jiri_'s Recent Activity

1. jiri_ liked Fluid's post in the thread Why don't people like the game post POP?.

There's illusions that get me interested in the early game. I mean I like to play short characters because it looks like they are running...

Feb 21, 2024
  2. jiri_ liked fransisco's post in the thread Why don't people like the game post POP?.

The flavor of the game changes are luclin. People just didn't notice until after pop when the changes accelerated. There are also rose...

Feb 10, 2024
  3. jiri_ liked Larsen's post in the thread New TLP & Rogues.

Depends if you define viable as "acceptable performance" or "truly desirable class." If it's the former, rogues become alright in...

Feb 9, 2024
  4. jiri_ liked fransisco's post in the thread Is this an AMA Question?.

Unfortunately, about 30% of the time will be wasted on non-questions like "what flavor of chocolate do you like to eat".

Feb 6, 2024
  5. jiri_ liked OldTimeEQ1's post in the thread Is this an AMA Question?.

Agreed - I will word it better as a single Q. My worry is the AMA will be a sunshine and puppies show with questions asking about...

Feb 6, 2024
  6. jiri_ liked Act of Valor's post in the thread Is this an AMA Question?.

It's called the veteran's lounge

Feb 6, 2024
  7. jiri_ replied to the thread 2024 TLP Ruleset!.

That, and fix the bugs when they're reported.

Feb 6, 2024
  8. jiri_ liked Umul's post in the thread 2024 TLP Ruleset!.

The answer is obvious: Mischief loot Relaxed truebox from Day 1 All the stuff from Oakwynd. Just take all your good ideas and put...

Feb 6, 2024
  9. jiri_ replied to the thread [Oakwynd] Multiple boss AE timers reduced.

[Sat Jun 05 22:26:01 2021] Tallon Zek begins casting Barb of Tallon. [Sat Jun 05 22:26:05 2021] Tallon Zek begins casting Barb of Tallon....

Feb 6, 2024
  10. jiri_ posted a new thread.

[Oakwynd] Multiple boss AE timers reduced

Bosses with AEs on timers, including Tallon Zek and Bertoxxulous, are casting their AEs faster than intended. Tallon Zek's Barbs of...

Forum: Bug Reports

Feb 5, 2024
  11. jiri_ liked OldTimeEQ1's post in the thread More Plat Fun!.

You mean the 0.22% (what a negligible percentage, which apparently though has kept on giving!) ? :D The LR prices of Time Gear is...

Feb 5, 2024
  12. jiri_ replied to the thread More Plat Fun!.

It allows people to tag mobs (nameds, rares and open-world raid targets) and keep them locked while the force to kill them is still...

Jan 31, 2024
  13. jiri_ replied to the thread A Parser's Request: Agnarr Arena Training Dummies.

It'd be nice to have access to a parsing dummy on TLPs generally, even ones that aren't content-locked.

Jan 31, 2024
  14. jiri_ replied to the thread More Plat Fun!.

Do you play on the server? Are you in the general chat? Do you talk with your guildmates about what's going on?

Jan 31, 2024
  15. jiri_ liked Captain Video's post in the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

This, in one sentence, is why DBG is in trouble as a company. It's not always about you. I retired with 40 years professional IT...

Jan 31, 2024
  16. jiri_ liked Captain Video's post in the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

I don't want to argue semantics with a red-name, but if itsn't a sync, and it isn't pre-announced, then it's a hotfix. That's how the...

Jan 31, 2024
  17. jiri_ replied to the thread More Plat Fun!.

No, it won't. FTE has nothing to do with Oakwynd's situation right now, and whether the 25A server is FTE will change nothing. Oakwynd...

Jan 31, 2024
  18. jiri_ replied to the thread More Plat Fun!.

Oakwynd will be Vulaked. It will continue to exist, but there will be no point in playing on it compared to all other servers. My...

Jan 31, 2024
  19. jiri_ replied to the thread More Plat Fun!.

That could very well be! Oakwynd is not in a good spot right now. The triple-whammy of legacy AAxp being bugged, the massive inflation...

Jan 31, 2024
  20. jiri_ replied to the thread New TLP & Rogues.

