Possible Solution to Dupe

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tribbious, Nov 22, 2023.

1. Vindor Lorekeeper

Its not 8am in san diego yet, we may get some news in the next couple of hours ?
  2. tanksfornothin New Member

Anyone complaining about a rollback is someone that doesn't care about the longevity of the game, casuals or anyone other themselves. Good riddance to anyone that doesn't see this as something that needs to happen or will literally ruin the game for ever server, forever.

ROLLBACK NOW
    Reacshion, Taladir and BaoDur like this.
  3. brickz Augur

If they can't remotely turn off a server there's no hope for this company
    BaoDur likes this.
  4. BaoDur Journeyman

DBG is a global company, at least one person should have been able to be contacted to pull the plug. I'm optimistically guessing they're leaving the servers up until they're ready to do a rollback.
  5. Elabone Augur

Yea, i mean im not a fan of a rollback at all, ive spent ALOT of time in game leveling this past day or 2, but the server literally dies without it.
    People who were median to low income will quit because items will become unobtainable without buying krono. Players who were high income will continue to play, but their ability to make Kr will drastically be reduced, leading to them spending more time on other servers, or outright quitting as well.

Most players will go somewhere and bide their time until Apr-May when the next batch of servers is announced.
  6. Bernel Augur

Is the duplication of items only a problem on Oakwynd?
  7. tanksfornothin New Member

Krono is linked to accounts meaning this will or has infected (to some degree) every server and possibly even other games. Its much bigger than a single server issue.
  8. Tuco Augur

The community will tolerate a rollback. It's the only way.
    Taladir and Elabone like this.
  9. Slaps Journeyman

100% only logical way to fix this issue.
    If they do not, they will effectively have destroyed not only Oakwynds economy but multiple other servers that people took advantage of this exploit on.
  10. coltongrundy Augur

You guys don't understand how krono works. Krono is account wide for your daybreak account. There is no EverQuest rollback that can undo krono sales and purchases. Krono has nothing to do with EverQuest other than EverQuest is a Daybreak game. Krono exists outside of EverQuest, EQ just has access to an endpoint to deal with Krono.
  11. jeskola pheerie

EG7 is a global company, Darkpaw Games is based in the Pacific time zone.
  12. Moof New Member

Wow, people are running around the Nexus giving away Krono on Oakwynd. You can sell a Krono to barter for 2mil plat. The server is on Luclin - wow. I cannot think of an exploit more damaging to ... everything.
  13. BaoDur Journeyman

I think it's fair to assume that at least someone at EG7 has remote access to & is capable of shutting down the servers in the event of a disastrous problem during off-hours.

This counts as a disastrous problem, btw.
  14. BaoDur Journeyman

and?
    will take a couple of sql queries to figure out where the krono came from and what account it was used on
  15. Zanarose New Member

Someone just walked up to me in the baz on Oakwynd just handed me 6 million plat
    Slaps likes this.
  16. Tuco Augur

Rollback. If someone traded away a large amount of krono for a surprisingly good deal and it can't be reverted, caveat emptor.

[IMG]
  17. Zanarose New Member

Maybe they can give us the extra life xp bonus we just had to make up for the waste of time ?
  18. Moof New Member

They'd need to turn that on for about the next ... 3 months to offset a rollback.
  19. jiri_ Augur

Your proposal is acceptable.
    Khieran likes this.
  20. Slaps Journeyman

That would be acceptable if they address the AA legacy bonus at that same time lol