Tower of Rot Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deillusional, May 25, 2014.

1. Slasher Augur

Ya i dont get the tower nerf without the lag the raid is easy. The Plane of War raid though that will keep being nerfed its like UF all over they just dont get it.
  2. Azrael Elder

Lunacy Unbound on Tunare just beat it today.

The red cons from 45s to 75s was a big change, though I dislike the blues going from 30s to 45s. Actually makes the raid a little longer in some situations, and going to make the 30 guard achievement slightly more tedious. Not a huge deal one way or the other though, I suppose.

Not sure why they didn't drop the timed adds from the minis on the mission though, that seems like an obvious change that will make the mission a bit more manageable for less than ideal groups.

War changes look helpful...but the raid still seems like it'd be pretty tough. We haven't even attempted it since launch, and not sure if we even have plans to, though I would like to beat it at least once.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Crystilla like this.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

I think it was beatable before. I'd be in some ways happy if I hadn't beaten it yet, but in a way sad. I would have given it another week or two to see after the lag fix. I kinda feel bad for the guilds that were so close that are going to have it turned into a gimme next attempt.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  4. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Yeah i agree with you here, I enjoyed this raid and noticed after the lag was fixed many guilds started beating it. I know the Lag was major issues for us.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Stubar like this.
  5. Pwnography Augur

The nerfs seem a little extreme in the other direction. Seventy-five seconds is... well, overkill. I think many guilds were on the verge of actually tackling this without the stigma of having to wait for excessive nerfs to take out the event.

In any case, we can look forward to a flood of T2 guilds at this point. Congrats on to all those who needed the boost, and my apologies to those who wanted to defeat it pre-nerf with all the work you've put in.
    Bahdah and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. Drakang Augur

Glad we beat it before the nerf. Happy to see the table go away. Not happy to see the royal respawn timer lengthened but that's just because of the way we do the event so it will now drag out part of it more.

Fallen change will help some lower DPS guilds but would have been happy with it the way it was.
  7. Coruth Augur

having beat the event, Im curious what will drag out the event more. Your 2nd person to claim it will make the event longer, but its just not leaping out to me how having less mobs to kill will make the event longer.
  8. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Just depends on strategy. When it was set up the way it was before turning the blue cons into your prefered mob types was helpful.

Making the raid wait longer between spawns slows it down, especially saying you could get the same thing over and over and over.

Now it doesn't really matter, with the nerf there's so few adds with the new timer even a non-6million DPS burn can plow through everything pretty quick and stop adds.
  9. Coruth Augur

I get that, but what I am saying when I saw the sum total of the changes. I cant imagine the raid taking longer.

Unless maybe you go for a perfect 8 out of 8 of same exact mob type.... shudder.
  10. Denial_Sinfae Augur

That is it. No big mystery.

With the change we barely kill any of em now, pretty much just evokers and we leave a healer or two up without any large repercussions cause they only heal like every 45-60 sec a piece (they also barely can hit for 13k vs. 25k on the other types).

Were we to go back to changing to specific types without compromise, it would take considerably longer pending RNG, and just a little longer period (unless we got the perfect spawns immediately).
  11. Coruth Augur

But even if u did, I assume you went for 2 types, not all of 1.

And I find it hard to believe the amount of time spent turning them was going to ever be >>>>>
    Amount of time saved from less total adds on final phase.
  12. Denial_Sinfae Augur

The instances specifically mention "parts" of it being drawn out. I don't know that they were referencing the raid in it's entirety.

Either way, many guilds will be dropping this now. We went from being close to having a working strategy when it was required, to just tank and spanking the day of the nerf.
  13. Vlerg Augur

Is it just me, or he dosen't regen at all? ( even before the pre-shield phase) he used to have a quite decent regen
  14. Atvar Augur

Was it dotted to negate the regen? I didn't really notice tonight since the whole event is much easier without the lag and extra adds.

It was a fun couple weeks of difficult, interesting raids while it lasted.
  15. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Was a nice easy second win tonight for Ring of Valor. We knocked out the final achievement we missed on our first win which was the Imbalancing Act to gain us access to buy the new cure shield. This raid is easy mode with the changes they made. Glad we beat it last week before this happened. Now to work up a strategy to split raid this...
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

BHAHAHAHAHA
  17. Battleaxe Augur

I'm not going to dwell on the event's tuning except to note that IMO raids are properly tuned when:

1. Raids are not easily beaten by anyone on the day of release. If accomplishing this requires completing a multiday flagging effort, then such an effort is needed - even it it's just acquiring flags from group content. There should be something that resembles a sense of accomplishment.

2. (up to) 25% of the raid guilds listed in the Guild Progression beat the endtier early enough that they have the opportunity to completely gear up their active members. An additional 50% have made sufficient progress in an expansion that it makes little sense to continue working on it when a new expansion is release. The remaining 25% makes enough progress to justify making the additional effort to raid and acquire better gear than can be acquired solely by doing group content.

3. Raid should not be a trial by ordeal. IMO they should require class consistant gameplay at a high level with the outcome in doubt. Ideally with a tipping point that takes attention and quality play to reach at which time superior play results in victory and (overall performance or tactical) error results in failure.

I'm a little concerned about the dramatic difference between the event as released and now. If either are "on the money" the very very different other was extremely wide of the mark.

"The undying remains of Kyle's royal guards materialize around the table."

What table???? I see no table. In fact I see table and chairs removed right before our eyes with no explanation. Is it difficult to remove them when the instance is created prior to our seeing them? Would the boss mob saying "Let me clear this furniture out of the way so we can dance!" and not refering to them when they aren't there be difficult?

I'm a trifle concerned about the tuning of what's put in front of us, subsequent retuning, and details like referring to a table that's not there. Fit and finish.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We found his HP went down a lot quicker from 50% - 25% last night than we expected, so we wern't prepared when the reds started spawning.
  19. Cicelee Augur

Can we request the red cons every 60 seconds instead of 75 seconds? Event was near trivial last night IMHO. At least 60 seconds may provide a bit more challenge and tension...
  20. Axxius Augur

The table is a lie. But the throne is real.