Anniversary Tower Bugs and TLP Level Scaling

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Aiona, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Aiona Augur

On Oakwynd TLP here, completed the first task then went to the tower to use my key and go through the first door:

Was told to kill ancient crocs 0/2

In the room is:
    a deepwater croc, and an ancient croc on the left, and another pair like this on the right, and across the room is a withered memory (reaper type)

Pulled the ancient croc, killed it fine.

Pulled 'a deepwater crocodile and it starts nuking me and my party members with a level 99 cleric spell, called Chromacrush.

[IMG]

Now, the problem with this is there is no Chromatic resist on Oakwynd that I know of? And at level 50-55, a 4694 nuke that is very 'difficult-to-resist' is very problematic to completing this task. :D

Also, one of my party members claimed the reward for fully completing the first task but didn't get their 10 tokens.

If I find out anything else, I'll update or post more.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. SteamFox Augur

Chromatic is the avg of all your resists (minus corruption I think), however it sounds like the scaling is off relative to the normal HP players have in this era.

Also, the 10 tokens may be in their inventory, seems 50/50 if it goes to the alt currency tab or drops them as an item in one of your bags.
  3. Aiona Augur

Good tip for the chromatic resist. Can't buff corruption yet though, which would make this problematic no?

The tokens are not in his inventory or bags, or alt currency. :(

It sounds like he didn't get the 'claim' reward window, even though he finished it before me by repairing the key. (he submitted a ticket for it while I made the post above.)
  4. SteamFox Augur

I think I mixed up Chromatic and Prismatic, Prismatic is avg of all resists and Chromatic is lowest. Unsure if corruption counts but I didn't think so.

Can he type /reward to bring the window up? Sometimes I have to type it twice for the window to not just auto close.
  5. Gialana Augur

I think you had it right. At least when I looked it up on another site, it said Chromatic is average and Prismatic is lowest.
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

chromatic damage strikes at your lowest resist.

clerics, pallies, enchanters do chromatic damage to make up for the lack of poison / disease / corruption focus gear like poison / disease wrists slots, etc.
  7. SteamFox Augur

Was the site you looked up the first response on a forum called "What are chromatic and prismatic resists?" from Graffe Forums? Because thats where I first pulled my info from as well but then further down someone corrected them and explained it, prismatic is avg of all (like a prism) and chromatic is the lowest of the single resist colors (like mono chromatic).
  8. jiri_ Augur

People in my guild reported getting hit with a 24k PBAE, also on Oakwynd. For reference, a max-level warrior with near-max AAs and T2 PoP gear has a hair under 10k HP.
  9. Aiona Augur

I have heard this from others on Oakwynd, as well.

And your Warrior sounds legit, BiS gear for warrior will barely get you to 10k in PoP, with SK being ~350 HP behind.
  10. jiri_ Augur

That number probably counts buffs; I don't play a warrior myself and I'm just going off what I remember seeing him say in chat. Still, 24k AE when no one has more than 10k HP seems a bit much, especially when there are ways for specific classes to cheese through it anyway. The point is that there isn't really a difficulty curve on the event; it's either impossible (the AE kills everyone with no counterplay) or trivial (we DA-pulled with a cleric to the opposite corner then manaburned it, killing the boss in ~2 seconds).
  11. coltongrundy Augur

It's fine, there's no need to nerf anything. The boss dies so fast you can kill it before he nukes your group. You have time to get in position and be ready to fight. Even your enchanters, clerics, whatever, should be doing as much damage as they can. People are beating this on every server that currently exists.
  12. Artanthos Journeyman

For an easy win, go in with a low level magician with a fully twinked pet. HOS, Temp, pet toys, etc.
    Don't bother nuking, that provokes the PBAOE, which is also for 23K at lower level. Just let the pet tank.
    The specter self destructs after hitting the pet once or twice (at ~3k a shot).

At higher level: I DA pulled with my paladin. The specter killed everyone else with the PBAOE, then self destructed before my DA wore off, giving us the win.

The PBAOE appears to be a response to being hit from outside melee range.
  13. Aiona Augur