Stolen Character - Where is CS?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Pwnography, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moogs Augur

We expect to see this resolved correctly within the next couple of weeks. Else there will be a lot of very unpleasant communications to Mr. Smedley and other staff through other channels.
    Motherlee likes this.
  2. WhtRabbit Lorekeeper

As far as DBG is concerned the issue is "Resolved" that's not to say it's been "Resolved to the satisfaction of there customer."

The policy that affects Pwn was issued well before his DBG's character got stolen. Used by somebody other then the orginal account holder. Is it fair? No... Is Pwn trying to run some elaborate con where he sold his account and is now trying to get it back? No idea... But, DBG and it's earlier incarnation SOE had to deal with this constantly and it got to the point they had to draw a line. So No they will not restore his character...

Could they: Yes.

Will they: No.

Why?: Because DBG cannot be the middle man in assisting people run scams.

They can't do it "Just this one time" because that just opens the flood gates for similar request's.

What are you (I mean everybody not just moog) doing that is not helping in any way: Making demands and threatening X,Y or Z if they don't do as you say. That's no longer communication that's extortion and as a RULE you never give Extortionist what they want.

What you (I mean everybody not just moog) can do that will Help:

Stay united, civil and constructive. With eight pages of backup it's clear Pwn has plenty of support. So now it's time to move the conversation onto Holly's table. She has always struck me as a reasonable person on top of the fact she has the ability to make changes where as somebody like Smed could make changes but considering he's got a lot more on his plate then just EQ he is not likely to weigh in on this matter.

But... that's just my opinion. I can't tell anybody what to do here... But, it's clear (at least to me) howling, whining and screaming "It's not fair" over and over again isn't going to get Pwn his toon back.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Ferry-Tunare Augur

They don't care about 8 pages. When Minishot was stolen Cases where game masters will not intervene and Char restore test already taking place together did 32 pages. The only action taken was suspending my accounts for drawing attention to the injustice.
    Motherlee likes this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You know I once had an issue that CS refused to help me with and I did go to Mr Smedley and he had them fix it for me. But I am pretty sure threats of unpleasant conversations will not work at all. He doesn't come across to me like someone who will be strong armed.

Unfortunately I think Daybreak policy will remain firm in this case but if you have any chance of getting Mr Smedley to intervene it will be by making a friendly approach and not otherwise.
  5. moogs Augur

Regardless of what it says in the EULA, which everyone agrees is nonsense just like Facebook claiming to own the rights to every single photo you've ever posted...

When someone steals my credit card information (99% probably not my fault, probably due to a merchant being hacked these days), the bank replaces the missing funds right away. It's not their money; I'm just trusting them with it. Same concept here. True ownership is with the individual who created the character and paid monthly fees for over a decade to continue to use the digital property which was entrusted.
  6. moogs Augur

This policy wouldn't have been changed without his decision to sell and gut the company's customer service. I understand that he is busy, but he is ultimately responsible and needs to be made aware that customers are less than thrilled with the results of his decision making. If this can be wrapped up in a civil manner, that would be best for both sides. The ball is in their court.
  7. Zarakii Augur

It isnt just this one issue tho we still pay there paychecks and get dumped on constantly and if what ferry-tunare said is true then they can ban my account for raising some cain people will keep allowing things to trample over them if they let it. and if something like this ever did get me suspended/banned then it isnt a company i want to give my money to anymore
    viva la resistance!
    Motherlee likes this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The policy on toons stripped and left on FV was there when SOE ran things. The only change regarding deleted toons is they said they wouldnt undelete toons for any reason anymore. My understanding is they havent undeleted toons left on FV for years.
  9. Zarakii Augur

i play on fv and when that was rampant people would stand in baz shouting selling everything on me /inspect me by denton.... i havnt seen that happen since VoA so i highly doubt thats the same but daybreak could always do some digging and find out the truth

In fact our bazaar and general chat has been very very empty since cotf went live and pwnz was the 2nd best warrior server wide... myself or others on the forums would have seen the gear being sold if it was happening
  10. Elricvonclief Augur

Folks are upset about this, and worried it could happen to them.

Why the reluctance on Daybreak's part to implement a few simple security measures?