This I disagree with. Sure, having mana-free DPS is useful in trash clears, but if I look back at my guild's parses from VT, we...

Jan 31, 2024
  21. jiri_ replied to the thread More Plat Fun!.

/shrug I play on Oakwynd. The feeling on the server is that, as soon as the 25th anniversary server launches, Oakwynd's population...

Jan 31, 2024
  22. jiri_ liked Cardozo's post in the thread New TLP & Rogues.

This question always seems to come up in new TLPs. I went rogue main yelinak, and i can say it was rough in the early expansions. My...

Jan 24, 2024
  23. jiri_ liked Fintank's post in the thread What do melee want as the end result?.

I said Decap doesn't matter. I implied that Assassinate/Headshot are weaker than they should be for the design of what was intended. A...

Jan 24, 2024
  24. jiri_ replied to the thread New TLP & Rogues.

Defining 'viable' as "there is a reason to have a rogue in the party instead of another DPS class", they're viable with a significant gear...

Jan 22, 2024
  25. jiri_ replied to the thread Anniversary Tower Bugs and TLP Level Scaling.

That number probably counts buffs; I don't play a warrior myself and I'm just going off what I remember seeing him say in chat. Still,...

Jan 19, 2024
  26. jiri_ replied to the thread Anniversary Tower Bugs and TLP Level Scaling.

People in my guild reported getting hit with a 24k PBAE, also on Oakwynd. For reference, a max-level warrior with near-max AAs and T2...

Jan 19, 2024
  27. jiri_ liked Fidden's post in the thread White text in Inventory window is blurry.

Category: Video [Can Repro] Date/Time: Thu Jan 18 18:06:36 2024 Character: Level 125 Rogue (Main) Zone: Palatial Guild Hall Location:...

Jan 19, 2024
  28. jiri_ liked Jack's post in the thread White text in Inventory window is blurry.

The casting bar and target's target text are also blurry. I use default UI.

Jan 19, 2024
  29. jiri_ replied to the thread bring back xp for red wine.

By mid-Luclin, there really aren't leveling groups left. People rail against PLers and I get why, but the fact is that they're...

Jan 17, 2024
  30. jiri_ liked AethDW's post in the thread bring back xp for red wine.

They haven't said this, but with personas coming out at the same time as the extra bonus on Oakwynd to make up for screwing up legacy AA...

Jan 17, 2024
  31. jiri_ liked Joules_Bianchi's post in the thread Longer unlock server thoughts.

and the Phinny rulest was so NOT majority opinion. As I recall the XP nerf was not announced, nor were the XP pots. My post about that back...

Jan 17, 2024
  32. jiri_ liked fransisco's post in the thread Does anyone think LS is hard?.

It should be obvious, the devs don't care if EVERY ZONE is a snooze fest for raiders. Because you are in raid gear. It trivializes all...

Jan 17, 2024
  33. jiri_ liked Alkyvret's post in the thread Druid’s ability to recoup mana.

Last year my attitude towards druid being balanced was "if you pretend shamans don't exist, it's pretty fair" regarding our ability to...

Jan 17, 2024
  34. jiri_ liked Dre.'s post in the thread It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!.

When was the last time you leveled from one to max with a new character (Without getting powerleveled or carried through content)

Jan 17, 2024
  35. jiri_ liked KushallaFV's post in the thread Devs, can you explain personas please?.

Personas are a feature that really show EQ's identity crisis as it ages. It continues to adopt modern features, but tries to contort it to...

Jan 17, 2024
  36. jiri_ replied to the thread EverQuest Trivia #871.

Is it the Laurion Inn?

Jan 12, 2024
  37. jiri_ liked Caisy's post in the thread It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!.

Is there a plan in place to do a deep dive on the Ranger class? We're seeing many changes to bring melee up to caster levels and that's...

Jan 11, 2024
  38. jiri_ liked Kenuven's post in the thread It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!.

It is known that Va Xi Aten Ha Ra routinely resets when it flings players. The only reason why this mechanic makes the fight more difficult...

Jan 11, 2024
  39. jiri_ liked Beimeith's post in the thread It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!.

