Tower of Rot Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deillusional, May 25, 2014.

1. Drakang Augur

Fix the lag and life will be much better. Cut down the spawn rate of the time based fallen adds or make the advisors less likely and it should be doable for most solid raid guilds.
  2. Enkel Augur

Fix the lag, and leave everything else the same. Outside the lag the raid is fine.

Realm went in today and beat the event again, our first attempt since our original win (on release day). Wasn't hard at all outside the lag.
    Fenthen and Trikkii like this.
  3. Iila Augur

We did this in one shot tonight. So it's quite possible once you have a strat down.

The lag REALLY needs to be fixed, though.

After that, tuning would be along the lines of increasing spawn time on timed adds, getting a set order of the Fallen adds towards the end, maybe toning down the mana drain.
  4. Littlelegs Elder

The fact that a guild that has already beaten the raid being able to beat it again isn't really that large an affirmation that it shouldn't be changed.

That being said, I'd like to at least have the opportunity to ATTEMPT it before the server crashes multiple times in a night. Hard to learn/optimize an event when you can't log into the game.
  5. Axxius Augur

Weight of Rot is the worst raid design idea of the year.
    It fails that purpose. What it actually does is force players to use weaker spells/abilities to prevent running out of mana/endurance completely, i.e. just lowers the raid's dps. Which results in the event taking way too long. Not to mention is that it p*sses off dps players.

This is a terrible, terrible idea.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Edrick Augur

Indeed. Definitely fix the lag, then see how the raid turns out for guilds. Then do the tuning, if any is necessary.
  7. Stubar Augur

It's been a long time since we had an event that separates the men from the boys. The difficulty is fine.

The lag is wrong on so many levels though.
    Fenthen, Bahdah, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  8. Atvar Augur

Going from 7+ hour marathon raid to figure it out/get it down, to a smoother kill than a lot of farm raids in one week is a pretty big difference. Remove the lag and see how many guilds beat it before changing the actual mechanics.
  9. Drakang Augur

LOL sorry the one guild that has beaten it saying the difficulty is fine means nothing. We are getting close but we don't pump out a burn the size of ROI to power through the mass adds at the end. I think we will beat it a we are in better shape when we get to 25%. Mainly the 90 second long viral DOT that is taking us out and killing DPS to burn through the adds. Combination of snare and lag makes getting away from the raid a non starter.
  10. Warpiggs Augur

This raid is interesting and the script is pretty cool. Only if the lag could be fixed it would be more enjoyable.
  11. Enkel Augur

The event has been out a whole week and people want it retuned already. It will, since the game is getting easier. But, the fact remains RoI dealt with the same lag everyone else did. The issue is the lag, not the event. If you can't beat the event when the lag is fixed, you might want to look at internal issues instead of blaming the event. It's easily doable. When the lag is gone plenty will beat it. If not, then, like i said, there are other issues at hand.
    Fenthen, Marton and Trikkii like this.
  12. Reht The Dude abides...

I sure don't want this re-tuned before we beat it, i like the challenge (not the lag)!
  13. Enkel Augur

You always have great posts, Reht : )
  14. Warpiggs Augur

Will need to put an * beside all the guilds that beat it before the lag gets fixed. If it ever does heh.
  15. Khat_Nip Meow

What Enkel said ^
  16. Deillusional Augur

They don't even know what is causing the lag, hence the lack of posts on the subject. If it's the zone geometry they would have created a special zone with just that part in already. It is doable in the current form, but you need the tanks not to lag on the final part so dps don't die and to create enough dps that's is required for the raid
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Iila Augur

My class's mana gimmick is about preservation and getting more use out of our mana. Weight of Rot kills all of that. No focus preservation, no wolf form preservation, no Gift of Mana, and as I MAY have mentioned before, we don't have a mana recovery ability. That debuff is very brutal on us, even more-so than other casters.

However, there are in-game ways to get around that or to recover enough to be slightly useful for a short period. It does do the intended job of wearing down your resources and forcing you to keep the event moving forward before everyone is depleted. Switching up your abilities and using recovery options optimally are exactly what it's trying to get you to do.

The mana drain in the last 25% is a hell of a kick in the junk after trying to stretch your mana for that long, though. Dealing with Weight of Rot isn't easy, but it's doable. But keeping enough mana to be able to function with a 2k/tick drain going? Hahahaha
  18. Brogett Augur

There are plenty of guilds who have this below 25% and into the teens or lower, so it's only a matter of time (or lag) before we see lots of winners. I think it's only really the lag which makes it extra challenging now.
  19. Tobynn Augur

The meat of the event starts at 25%. Reaching that point is a milestone, sure, but its nowhere near finished. Barely dented.
    Elricvonclief, Enkel and Piemastaj like this.
  20. Enkel Augur

25%, like people have said, is where the raid gets hard. 5%, that is when the raid gets brutal. The lag just compounds the difficulty. Many guilds have gotten to the 25% phase, it's the 5% phase that is stomping many.

Edit: we completed the even with 47 tonight, a full dps group down. Should be able to muster the dps we did if you have a full raid force.