Stolen Character - Where is CS?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Pwnography, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motherlee Augur

Whatever happened with that batch of toons who were stripped and moved to FV, anyway?
  2. Zarakii Augur

no it shouldn't.
  3. Motherlee Augur

I was able to demote him and he hadn't been logged in since the day of the hacking. Thanks.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

There is an uproar because there is absolutely nothing we can do to stop it. There is no two factor auth. There is no opting out of FV transfers or no delete char options. This needs to be addressed.

The no FV transfer option is easily fixed. Implement it with a petition required to change it along with a 15 day waiting period or something like that. Something that can't easily be undone.
    beryon, Pwnography and Elricvonclief like this.
  5. Glace Journeyman

The FV transfer is cheaply remedied, simply do not allow any transfers to that server. It is a special rules server. If someone wants to play there they should "feel free to roll a new toon" there.

As for deletion, set the player object to move to another object for storage when a player hits the delete button. Sell the ability to move the character out of storage back to the correct account with station cash. Memory space for storage is hardly a problem nowadays.

For anyone who for whatever crazy reason wants that character deleted permanently, sell that service as well.

Then the TSRs will not be bothered with these apparently unimportant requests by us unimportant people.
    Elricvonclief, Motherlee and Utaerx like this.
  6. Pwnography Augur

Quoted for truth. You said everything I've been trying to say, but i've been failing to. Lol. It would mean a lot if someone from Daybreak would actually discuss this with us on this thread.

C'mon Daybreak Employees, I know you're reading this thread. Why don't you engage with the player-base and have a discussion? I thought transparency was going to be a new thing from the Livestream I saw when Daybreak took over. You guys were much more open with your plans for the future and talking more community involvement.

There has got to be a way to resolve this situation - I'd love to have my character back, but I think the bigger issue has to be addressed that we need a way to stop this in the future. Is it possible to implement account-optional FV blocks that require security question to change, for example?
    Elricvonclief and Motherlee like this.
  7. Sarkaukar Augur

There is for the actual payment that was processed and the code on the back of the card is needed. So far the OP has not noted if the charge went against his credit card or not. $25 (or lesser amount, depending on how much SC was already on the account) was charged to a card, be it debit/credit/prepaid. The OP even got an email of the purchase itself from DBG, if I read that correctly.

As also posted, SOE/DBG has updated the information some time ago on what will not receive assistance. Even if this was not in effect, I would have a difficult time to reverse it due to a form of payment being used that has not yet come up as being contested/charge-back, as far as we know atm.
  8. Ferry-Tunare Augur

When Minishot was compromised they used a prepaid card.
    Motherlee likes this.
  9. Roxxanna Augur

They've taken a hard line on many issues recently, and changed their position after enough people got upset. Personally, I've wrote several pms over the last year on varying subjects, including trying to get help for disabled guildies.......crickets, every single time.

I pm'd em over this, asked my entire guild to as well.......crickets.

Why is it that we have to go to these lengths over such a simple thing. Why do we have to do the whole "Torches and pitchforks" thing to be heard? 9 pages and growing, from different people, different guilds, different servers. People willing to spend hours and hours helping to restore him, I don't know Pwnz, he's a completely different world than Roxx, but I believe him, and I support him. This whole situation REEKS of injustice.

There has to be a way to get a win-win for everyone. We get more security, you make more money, we all win.
    Aergon, Elricvonclief and Motherlee like this.
  10. Motherlee Augur

At least since you have to type the character name to delete it now, that should stop toddlers from deleting their parent's characters.
  11. Barton The Mischievous

Almost all other MMO's have some sort of Character Restoration Process.
    One, I could mention is automated and can be used once every 30 days.