Is there any way we can get items to have new focus effects? Many of them have stayed the same since 2007 (Secrets of Faydwer) when they...

Jan 11, 2024
  40. jiri_ liked Zairus's post in the thread It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!.

If you were a coconut tree, which Hawaiian island would you be on and why? Thank you for your time and attention to this.

Jan 11, 2024
  41. jiri_ liked AethDW's post in the thread It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!.

Thanks very much to agreeing to have an AMA for the players. Got a few questions for yall. 1.Can you give an overview of the studio org...

Jan 11, 2024
  42. jiri_ liked Fintank's post in the thread It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!.

Are there any plans for specific class tuning to ever return? This is a type of need that applies to all classes, but I am specifically...

Jan 11, 2024
  43. jiri_ liked HicksSelos's post in the thread It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!.

Can we get a breakdown of how the inflation on oakwynd only equates to 0.22%?

Jan 11, 2024
  44. jiri_ liked kbreezy's post in the thread It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!.

Would you consider player solutions to dealing with bots? Current process seems ineffective Additionally, could you please streamline bot...

Jan 11, 2024
  45. jiri_ replied to the thread EverQuest Trivia #871.

Does the zone name start with L?

Jan 11, 2024
  46. jiri_ liked Gnomie's post in the thread Persona TLP.

These should be innate features of Personas, not specific to one TLP server.

Jan 11, 2024
  47. jiri_ liked JeffHanson's post in the thread Eat a Krono for exp?.

At this point, they should just hire the people writing the unmentionable software and make automated gameplay a basic part of EQ. The...

Jan 11, 2024
  48. jiri_ liked Cadira's post in the thread Rogue - Adjusted the Class AA, Anatomy.

That's next year's problem, we'll burn that bridge when we get there!

Jan 10, 2024
  49. jiri_ liked kliqIMB's post in the thread EverQuest Trivia #871.

Was it release in or after (lol), Laurion's Song?

Jan 10, 2024
  50. jiri_ replied to the thread Post your Old Fixes and Nerfs that ought to be undone in 2024... I'll start..

Why would reverting a bunch of changes make EQ not EQ?

Jan 8, 2024
  51. jiri_ replied to the thread 2024 TLP Ruleset!.

A Kunark start would be kind of cool if only because it's a true 1-60 expansion and it might be nice to mess around in some slightly...

Jan 8, 2024
  52. jiri_ replied to the thread What's the current view on AFK playing?.

With a key you can attack non-hostile targets. That's how the mage bot armies theoretically work without third-party programs -- they...

Jan 8, 2024
  53. jiri_ liked Gnomie's post in the thread Personas & Intricate Wooden Figurine in PoP.

Wait til he realizes you have to do OOW group trials and DoN faction progression on each persona as well right now

Jan 8, 2024
  54. jiri_ replied to the thread EverQuest Trivia #871.

Same question, Night of Shadows.

Jan 8, 2024
  55. jiri_ replied to the thread EverQuest Trivia #871.

Was it released as part of Terror of Luclin?

Jan 7, 2024
  56. jiri_ liked Grove's post in the thread EverQuest Trivia #871.

Was it released in or after Terror of Luclin? Yes

Jan 7, 2024
  57. jiri_ replied to the thread What's the current view on AFK playing?.

You can definitely automate sending your pet to attack a target in the same way you can automate a forage macro, so I don't think that's a...

Jan 7, 2024
  58. jiri_ replied to the thread EQ raids are digustingly easy.

This. I know DPG needs to use players as beta testers, including on raids, but half of the really hard raids were hard because they...

Jan 7, 2024
  59. jiri_ liked Ozon's post in the thread EQ raids are digustingly easy.

Translation: Of the guilds who were in Beta for a month and half, and had the opportunity to raid every event multiple times a...

Jan 7, 2024
  60. jiri_ liked Muramx's post in the thread Why don't people like the game post POP?.

Raiders always try to say this... It has nothing to do with difficulty. It has to do with the vast amount of time that is required....

Jan 7, 2024
  61. jiri_ replied to the thread EverQuest Trivia #871.

Was it released in or after Terror of Luclin?

Jan 7, 2024
  62. jiri_ replied to the thread Higher ratio weapons.

