Stolen Character - Where is CS?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Pwnography, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pwnography Augur

Greetings,

So, yesterday morning I woke up for work and noticed that my phone had e-mailed me about SC purchases. I'd been asleep all night and not online, so I checked as much as I could on my phone. With no explanation at hand, I headed home to check on my account. My prized character, Pwnz, was no where to be found. I started checking every single server, but the character was gone.

Within twelve hours of the incident, I had put in a petition. I've updated that petition three times now with additional information. I am under the impression that my character may have been moved to FV, Stripped, and deleted. I hope that isn't the case, but I can't even confirm what happened.

Before you ask, I don't have an authenticator. I've had this account since I was a child, and never once thought twice about it in more than a decade. I don't know how, why, or what happened to my character. All I know is that I caught it as soon as any person probably ever could and petitioned it. The reference is #150520-000556.

So, now I'm stuck with absolutely no character and no response. Daybreak doesn't have telephone support anymore - the old CS number tells you to hang up and put in a ticket. There is no more live support. There is nothing but petitions, and in the worst case scenario that I've ever encountered over a decade of loyal devotion to this company/game, I have no one to even talk to.

I informed you guys within twelve hours of my character being deleted. I am hoping that it can be restored and the person that did it to (hopefully) be punished. All I want is my character back that i've put years of time into. The longer I wait, the more items are going to be propogated through another server, and the less likely it becomes for me to get help.

I have no problem putting on an authenticator if my character is restored. I will, and certainly it would give me some faith in the new management of Everquest. But, the lack of any Phone, E-Mail, or Live chat support combined with unanswered petitions of a critical nature... its troubling to me. Please give me some hope here that it's not time to walk away from this game. I have one character, my main, and without Pwnz I just don't have the heart to try and do it all over again. I'd rather continue on with Everquest than leave this game with a bad taste and endless frustration.

v/r
    Motherlee likes this.
  2. guado Augur

First off - I know what it's like to have it all stripped away. Sorry you are going through this.
    Just to help prevent this happening to others, I have a few questions as to how this could have happened:

-Shared password across multiple accounts / games / services? (EQ Facebook Gmail etc)
    -When is the last time you changed your password?
    -How do you think this could have happened and do you think you could have done anything to prevent it?

It is just mind boggling to me that if you change your pw frequently and don't use the same pw anywhere else, as to how something like this could happen.
  3. Polpet Elder

Is there a way to get a Authenticator? Im from Europe and i dont know where to get this....
  4. guado Augur

What about the old domain? Right now, forums.station.sony.com and forums.daybreakgames.com seem to use the same token for authentication. Perhaps someone that is no longer with Daybreak somehow has access to old login credentials? I am just trying to help explain wtf is going on.
  5. sojero One hit wonder

Have you ever shared your password with anyone?
    Dice likes this.
  6. Fendy Augur

After posting this comment in early March, maybe THAT would have been your cue to get an authenticator.
  7. Pwnography Augur

Fendy,

Impressive. I agree fully with you, hands down. To be honest, I thought they backed off that stance after the huge negative reaction. If that's truly the case still, I'm screwed. But, my opinion in that clause still stands wholeheartedly.

Look, I'm certain whatever happened is not on the fault of Daybreak (hopefully), otherwise we'd see a flood of these situations. I only have one e-mail, and its entirely possible I got phished with a legitimate looking e-mail to log in to my account. My password is unique to Everquest, but the e-mail address I use it linked to Magelo, Allas, guild websites, dkp, et cetera. My account info is only known to my fiancee, so I'm not concerned that it was an 'inside job.'

What I'm asking for is customer service to help rectify a situation that is the 'worst case' for many of us. I should have gotten an authenticator. I never did. Thats my mistake. But, I've putten years of time and effort into this singular character. My entire Everquest experience revolves around playing that one character. I'm attached to Pwnz. Suddenly, it's all gone and every hour feels like an eternity. I'd lock my account down with an authenticator now, but I really need to know whether I'll have a character to play before I do that.

