pwnz was #2 worldwide behind Bigstomp for a while - I realize that might have made me a target. None of it matters - I should have had better account security, or a dummy email, or better passwords that are unique, or an authenticator. As I said, I'm embarassed, but I'm also highly frustrated that all I can get is callous responses in private on the support website while I beg for help in something that is very important to me. I feel like I'm being treated horribly - not just because they said no, but even the tone, not even a 'I'm sorry this happened to you.'' Its just very blunt responses telling me I'm screwed and getting rid of my ticket.

Honestly, at this point I would love for someone like Roshen to reply here. Just publicly clarify your stance. Staying away from this thread just tells me even more they want me to just disappear.
  3. Tweelis Augur

Tierwin

You seem like a decent guy. Being a member of ROV doesn't require years of busting your bootie. Getting the raiding tag in ROV does require sacrifice and dedication.....that I will admit to. Just like owning a shiny corvette requires sacrifice and dedication. My point about showing off a high end magelo was being equated to showing off a shiny corvette in a scary neighborhood. While "asking for it" is to strong a phrase it's certainly is closer to the truth than "you should feel totally safe here". Somebody driving a Corvette or Porsche or even a Ferrari around my town is no big deal; most owners of those cars are dedicated to achieving what they did in order to attain ownership of said cars. I very much doubt they'd leave their cars in pioneer square. The owners of those cars don't flaunt their hard work at every available opportunity.

I also never said pwnz used one of those websites. I was pointing to everybody that does use them.
  4. Motherlee Augur

Joined the Twitter battle. It's disgusting beyond words that DBG is allowing this. A guildy just was hacked. I'll be starting a new thread since his case is different, maybe.
    Utaerx likes this.
  5. Svaboda New Member

where do u get the authenticator
  6. Utaerx Elder

You don't. They don't sell them anymore.
  7. Kellaer Augur

Daybreak, you have to be decent to people. You can not simply ignore these incidents.
  8. RadarX Augur

Roshen is out today. He's apparently legally entitled to vacation time or something silly like that...

The Customer Support team has provided what response they can to this issue. Obviously this is an unfortunate situation and we definitely are sorry it happened. I'm afraid there isn't much more I can provide other than my condolences.
  9. Naugrin Augur

I am so sorry for you man.

I'm also absolutely disgusted with daybreak. Quote policy all day, it doesn't change one simple moral that each of us should try to live by individually or as a part of an organization or company.

Do what's right.

Shame on you Daybreak.
    Aergon, Elricvonclief and moogs like this.
  10. Dre. Altoholic

Actually, there is something you can offer:

Please communicate to your management that the "hacked characters will not be restored" policy is unacceptable to the player community.

Firiona Vie transfers are a magnet for this type of malicious activity, and impair the ability for CS to address these issues. Disabling transfers to FV would go a long way toward preventing these incidents.
    beryon, Aergon, Elricvonclief and 4 others like this.
  11. WhtRabbit Lorekeeper

I'm glad I waited to post my suggestion after RadarX spoke up.

So gang, it appears there is no longer any reason to continue beating a dead horse. DBG is not going to fix it... However, I think we can still find some small measure of Justice.

Pwn while you do not Own the account per say. It is registered under your real name etc. So, if a 3rd party enacts a financial transaction in your name without your express permission that would be in my opinion a clear case of "Fraud"

We further know DBG keeps records of all transactions taken with an account. An account still under your direct control...

So, why not shoot a request to get a full copy of the transaction made. I have to assume he/she used there own CC since they couldn't have known your CVC code. If they did use your On file card and had the CVC number somehow it's time to talk too your bank.

So without violating any standing CS rules or lack of them, I can't see why DBG would not give you the information used on "YOUR" account. Such as Name on the card, address etc.

Perhaps that might narrow down who did it and if possible (Thinking no but I'm not a lawyer) legal action.
  12. Utaerx Elder

There's literally zero reason to be sarcastic in this situation. We've been waiting for a red name to respond here for, what, a week and a half? We understand you guys are slammed right now with the progression servers, and people are being unnecessarily hostile over some really petty stuff lately. But this isn't the 500,000th post flipping out about boxed mage armies on Ragefire; we're talking about someone losing a character they have played since they were a kid and means a lot to them.
    beryon, Elricvonclief and moogs like this.
  13. RadarX Augur

Which part of my statement is sarcastic? Roshen is out today.

Also given I responded to the statement, I'm not sure what new information you brought to the thread. Given it's 7 pages, it's quite obvious this means a great deal to them. So let's try and remain constructive please.

I'm going to do my best to keep this thread open, but let's keep the commentary to a minimum please in the interest of the OP having an opportunity to provide updates.
  14. Utaerx Elder

Maybe I misread your tone, but "He's apparently legally entitled to vacation time or something silly like that..." came off as very sarcastic. If that wasn't your intent, then I apologize.
  15. RadarX Augur

Roshen has had an exceptionally busy few weeks and took a well deserved long weekend. I'm filling in for him until he returns.
  16. Zarakii Augur

im trying really hard to be a "good boy" on the forums but this is bull you guys CAN do something you have done many times before but you WONT do anything for whatever reason still eludes me. as a post said earlier this isnt some petty thing this is a character somebody spent many years molding just to have someone yank it from them for greed purposes.... my only thought could be daybreak themselfs doing this crap under the radar and selling the stuff on a 3rd party website for personal gain..... you guys can do something its time you started doing it.
  17. moogs Augur

Something is seriously wrong at Daybreak but I don't think we need to whip out the tin foil just yet.
  18. guado Augur

This ^^^^^^^
    Aergon, Elricvonclief and moogs like this.
  19. Zarakii Augur

From what i understand some older folks who used to work for soe are into the underground world of making money on there games now... its just word of mouth but it isnt impossible to believe so and after everything thats been going on lately its more plausible. take the account to account transfer i put in a month ago its still down server to server is fine but no account to account so if i want to box a tank im gonna need to make a new tank and whats the fastest and easiest way? heroic character. just saying lol

P.s gonna leave it at that dont want the OP's topic locked or thread deleted
  20. Kellaer Augur

I know you deal with the forums mostly as far as I know, RadarX, but there is a line of what constitutes customer support, and Daybreak has completely bottomed out in that respect. This goes beyond the stereotypical computer customer service where you speak to someone who lives on the other side of the planet, can only speak your language at a first grade level, and only reads from script. Daybreak needs to, at the very least, meet that line. That has to be communicated, because this policy is unacceptable.

Our sixteen year old characters are priceless to us. To say we are attached to them is an understatement. That is half my age, for goodness sake.
    Aergon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.