Given that warriors are called out later in the post, I think when they say 'tank ratios', I'm pretty sure they mean knight ratios.

Jan 5, 2024
  63. jiri_ replied to the thread EverQuest Trivia #871.

Was it released in or after The Burning Lands?

Jan 5, 2024
  64. jiri_ replied to the thread EverQuest Trivia #871.

Was it released in with or after House of Thule?

Jan 5, 2024
  65. jiri_ liked Tyranthraxus's post in the thread 25th Anniversary Wish List.

Since this a wishlist, now would be nice. A winter TLP when more ppl have more playtime.

Jan 4, 2024
  66. jiri_ liked Allayna's post in the thread Laurions Song... I have to admit - You did good.

...Kithicor from the original EQ circa '99.

Jan 4, 2024
  67. jiri_ liked Bigz_Zupdarty's post in the thread Post your Old Fixes and Nerfs that ought to be undone in 2024... I'll start..

Make the items from named mobs in Veeshan's Peak 1.0 drop at some point in a TLP life cycle that is relevant. Haven't had them on a TLP...

Jan 4, 2024
  68. jiri_ liked Tintaglia's post in the thread Post your Old Fixes and Nerfs that ought to be undone in 2024... I'll start..

I want them to un-nerf my jboot speed. If you're old like me, you'll get it.

Jan 4, 2024
  69. jiri_ replied to the thread EverQuest Trivia #871.

Is it an area within a zone?

Jan 4, 2024
  70. jiri_ replied to the thread EverQuest Trivia #871.

Is it a zone?

Jan 3, 2024
  71. jiri_ liked Jinkies's post in the thread Why don't people like the game post POP?.

Great thread, alot of good stuff here. Personally for me, like others have said it's just due to group content dying out at a certain...

Jan 3, 2024
  72. jiri_ liked Montag's post in the thread Why don't people like the game post POP?.

It's not difficulty though. It's poor tuning.

Jan 3, 2024
  73. jiri_ replied to the thread Why don't people like the game post POP?.

What's interesting about this is that all of this is actually from Omens. Gates was a mixture of raids that are generally pretty fun...

Jan 3, 2024
  74. jiri_ liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Post your Old Fixes and Nerfs that ought to be undone in 2024... I'll start..

Other than encounter locking (yuck), everything about the Oakwynd ruleset is what the ruleset needs to be on Live servers. The only...

Jan 3, 2024
  75. jiri_ liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Post your Old Fixes and Nerfs that ought to be undone in 2024... I'll start..

After ToL launched they did a global "fix" to mob body types. Mobs that were humanoid before suddenly weren't. Mobs that were live...

Jan 3, 2024
  76. jiri_ replied to the thread Post your Old Fixes and Nerfs that ought to be undone in 2024... I'll start..

There are some quests like this too.

Jan 3, 2024
  77. jiri_ liked Montag's post in the thread Post your Old Fixes and Nerfs that ought to be undone in 2024... I'll start..

Yeah a lot of revamps don't get added until they're too late to be useful.

Jan 3, 2024
  78. jiri_ liked Labzeh's post in the thread Post your Old Fixes and Nerfs that ought to be undone in 2024... I'll start..

Lets have the Sleeper event script actually work for the 25th anniversary server

Jan 3, 2024
  79. jiri_ liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Post your Old Fixes and Nerfs that ought to be undone in 2024... I'll start..

Give Halflings,Rogues, and Warriors their xp bonus back. Allow Riposte to hit mobs other than your primary target.

Jan 3, 2024
  80. jiri_ replied to the thread Persona reduces Legacy experience.

Right, yeah, the issue is that it was broken through most of Luclin, the level 60 expansion where AAs are introduced following two...

Jan 3, 2024
  81. jiri_ liked NImxat's post in the thread 25th Anniversary Wish List.

2, 4, and 6 weeks classic to Luclin is too fast. Trying to fight dragons and then ToV before we have even full planar armor would be tough....

Jan 3, 2024
  82. jiri_ replied to the thread Mischief-Thornblade Bard Guide.

Post-POP TLP guides are super useful, so thank you for making one.

