Stolen Character - Where is CS?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Pwnography, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Daybreak has stated their policy many times about this particular issue. If they investigate and find the person who deleted a toon did so with the account name and password of an account they will not undelete the character. I believe they also stated this had been their policy long before the current customer service change of not undeleting ANY character for ANY reason.

That all being said even if password and account info was shared it still sucks massively to lose your characters. We all need to be very careful on what websites we go to.
  2. Utaerx Elder

3. Aergon New Member

DBG your CS become better or still sucks?
  4. Elricvonclief Augur

The lack of a paying option to recover the character is what confuses me.

I can understand trying to minimize the expenses of Customer Service, but if the service paid for itself, why not try to keep the paying customers happy?

I don't get it...
    beryon likes this.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Something is needed here, at the least an explanation.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I get it they dont want people stripping their toons on FV for cash. If they can't prove the toon was hacked they wont restore it. Makes perfect sense to me.
  7. Elricvonclief Augur

Seriously? You expect the player to prove that he was hacked?

Now that's a serious fanboy statement...
    Motherlee likes this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The person was talking about Customer Service I said if THEY (customer service) can't prove that the account was hacked THEY (customer service) won't restore it....fanboy yourself.
  9. Elricvonclief Augur

Corwyn, let's take it to PM's please, or tell me on BB, we don't wanna s*** up this thread.

Thank you.
  10. Atuuke New Member

#Restore Pwnz!!
    Elricvonclief, Motherlee and Glace like this.
  11. vjfinazzo Lorekeeper

This is complete garbage, come on, seriously? This is a certain situation that needs to be fixed. A man gets his account hacked into, character deleted, and he has been a lifelong customer and supporter, and you treat him like this? Lately it just seems like you guys haven't been caring too much about the paying customers, the life-long diehards. Dwindling content, less support.. come on Daybreak. You wanna succeed and keep customers, it starts with the little things like this.

#RestorePWNZ
    guado and Glace like this.
  12. vjfinazzo Lorekeeper

BUMP
    guado likes this.
  13. guado Augur

#RestorePWNZ
    Motherlee, Glace and Utaerx like this.
  14. Kendoll Journeyman

#RestorePwnz
    guado, Motherlee and Glace like this.
  15. Pwnography Augur

A GM responded finally. His response? The TSR's were correct, and they will NOT help. They are sticking to this idiotic policy and losing loyal customers in the process. Fifteen years of loyalty means nothing to Daybreak apparently. Sony used to understand and help victims of hacking. Years of work are now gone in an instant, and not a single person, including GMs, will help. I even PMed Roshen and Windstalker. No response. None of them are even commenting here. Someone should step forward and give us a public response that, yeah, Daybreak won't ever help victims.

I'm so sick of this company. Never in a thousand years did I think they would refuse to help a victimized, loyal customer in need. Maybe teitter is the way to go. #restorePwnz to Smedley, Holly, and Daybreak? Its my last chance before I say goodbye to you all forever. Anyone that feels this is wrong, please tweet or post your displeasure. I don't think they understand how terrible of a stance this is. I really think they dont even care. :(
    Elricvonclief and Motherlee like this.
  16. arbre Lorekeeper

#RestoreCustomerService
    Elricvonclief, Motherlee and Utaerx like this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Daybreak will only restore a deleted character if they can prove that the account was hacked. If the account was accessed with the password and account name they do not consider that hacking. And I agree at least hearing this from them is better then hearing it from me. Though either way it still sucks because you won't get your character back.

I though long and hard about what it would be like to lose my main character. Didn't like those thoughts. Probably why I am extremely paranoid about my acct info.
  18. Utaerx Elder

Daybreak, there are so many ways to help avoid situations like this in the future, and no one has come here to indicate that you are even considering ANY of them. These solutions include, but are not limited to:

a) Ability to permanently opt-out of FV server transfers.
    b) Institute a 3 day waiting period on all FV server transfers.
    c) Re-implement two-step authentication for Daybreak accounts (either by offering the physical authenticators again, or adding mobile two-step authentication).
    d) Introduce paid character restoration tokens in the Marketplace.
    e) Reverse this inane character restoration policy altogether.

Can we get a red name in here to acknowledge that one or some combination of these needs to be implemented? Even better, could we get some confirmation of when they will be implemented? Regardless of your decision, those who have lost their character due to the utterly FUBAR way you have handled this whole situation should have their characters restored. #RestorePwnz
    Grove, Elricvonclief and Glace like this.
  19. Tweelis Augur

Pwnz

While I do feel for you I feel it would also be useful to spread some of the blame rather than target DGC solely for your loss.

To people that support *the site that shall not be named* for whatever reason....that place exists because of you. If you farm the begeezers out of an item to sell on that site YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM! If you bought some plat to finish your push to be a 2100 tradeskiller YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM! These websites wouldn't exist if you lazy dip***** would simply play the game for its intended purpose rather than for secondary reasons.

This is going to be very unpopular but IMO is a part of the problem. Keeping a public magelo for all to see is like parking a cherry 1969 Corvette convertible in a Detroit bus station for a week. If it's really necessary for guilds to track each others gear then set up a private (behind a secure firewall) magelo style gear tracker. Forever ago I was in Familjen.....they had exactly this and it worked out pretty well.

Next up is make sure your system is clean. Even if you're sure nothing is on your system always take the time to clean it now and then. Sometimes websites don't know what's infiltrated their website. Many years ago I picked up something from Citibank....yes the financial giant had some nefarious code in their website. Yahoo loves putting crap on their sites, even their paid mail service has crap come through now and then. Anybody that thinks allakhazam is clean is fooling yourself.

Question for the masses that want a way to restore a character.....if this was ever implemented how much more will you want in 6 months? 1 year? 2 years? 5 years? I'm saying this because basic human nature is to want more more more. It's hardwired into our subconscious.
  20. vjfinazzo Lorekeeper

Glace and guado like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.