Why not offer a character recovery service for a hefty fee? Even a naked Pwnz landing on Bristlebane would be a huge recovery.
    moogs likes this.
  11. moogs Augur

When he's putting in place a management team which enacts policies and relays a public tone that the customer should essentially get bent, I'm not going to worry too much about Mr. Smedley's feelings. DBG should have an internal review of their customer relations. If they're smart about it and do things the right way and focus on the customers instead of merely paying lip service, then they're going to notice a great improvement in retention and revenue. They're the ones that have created an adversarial relationship with their best customers, and it's up to them to fix this. Many of have spent literally thousands of dollars on their product and it shouldn't be too much to ask that we be treated with a shred of dignity.
  12. Kravitz Augur

Cause the amount of resources it would cost them to deal with this on person to person basis is the only reason they don't offer such security measures. Have you not realized they are a for-profit business, and alienating a few players doesn't make sense for them in the short run (that's how DGC see's it). If you want a company that cares about their players, you'd have to look towards Blizzard.

It sucks but it doesn't take long to level to 105, and many have offered to PL him.

Well you could always stop funding them, nothing stopping you, but I'll doubt that will happen. To many people before you have said that and lied to themselves and resubbed or sent money over to DGC one way or another.

You can try to boycott them but are going to fail miserably, let's not lie to ourselves and say we are going to quit or stop subbing, If you've been playing this game this long you are addicted and will be back funding the cash cow in a matter of months.

Besides, alienating even a 1000 players out of 100k or so players isn't much of a dent.
  13. Zarakii Augur

alienating a few is a bit of an understatement
    Elricvonclief and moogs like this.
  14. moogs Augur

It's created an uproar because this was a service which was free in the past, and now there isn't even a paid option. It can happen to anyone.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  15. Zarakii Augur

i guess time will tell i pretty much only raid anymore and honestly am one more major screw up from finding a wife lol believe it or not when people are fed up they are fed up
  16. moogs Augur

17. bard007 Augur

sorry to see this has happened to you, and DB feel there is nothing they can do (policy)... very disappointed in this reply. when SOE was hacked they brought the network down for weeks, when a paying customer that keeps SOE DB going (monthly subs, we pay to play and Id expect to be protected) gets hacked, sorry there is nothing we can do... concerns me a great deal means we all have no support or backup if it happens to us. watch out for hackers they will get you and there is nothing anyone can do. I truly hope this gets reviewed and someone can do something.. good luck man,
    Elricvonclief, Geroblue and moogs like this.
  18. Solatido New Member

Could they at least put it so you have to answer the security question or verification email or hell, text message for server transfers?

I'd love to opt out permanently of going to Firiona Vie. Too scary.

To quote Daybreak here:
    "Game Masters are available to assist with errors with the game and/or servers (such as crashes/rollbacks, zone down, etc)

Game Masters will not be able to intervene with gameplay errors. Gameplay errors should be resolved by further gameplay and players should use in-game means to address these errors.

Some examples of situations where Game Masters will not intervene:

Deleted items: Please reacquire any deleted items through gameplay.
    Accidentally sold items: Buy the item back from a vendor. If it cannot be bought back, reacquire the item through gameplay.
    Accidentally bought items: Sell the unintended item back to the vendor (not all items can be sold back unfortunately) and purchase the intended item.
    Misloots: The Game Masters will not move items that were looted by accident or sent/traded to an unintended character.
    Accidental item modification (combines, augs, ornaments, etc): Please acquire the items again through gameplay.
    Renaming: The Game Masters will not change a character's first name, surname, or Guild name upon request. Name change potions are available on the marketplace.
    Guild Administration: The Game Masters will not administrate a guild or intervene in Guild management affairs in any way. There are in-game means to administrate guilds. If what you want to do is not provided by the in-game means. The Game Masters will not be providing administration or management that is outside the available in-game means.
    Deleted characters: Please be very careful when doing this as deleted characters will not be restored."

If you read that and wondered exactly what customer service they do provide, you're not the only one...

You can always get more loot. Wait for the lockout, do it again, camp it again, etc. In the big picture, that's not that big of a deal. And for things that are, they've provided the lovely restore option in the DBStore. Excellent. These are small solutions that don't take a whole lot of time for most of these problems. Yes it's tedious and annoying, or yes you're going to have to raid that again.

Except for deleted characters. That aug you spent camping for a few hours? Just go do it again. Sucks, but ok.

A character you spent grooming for 16 years? That's not a go do it again. That's a kiss my subscription goodbye.
    Elricvonclief and moogs like this.
  19. Motherlee Augur

The reason I started a new thread is to clear up confusion that there are two characters, on two different servers, with slightly different issues, involved. The one I am reporting on is a ranger from Povar. His account info was changed and locked up even though he has years of cc history on it. If a toon were moved to FV, it wouldn't still appear in the guild window, correct?
  20. moogs Augur

Correct, unless there's a new bug with the guild window.
    Motherlee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.