I wanted to call - you can't anymore. I wanted to do Live Chat - you can't anymore. I searched for any kind of Daybreak phone number, and I couldn't find one. Old numbers tell you to put in a ticket. There is no way for me to reach a human being anymore. What I want to know is... what do I possibly do except make a post here when I've exhausted every other option and still have absolutely no idea whether I will ever see my character again. This really is my last resort.
  8. sojero One hit wonder

Don't take this the wrong way, because my wife is also the ONLY other person that knows my account info. Has EQ been getting in the way of your relationship? Does she play too?

Nniki and Orienn like this.
  9. Pwnography Augur

Ahh I'm glad someone could make me laugh. Its amazing how attached you learn you are to your character when suddenly, all those years of hard work and effort are gone. No, she plays a Mage named Blastnastie in Ring of Valor as well. If anything, Everquest makes our relationship stronger. We were looking forward to the new progression server. Gaming is a bonding experience for us, if anything, when life isn't too hectic and allows us the free time to play. Once the next month or two calms down, we planned on returning to the raid scene together in RoV.
    moogs, Elricvonclief and Nniki like this.
  10. sojero One hit wonder

Glad to hear, my wife has pretty much quit playing other than here and there in favor of newer games that take less time when she started her masters. Now that she is done with her masters, she is also interested in starting some characters on the new tlp server, she loved old eq, and doesn't like the new click happy eq as much. She says if shes gonna play like that, shes going to do it with better graphics and story lines.

I agree, I am attached to my characters in a very real way. My extended family loves to laugh at my play habits, and I tell them stories of friends in game and they don't understand how your interacting with real people all over the world. I also tell them my experiences in game are just as real as those that they have with their friends, mine just comes with an exp bar :)
  11. Roxxanna Augur

I hope you get em back, I really do, I know how attached we get to these characters. If you don't, are you planning to make a new Pwnz?
  12. Dre. Altoholic

Pwnz,

That sucks bro. Hope everything works out.

Rest of you, stop blaming the victim.

-Dre
    Motherlee, Hobitses, moogs and 3 others like this.
  13. Lilrod Journeyman

This sounds like BS to me & char was sold thru PA & this person is tryn to pull a scam
  14. sojero One hit wonder

LOL no one is blaming the victim, we all hope he gets his char back, we were just trying to help narrow down the possibilities, as the last person that did this ended up sharing his account info and that is what got him jacked.

edited to add:except the guy after you and while i was typing this, hes just mean :(
  15. Thally New Member

I know this player he is a honest good hearted and helpful too many players. I think that DB wont lift a finger to help is a horrid idea. I am hope DB will respond in a fast manner and help this player out. he is a veteran player of ten years and has dedicated a large portion of his time to play eq to get his toon to where he was at. To have that snuffed out is beyond words. I feel for him and I hope break game will grant him his toon back he should not lost ten years of gaming over some one else's act of indiscretions.
    Motherlee likes this.
  16. Glace Journeyman

The stance that dbg recently took regarding character restorations is troubling. The idea of losing a character you have developed over a decade or so is distressing at best. I cannot imagine that it can take that much time to restore a stolen/trashed character. The goodwill lost (both to community and to the individual) by refusing to even respond to this situation will cost far more than the effort to rectify it.

If this can happen to someone like Pwnz, it can happen to any of us. We should all find this disturbing.
  17. Roxxanna Augur

I find it more than disturbing, it down tight pissesme off.

Pwn, even if they don't help you, don't let the dbags that did this win. Let's get Pwnz rezz'd and re-buffed. I volunteer my time to get you back in shape. Reroll him on Rathe and I'll drag you through more Gribbles and Teeks than you can stand, no strings attached, and you can always transfer off later.
    Motherlee, Sinzz, Fallfyres and 2 others like this.
  18. Elricvonclief Augur

Pwnz and Blastnastie are good folks, this isn't a scam.

I sincerely hope you get your character back Pwnz, would hate to see you both leave EQ over this.

Almost 9 years for me, if I lost the character I'd probably quit.
    Motherlee likes this.
  19. Crystilla Augur

Pwn, add me to Roxxanna's offer to help. I have a heroic on Rathe as well and more than willing to help make things right if DGC won't.
    Fallfyres and Elricvonclief like this.
  20. sojero One hit wonder

Pwnz I am on the rathe too, and we can roll through the lvl and AA like no tomorrow. hell with it, if DGB doesn't help, well have community intervention!
    Fallfyres and Elricvonclief like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.