Stolen Character - Where is CS?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Pwnography, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zarzac Augur

I would like to see maybe at minimum a security email generated when you want to delete a char or transfer to FV.

The email would contain a link that takes you to a confirmation page for FV server transfers or character deletion. Such a system should be fairly trivial to implement. Basically similar to a password recovery system for which the code is out there and available. This would at least require the person to have both your DBG credentials and email credentials. It may not stop some angry significant others from deleting toons; but it would be a step in that direction.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  2. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

How about just disable transfers to FV? I transferred a few characters there a few years back, and I ended up not playing because I didn't really care for the vibe on the server. No negative incidents, just didn't feel it.
  3. guado Augur

Pretty much the only way to get anything out of Customer Service is to offer to pay a large sum of money. Literally ransom.
    vjfinazzo and Motherlee like this.
  4. Koryu Professional Roadkill

This "paid-for character restoration service" idea keeps popping up, and I don't understand it. If the problem is Daybreak's Account Security options (or lack thereof) and Daybreak's Customer Service (or lack thereof), then why is everybody so willing to throw even more money at them? Desperation?
    Motherlee likes this.
  5. Phrovo1 Augur

Just make a special flag for items marked as No Trade when transferred to FV to be No Trade, similar to the Copy tag whenever you /testcopy. Eliminates scrapping old characters indefinitely and makes it pretty difficult to lose characters unless someone has a vendetta against you.
    beryon likes this.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Yes, desperation, and fear it might happen to them.

If our $10-15/mo doesn't provide any security support at all, folks are trying to suggest something DBG might actually implement, assuming this ridiculous policy doesn't change. A no xfer flag to fv or just flat out ending transfers there would help, too.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  7. moogs Augur

I view it as a compromise. There were many services which were formerly available such as assistance with in-game issues of our own making (lost items, mistakenly deleted/sold items, screwing up a quest or requiring assistance for a lost corpse). If these GM services never return, I'm okay with it. I understand that the company needs to save money and increase revenue. I won't cancel my accounts over this, I won't stop making Marketplace purchases, and I won't cease to encourage friends to log in and give EQ a whirl. That would only punish the community with further cutbacks. The community is making *reasonable* demands for our own protection. We're not planning to put corporate HQ to the torch. Something that is not the fault of the customer should be fixed by the provider of the service, no questions asked. If they stopped wasting so much time saying no, things would get done properly the first time and they would save more money. It's not like a hacked character is a daily occurrence that requires 100 man hours to resolve.
    Elricvonclief and Motherlee like this.
  8. Aghinem Augur

Except Minishot shared his account info, and this info wasn't brought to the surface until several pages later with everyone's knee jerk responses. Why do you always neglect to bring this fact up?
    guado likes this.
  9. RadarX Augur

I went ahead and got details on the specifics of this so let me clear up a few issues:

1. If your account is legitimately hacked, our Customer Service folks will assist you.
    2. Do not, under ANY circumstances share your password with other individuals. If you do, our Customer Service folks will NOT be able to assist you.
    PM me with any concerns you have on this.
    Roxxanna, Aghinem and moogs like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.