Bans, Boxers, 3rd party programs, and EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cheyana, Apr 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HowDidIEndUpBackHere Elder

Mental gymnastics by making false claims that I "support the cheat crowd" when in fact I straight up say the botting is what drives TS prices down and makes them basically useless to sell for meaningful profits? And how krono prices are impacted by botting?

Wow. You're actually so good at these mental gymnastics.

The post is still there. If you re-read it and still come to your same conclusion we can get you set up with an online learning course for reading comprehension.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Are you trying to walk back your remarks?

You said it was already open source:
    Now, you are using Redbot's quote (which I posted), to defeat your own point. You now agree with me by saying "it is NEARLY complete."

Do you have a comprehension or memory problem?
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Dude, doesn’t know what Open Source and GitHub means. Careful, with that guy.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I'm glad you learned the terms "mental gymnastics" today. Let's look at your original post. I'll bold the parts that betrays your position.

"But I'll throw in an ambiguous point about Krono that I can use it as a token defense against supporting cheat software."
  5. HowDidIEndUpBackHere Elder

Again, you pick and choose what you want to pull.

On the other hand it would be nice to sell the 30-50 odd stacks of tradeskill items for a reasonable price lol or have the price of krono not get massively inflated.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Thank you for providing that information as it appears I missed that part of it when I read it (though you could have provided a link so I didn't have to search for the section it was posted in). Yes it does seem that it might have changed but I am not sure they are going to be going after people who have a something to push a fishing/forage key while they are still at the keyboard. I could be wrong but I don't think that was the purpose of the statement.
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Whoah brother, you are quite confused.

I don't remember the date, but it's been over 10 months and more than likely over a year ago source code was posted on a github and talked about here on the forums. Whether the people that posted code up on github are the same people making the claims in that screenshot, I don't know.

It's entirely possible the people in the screenshot got the code back then, and they are talking about Nearly Complete with their OWN changes to it.

Or they are saying they are Nearly Complete with their presentation of Open Source code.

In any case NEARLY COMPLETE means the lion share of the work has already been done, and takes time, and informs those with reading comprehension, this was started in the past not recently.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Again, you bring in a ambiguous but token point about Krono. The pro-cheaters love the economic argument (always subject to interpretation).

But hey, you said you don't care if the software goes away. So I'll take your word at face value.

If you want to go further and say "I condemn the software in so far that it violates Darkpaw's rules" that's even better.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You said it was "already complete."

You need to check the accuracy of your statements.

What is the point of debating with you? Half the time you are apologizing for misunderstanding.

Magnus is a Nordic name. Maybe you are Nordic and Anglo terms of art gets lost in the communication?
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Thank you for actually reading it.

I know I read the new rules and comprehended their meaning immediately.

You insisted that I not quote it, and I couldn't quote it because it's a closed thread.

I made sure to provide every bit of context I possibly could, to be sure you noted the portion I quoted was a self evident statement on it's own and no context was lost. Because that's how I roll.
  11. Zemistheman New Member

Economics are ABSOLUTELY at play here with the #1 item being Krono.
    A reasonable individual with some economics background would understand the following:
    * Who is buying Darkpaws Krono, from the store, at $16-17 / pop
    * Why they are buying these (and if you believe it is ONLY for a month sub, you have your head in a paper-bag)

Once you look at the bigger picture, instead of a micro-view point... what you appear to be grand-standing for (banning outside software) will have dire consequences for this game and the bottom line for Darkpaw.

I see you are proud to have played EQ since 2001.... Maybe I should put I have played since 1999 and have seen it all over the last almost 23 years (and by all, I mean all).

I know what the rules say - we all do. However, after 23 years of not enforcing the rules.... well, you are going to destroy the creation - YOU made buy going after a huge portion of the community - and the entire community, as a whole will suffer.

Vumad and MacDubh like this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thanks for proving my point. I couldn't have said it any better myself. LOL.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You can provide a link to the thread that someone can click on to read what it says.
  14. Zemistheman New Member

I am glad we can agree that Darkpaw needs to stop with banning ALL people who use 3rd party software and just ban those who abuse it (bot groups, afk killing, warping and KS'ing)
    I am glad I have your support :)

15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

No, cheaters should be suspended or banned.

HowDidIEndUpBackHere made the point that botters strictly increase Krono prices for everyone. My counter was that his point was ambiguous and token. You just fell into the trap of undermining HowDidIEndUpBackHere's argument.
  16. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Well, why continue to make so many posts about 3rd party software?
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Yes I am very capable to post a link to that thread.

I didn't want to go to the extra effort. Knowing the rules and where to find them is your, and everyone's responsibility. I didn't choose to post rules off in a corner rather than in the EULA for example.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Ah, Skrab with the reverse psychology.

Still trying to play the good cop/bad cop routine to quietly support cheat software?

(I am receiving notifications but you are returning to ignore).
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

/em raises hand then jumps up and down
    ooooo ooooo me next please! It would be glorious to be rid of your absurd and often slanderous comments on my posts!!
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I've never responded to your posts until you kept trying to get my attention.

Please ignore me. You won't have to apologize for misunderstanding ever again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.