Daybreak not having one for all their games does not make them look like a AAA Big Boy Game Company, it makes them look cheap imo.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  12. Motherlee Augur

Excellent point. They're reinforcing the wrong thing. Meanwhile, the anger builds.
    Aergon and Elricvonclief like this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hey if you think your way will get you want you want more power to you.
  14. vjfinazzo Lorekeeper

I see they closed Lee's post about the stolen account, even though it was regarding a totally different person and situation, RadarX closed it and said to divert questions/topics to this thread. So I will step in again. This is unjust. This is ridiculous. Not even OFFERING an option to pay to retrieve a stolen/deleted character is blasphemy. To make money, off something that used to be done for free, to save lifelong customers from losing YEARS upons years of hard work? Come on now.

Lee -- I know Rinabots, great person, so I can attest that him being hacked has nothing to do with sharing info/making illegal transactions. Both him and Pwnz are part of something that, doesn't make sense, and just pure stinks.

#RestorePwnz #RestoreRinabots
    Motherlee likes this.
  15. Aergon New Member

So if a thread in the forum is uncomfortable for Daybreak Games then they close it.

Make me laughs for a few seconds but after that make me cry for hours.
    Motherlee and Elricvonclief like this.
  16. Elricvonclief Augur

You are right my friend.

Folks see what happened to our guildy (yes, Aergon and quite a few folk that have posted here are guildmates or friends of Pwnz) and worry it could happen to our mains.

THAT is a scary thought, folks.
    Motherlee likes this.
  17. Kravitz Augur

Eh you are only heard by the players. But, you honestly think any of those players , all your friends are really going to do anything more than listen and put some words on these forums or elsewhere. Absolutely not. There is no torches and pitchforks here, people aren't going to do the right thing and stop funding DGC, which is the only way you could boycott this, by not giving them a dime more.

But the reality is, you can threaten DGC all you want but you are a minority and lying to yourself if you think you are going to quit or not fund them in some form or other, the only way you can get them to listen is more than 40% of the player base walked away from the game, and the only way that will happen is if another game like WoW pops up and kills of the population. This game is a huge cash cow for them to fund all their other games (except this game itself) your $15,000 or so spent on this game over 10 years isn't going to hurt them at all.
    Motherlee likes this.
  18. Roxxanna Augur

I never threatened to quit, I will continue to pay for three accounts as long as I'm having fun with my friends. I am well aware that me quitting would mean nothing to them, it would, however, destroy our guild, and make a lot of people very sad, so I don't throw that option around. I offered to help in the only way I can, and even though I realize he doesn't want to start over, the offer stands, and will stand. There are lots of things wrong in everyday life, but that doesn't mean you turn your back and walk away just because you can't press a button and fix it. Sometimes all we can do is stand and witness, but we do it none the less.
    beryon and Motherlee like this.
  19. Ratbo Peep Augur

After a few days of thought, what keep gnawing at me, is that:
    They will go to "great lengths" to protect themselves from any fraud re. Krono sales, with verification, waiting periods etc etc. But we can't have similar protections like being able to flag our characters "no FV ever", or a 3 day waiting period, or sending toons to FV naked etc etc. WHY NOT?!!!
    The fact that they don't seem to comprehend the value that we place in these characters after years and years of building and nurturing them, in and of itself speaks volumes as to some fundamental "gap" in their comprehension of RPG's and online gaming in general.
    This can easily be solved via a "character restoration fee" and become a "win/win".
    Past that, I agree that social media is likely better than complaining here.
    -R
    PS: So far this whole "Daybreak thing" has all the earmarks of a company (or division) that is being "dismantled" for short term ROI. I see all those flags, and yet very few flags that anyone upstairs is "looking to the long term future". This whole scenario keeps failing to pass the "smell test".
    vjfinazzo likes this.
  20. Diptera Augur

The irony is that the authenticator was only brought out because of SOE's security failures in the first place - it was SOE that had the problem, so charging for the authenticator was ridiculous, seeing as it wasn't the players at fault. =/

A number of options have already been discussed - mobile phone app authenticator, additional authorisation when signing on from a new PC, and a "never transfer this toon to FV" flag that I'd tick in a heartbeat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.