Jan 3, 2024
  83. jiri_ liked Brildon's post in the thread Mischief-Thornblade Bard Guide.

Just a passion project I started up during TSS, and have been updating each xpack as Mischief/Thornblade progresses. Just finished the...

Jan 3, 2024
  84. jiri_ replied to the thread Post your Old Fixes and Nerfs that ought to be undone in 2024... I'll start..

Yes but also monk fist damage should be reverted too.

Jan 2, 2024
  85. jiri_ replied to the thread 25th Anniversary Wish List.

The main thing I want is for the server to not be completely undermined like Oakwynd has been. 0.22% inflation my absolute butthole --...

Jan 2, 2024
  86. jiri_ liked jiggity801's post in the thread Personas: Let us "absorb" existing alts into personas and we'll buy the new expac..

Even if this basic functionality existed, people wouldn't use it. You don't get an experience bonus for leveling max level - Might as well...

Dec 6, 2023
  87. jiri_ replied to the thread Do Personas Count Towards Oakywynd EXP Bonus?.

Good news, though: because legacy xp for AAs doesn't work, there's no point in having alts on Oakwynd either. (But also Oakwynd has...

Dec 6, 2023
  88. jiri_ replied to the thread Raiding is far too easy and too predictable..

I think it's partly because of beta testing and everyone knowing and practicing the mechanics before they launch. Obviously beta...

Dec 3, 2023
  89. jiri_ replied to the thread Further response to the Tradeskill Depot issue.

It was reported in the Bug Report subforum here on 11/15.

Dec 3, 2023
  90. jiri_ liked Crowfoot's post in the thread Legacy bonus for max level characters and AA exp.

@Angelina My apologies, i know its been asked before, but the absolute lack of any further response when we are two thirds of the way thru...

Dec 2, 2023
  91. jiri_ liked Oscig's post in the thread Is platinum worthless for all the good stuff now?.

So they get to max level and then compete with the people who massively outgear them to farm the items worth selling to be able to buy...

Dec 2, 2023
  92. jiri_ liked Crowfoot's post in the thread Oakwynd - Legacy Character Bonus and AA's.

After 2 months they need to make further updates. I acknowledge that patience is important in these things but at what point does...

Dec 2, 2023
  93. jiri_ liked coltongrundy's post in the thread Fixed (Oakwynd) Legacy Bonus not applying to AAs.

People had to not only pay for a sub to even log into the server, but then also purchase extra character slots in order to get the full...

Dec 2, 2023
  94. jiri_ liked Dartan70's post in the thread Fixed (Oakwynd) Legacy Bonus not applying to AAs.

They cannot possibly be "investigating" this issue for a solid 2 weeks straight. You are correct sir- they can't be investigating for a...

Dec 2, 2023
  95. jiri_ liked Doranur_Aleguzzler's post in the thread The future of EQ due to these issues....

The OP isn't wrong though. The legacy bonus for AA's is a definite thing that concerns MANY TLP players. Some of us were looking forward to...

Nov 29, 2023
  96. jiri_ liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread "-responded with the urgency and gravity-".

Sure, but being locked out of the market because a plat dupe massively inflates the value of items isn't a good thing.

Nov 27, 2023
  97. jiri_ liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread "-responded with the urgency and gravity-".

Buying krono with plat on one server in order to use on another server? But you missed my main point which was that you can't expect...

Nov 27, 2023
  98. jiri_ replied to the thread "-responded with the urgency and gravity-".

It's uncoupled level progression from economic progression, outside a few specific camps. Normally, in EQ, your gear progression...

Nov 27, 2023
  99. jiri_ liked Oscig's post in the thread "-responded with the urgency and gravity-".

Calling this 'inflation' implies this was typical market behavior. A TLP with a GM assigned to do things like watch for plat exploits or...

Nov 27, 2023
  100. jiri_ liked Slaps's post in the thread So, that's it? A hotfix and no rollback?.

You will not be the only one, this is completely unacceptable.

Nov 22, 2023
  101. jiri_ replied to the thread Possible Solution to Dupe.

Your proposal is acceptable.

Nov 22, 2023
  102. jiri_ liked Trevalon's post in the thread I want to see some videos of people manually playing 6 characters.

