Tower of Rot Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deillusional, May 25, 2014.

1. Edrick Augur

Congrats on the win!
  2. Enkel Augur

Congrats on the win!
  3. poisonwaters Journeyman

Lag makes event unbearable. Why is this not fixed?
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Edrick Augur

It seems pretty complicated - there isn't an obvious source of what is causing it.
  5. Axxius Augur

Are they even trying? Are they even aware of it? There has been no acknowledgement from SOE in here. I saw Dzarn post on Beta that he changed some settings after testing with some guild. Maybe he thinks he fixed it and is busy with something else?
  6. Edrick Augur

They are definitely aware of it. I'm not sure why they haven't posted to say so, but they absolutely, 100% know about the lag problem.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Stubar Augur

Welcome to the party.
  8. Brogett Augur

Agreed. They are aware of it and have tried experimenting with the causes. I don't know how far along they are with a fix.

That mistakes happen is understandable as some parts of this game are very complicated. However that it wasn't picked up before launch (and the cloak/shoulders thing) says a lot about the lack of QC within SOE now.
  9. Iila Augur

Four day beta.

It's amazing how many things those three words explain. And sad.
    Fenudir, Fenthen, Insaneox and 4 others like this.
  10. Benzarden Augur

Seriously. There was no need to even rush T2. They just gave us the PoW raid for us to continuously wipe on. They could've beta tested T2 for a couple weeks to iron out all of the issues. Maybe then they could've released the AAs/Spells, that were supposed to come out with T2, at the same time they released the T2 content. But I guess there is no sense in crying over spilled milk.
    Bludvl likes this.
  11. Enkel Augur

I apologize if I am misunderstanding what you're saying, but Dzarn did know about the raid lag before it's official launch. He tinkered with it on beta, and at the time was not able to fix it.
  12. Maedhros High King

I'm not a video game designer, but I think its fair to say what we are seeing in the ToR raid is the tip of the iceberg. 99% of the zone is below this one small area at the top of the Tower of Rot. There is plenty of room in my EQ folder, go ahead and copy and paste the zone and snip all the bottom floors off. I wont begrudge the additional zone file and map. You can rename the new raid only instance zone something cool like Lord Bayles sanctum of no more lag.
    If like many people have said, the main source of the lag is the invisible aura, then stinkin remove it! My guild has solved our mana concerns with some focused use of mana restoration and preservation techniques that I'm sure any of the other guilds that have a legitimate chance to beat it have figured out too.
    So any challenge that the aura presented is easy to take care of, remove it for lags sake!

Should only take a dev a few hours to handle that, so I'm lookin forward to beating this raid tonite.

PS. I will accept my consultants fee of a Blood Stained shoulder via parcel anytime! ;P
    Bludvl, Fenthen, A-Quad and 2 others like this.
  13. A-Quad Augur

I'm finding the lack of communication to be almost as uncool as the lag.

Almost.
    Smallpox and Fenthen like this.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

Make sure to include "and pushed out the release to Live servers despite this flaw" in that statement.
    Smallpox, Iila and guado like this.
  15. Edrick Augur

Then people would complain about the content release being even more staggered. Neither solution was great, unfortunately.
  16. Redrum_Redrum Augur

I think the issue or part of it is the stained glass wall in the room as I recall there was a raid years ago maybe DK with lag issues involving the glass wall where there was to many colors etc causing lag due to trying to render it? Remove just that make it a blank wall and see if that resolves part if not all the issue
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I have less lag standing at the glass wall than i do the rest of that room, so i doubt it is the glass.
  18. Axxius Augur

I doubt that he had a choice. It would probably get pushed to Live even if it was completely broken and unplayable.
    Iila likes this.
  19. Insaneox Augur

Grats on the win!
  20. Ranpha Augur

It might be something else, it could be movement related. One of the runs I had zero lag while buffing. Then everyone runs in the room (without triggering) and I lag badly for a minute orso until everyone is standing still again. That's before the event is even triggered.

(Quad Xeon, Geforce GTX 660, 24 GB ram)
    Fenthen likes this.