Tower of Rot Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deillusional, May 25, 2014.

1. Snowman Augur

I still think the chairs and fire pots need to go, even the table for that matter - line of sight is lots of fun with all those adds !!!
    Elricvonclief and Leerah like this.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I noticed last night that the lag always spiked whenever Bayle did his sword emote.

I also noticed that he's not actually -holding- a sword. Something is definitely off with the model. It might be related to the lag issue, it might not.
  3. Edrick Augur

It disappeared when all the weapons/shield models disappeared. They patched most of them in but they forgot the claymore model I think, thats why the trophy is a bag graphic. In beta he visibly wielded the claymore and it was still very laggy. It is a cool looking claymore too. Noble but not outlandishly decorated or shaped.
  4. Augok Lorekeeper

I'm actually finding this raid an enjoyable challenge.

We have a strat down now which will work with a few tweaks so hopefully it won't get nerfed before we beat it. Only issue we've had is one of our tanks has like 5 seconds lag between keyboard and action :/ some healers have 1 second lag.
    Reht likes this.
  5. Drakang Augur

Hard to judge if for most its really overly hard or not with the lag. If that goes away then a real test can be made on how hard this is and how many guilds can really beat it. I believe we will beat soon. Its challenging but not war raid challenging. And really hate the table blocking line of sight. I can see the mob on the other side of the table but cant cast on it cause I cant see his legs? really?
    Leerah, Smallpox and Fenthen like this.
  6. Axxius Augur

The real event starts at 25%. You need all your mana and endurance for that. So the only thing Weight of Rot achieves is increasing the time it takes to get to that point. It's pointless and annoying.
    Smallpox and Yinla like this.
  7. Druids_corpse New Member

Some of the lag seems to be due to the clip plane doesn't work in the zone at all. I put mine to 0 and in the guild lobby it was close and in the raid it was wide open. Probably goes right to max and if you are usually at like 70% like I am you are pushing your system out farther than normal.
  8. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Just remove the Lag from Tower of Rotten Lag, and leave it as is on the rest please. A very nice challenge and would be a enjoyable raid with out the Lag.
    guado, Bigstomp and Smallpox like this.
  9. Deillusional Augur

Its definitely to do with the adds spawning and / or the amount of adds in the zone at once. maybe the mez / charm script is checking every add, instead of just the blue cons?
  10. Songsa Augur

Yes when we past the 3 red minis and the boss repopped my lag disappeared instantly and then came back with the next set of adds.
  11. Edrick Augur

I was a solid 5-10 frames per second the moment I zone into the raid. It never gets worse when adds spawn, although its pretty hard to get worse than 5 fps.
  12. Iila Augur

I have terrible fps from the moment the raid starts, till the end. It never really gets better or worse with or without adds, staring at a wall or log on/off.

Might not even be from the start, just moving up into the room turns everything choppy. And after it starts, moving back down doesn't really help.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

It's because of the Weight of Rot aura that's on everyone -- the debuff is doing unnecessary checks, or has invisible particles, or something going on that causes the lag. The amount of NPCs in the area may affect the amount of lag it causes, but definitely the amount of PCs is a factor.
  14. lefous Elder

the lag is terrible beside that fun event
  15. Drakang Augur

Easy enough to test all they need to do is turn the aura off and have a guild try it.
  16. A-Quad Augur

it seems 'they' likely consist of a 2-person crew these days, with dozens of other issues to address. take a number please.

but yeah - from 25% on, the game gets near unplayable for me. makes an interesting event aggravating as all hell.
  17. Leerah Augur

You mean like in Beta? ;-0
  18. Drakang Augur

Guess that was part of the Day 5 plan that they didn't get to.
    Fenthen likes this.
  19. Maedhros High King

so now that they have the important issues hammered out such as ending the dropping of the shoulders in ToR static zone, could we get some time dedicated to the unimportant issue of lag in the only raid for this entire tier that was released with apparently no testing?
  20. Filatal Augur

I have zero frame rate issues on this raid, playing with my normal all Character models, spell effects enabled settings. I understand people are saying they are having trouble, but the trouble is not universal ( though clearly there is something that is causing more than the normal number of people to have issues ).

My laptop

Well, not exactly. I have 16 GB of memory, but the rest is accurate.