I actually think the OP has a point. It is funny to see the mass boxers (and by mass I basically mean 4+ as most can box 3 efficiently,...

Nov 21, 2023
  103. jiri_ replied to the thread Rogues?.

I agree with some of your post, but this is an issue IMO. In a group situation, that means one of the rogues isn't backstabbing, and in...

Nov 15, 2023
  104. jiri_ replied to the thread Rogues?.

I don't think looking at population is the best way to approach this, actually. Every TLP has had a ton of boxed and botted accounts,...

Nov 9, 2023
  105. jiri_ replied to the thread Rogues?.

It's a fun Classic/Kunark conundrum. Rogues stink without their epic. Rogues are pretty good with their epic, until Velious makes it...

Nov 9, 2023
  106. jiri_ replied to the thread Rogues?.

"Here is a specific change that has hurt rogues compared to in-era behavior with a possible solution." "git gud, this is all ego" Buddy,...

Nov 8, 2023
  107. jiri_ replied to the thread Rogues?.

There are also a lot of issues around Backstab. If I remember right, damage formulas changed, but (obviously) none of the old...

Nov 8, 2023
  108. jiri_ liked Brontus's post in the thread Customer Service and the Persistent Feeling of Disrespect.

There's a big difference between feeling disrespected and devs actually disrepecting players. In today's world it's very easy to feel...

Nov 6, 2023
  109. jiri_ liked Skuz's post in the thread Rogues?.

My observations have been that On TLP Monks are OP & Rogues are UP for the first few expansions, nobody really overtakes Monks until 75...

Nov 3, 2023
  110. jiri_ liked Shakara's post in the thread Mix it up a bit for new expansions.

Overseer is the worst things for new players and probably is a big reason new players don't ever play on live servers. EQ has a massive...

Nov 2, 2023
  111. jiri_ liked Laronk's post in the thread Mix it up a bit for new expansions.

Really it would just be nice to have like 1 fast respawn zone with a bunch of different camps where a couple camps are 85 a couple are 90...

Nov 2, 2023
  112. jiri_ liked Dre.'s post in the thread Mix it up a bit for new expansions.

"Git gud" doesn't get you gear or levels. You need groups for that, which is precisely what folks are missing below cap, and why a new...

Nov 2, 2023
  113. jiri_ liked Dre.'s post in the thread Mix it up a bit for new expansions.

Of course, content should be doable by folks 10 and 15 levels above the cap, but what's missing there are the rewards. Level 85's won't...

Nov 2, 2023
  114. jiri_ replied to the thread TLP Plus: Merge Legacy of Ykesha with Original EQ Release.

No, it wasn't. But quests were an important part of progression in ways that are still pretty familiar today. On TLPs, the pace and...

Nov 2, 2023
  115. jiri_ replied to the thread TLP Plus: Merge Legacy of Ykesha with Original EQ Release.

I would really like (it will never happen) for a TLP to start with berserkers, somehow. It's always sucked that they come out after the...

Nov 2, 2023
  116. jiri_ liked KushallaFV's post in the thread He Played EverQuest For 100 Hours - Should You?.

If you weren't getting divorced or losing your job by playing EQ, then you weren't ever playing the real game. /s

Oct 31, 2023
  117. jiri_ liked Dixa's post in the thread He Played EverQuest For 100 Hours - Should You?.

with mercs, there is no reason to group before 70. the pre-70 game is completely different from what comes after. class-changing and...

Oct 31, 2023
  118. jiri_ liked Dixa's post in the thread He Played EverQuest For 100 Hours - Should You?.

why? the game only gets worse as you hit the 70's. he never had to experience the total slog leveling becomes or the insane ability...

Oct 31, 2023
  119. jiri_ liked Dixa's post in the thread He Played EverQuest For 100 Hours - Should You?.

yes for someone who makes a living playing video games, 100 hours may not seem like much. for the average new player with a job and...

Oct 31, 2023
  120. jiri_ liked Dixa's post in the thread He Played EverQuest For 100 Hours - Should You?.

wow in all of it's forms destroys your 3rd point. right now today i can log into classic era, retail or wrath classic and see players...

Oct 31, 2023