Tower of Rot Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deillusional, May 25, 2014.

1. guado Augur

Questions to developers (Please, I don't want to start another thread):

1) What is causing the bad lag in the Tower of Rot raid?
    2) How soon can we expect a fix, because the raid really would be fun if there was no lag?

Thank you for your time.
  2. Maedhros High King

youre the exception, not the rule my friend. many people with pretty outstanding rigs are experiencing these issues.
    Elricvonclief and Axxius like this.
  3. Edrick Augur

I hope they fix the lag too - but the raid was tested, if briefly. Removing items and stripping the objects to a minimum helped a tiny bit, so I think the developers have something to start with. It could be the Weight of Rot instancewide debuff, it could be something entirely else.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Axxius Augur

Have you reached the part that starts from 25%? Most of our guild don't have a lot of lag until the red cons start spawning. But it gets MUCH worse when they appear. Those mobs are just evil, in more than one sense.
  5. Pwnography Augur

I don't know what to tell you. The problem is *nearly* universal, then. My PC is built and overclocked to fairly high levels (FX-9370BE stable at 5.1GHz, 2x 7870's in XFire, etc) - far beyond what that laptop can reach. With that said, I don't think it matters in the least. I've never seen either of my GPU's spike beyond 3-5% capacity nor any of my cores go above ~20 during the raid. It isn't PC limitations that are causing the lag.

If you're truly lag free, I'd love to figure out exactly how to replicate it. It would be a great service to us all. :p
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  6. Filatal Augur

Yes
  7. Filatal Augur

Yea, that was kind of my point. I am seeing no issue with a decidedly un-gaming laptop. I am not trying to say "its your fault" or anything, just that it is much more convoluted than "its the aura" or "its the fire pots". I am not just doing fine, I'm doing well with Luclin models and particles ( not all, think I'm set to mine only for player and spells, 100% opacity )

Or maybe I just have a lot of stock in the Lenovo corporation. ;)
  8. Atvar Augur

So was the lag hotfixed today for this(and other raids)? I see another thread claiming things are better in general...
  9. Elricvonclief Augur

Machin Shin beat it tonight I heard.

Congrats Machin Shin!!!

that said, I really hope the lag was fixed.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Deillusional Augur

Wasn't fixed for us. But we play euro time. Can any other guild confirm that it's fixed?
  11. Deillusional Augur

And congrats MS
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. A-Quad Augur

Just got fin shed w ith anot er su per fun nig ht of at empting th s ra id! Boy ther 's noth ing like putt ng in ov r an hou r, setti ng thing up nice, then final y bring ng him d own to 25% when the%%% depTHS%OF HOLy## L Ag HEll OPE%N Up# ! unf ortun tely, not ev ery one g ts to expe ience it - but m any app rently do! /cheer so th nk you! ve ry fun so m uch! yo u took a toug h, te chnical but very b eatab e event an d went ahe d and mad e it im frig inposs ble fo r guilds th t hav a crit cal % of its raid ers bro ught to thei r knee s by glo ri us, chu nky lag! BR AVo! in fac , the lag is so m ighty.. and so coo l ... is ther any w ay we can hav it spill-o v er into thiS dedica ted Tow r of Rot rai d threa d??! T his way, those who hav e not yet h ad th pleasur of exprienci ng it ca n at l ea st see w# hat t hey'''' re misssss###//#sss//########//////

[/(errorunknown=will_attempt_to_post_again_in_x)]

[/(recalling_original_datetime)]

[/(attached, running)]

A-Quad, Wednesday at 9:04 PM Report

/smirk
    Iila likes this.
  13. Edrick Augur

Big grats on the win for sure! If the next attempt is anything like our experience, its like riding a bike.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Tobynn Augur

If you mean it will cause chaffing of the perineum region after prolonged exposure, then yes its like riding a bike.
    Esero and Elricvonclief like this.
  15. smash Augur

Gimme a translator for what A-Quad said.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

We got it down last night, and lag was a huge improvement. I've noticed the raid gets more lag during peak raid nights, and last night is apparently a night where people don't raid in the zone much. I even turned my Luclin models back on and saw no drop in frame rate -- I was probably running 20-25 the whole night. The night before, with "Classic" models on, I was getting 5-10. No, this wasn't because of all the "bow-chicka-bow-wow" that I was downloading, either... ;)
  17. sojuu Augur

Some may depend on class played. Caster have easier time with lag over those next to the mob. They get to turn graphics higher and hide less in filters on crappier machines. I would think the lag may have been improved, and now its client side or the person u quoted could be making it up too.
  18. Kiillz Augur

i thank God do not lag there myself but have any of you used stick figures to maybe alleviate it?
  19. Deillusional Augur

The lag still needs fixing, but we got it down now at least. I don't want to put my guild through this lag every week, fix it please.
    Fenthen, Brogett and Yinla like this.
  20. Falos Augur

Nice work despite the silly annoyances!