Fixed Internally Live, Test Launcher, and Installer Broken

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Vastradar, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Dr. Whom New Member

2. Dr. Whom New Member

So here's what I'm seeing in their greater download log:

30fc-01:20:38:Found 2 file(s) to update.
    3df8-01:20:38:Creating mx_crystaltwob.mp3
    3df8-01:20:38:*Warning: Retrying mx_crystaltwob.mp3
    3df8-01:20:39:*Warning: Retrying mx_crystaltwob.mp3
    3df8-01:20:39:*Error: BadFileSig - mx_crystaltwob.mp3 - http://eq.patch.daybreakgames.com/p...31d/8b2ca20dc1a6558f3e11c0b1ce378f67b9f?cb=JD

It may be a problem because they've got one too many mx_crystaltwob.mp3 request in the manifest or something... I dunno... seems like it should be a quick fix if someone actually gets to it.
    theG33K likes this.
  3. Vastradar Journeyman

I saw the same thing, but it's the same file. There's something messed up with the patcher right now and it's stopping people from logging in.
  4. Vastradar Journeyman

Been having a similar issue with mx_crystaltwob.mp3. Support ticket is open.
  5. Dr. Whom New Member

6. Vastradar Journeyman

7. Vastradar Journeyman

The checkfile appears to be wrong with that file.
  8. Newbasaurus Journeyman

I get the same thing with the error (install might be in progress), even after rebooting and trying to validate all game files.

Note: I was in hospital for a while so missed "getting the files" before tonight (Friday EST)
  9. Lungvin Lorekeeper

10. Lungvin Lorekeeper

appears to be the same file name but two different files except for the renamed add on
  11. Vastradar Journeyman

I just tried a hunch and tried to launch the game without using the launcher and all files being perfectly valid. Didn't work. So this is a big problem.
  12. Dr. Whom New Member

Augh, yah. I tried manually trying each, no luck. Looks like they REALLY need to fix this.
  13. Trong New Member

EXACT same issue I'm having.
    Is there a fix yet?
    Been trying to get on for the past hour!!!!
  14. Vastradar Journeyman

No... and it's insanely annoying. The file itself is valid. It looks like the checksum is wrong.
  15. Dr. Whom New Member

Nope. Tried a couple workarounds based on Vastradar's info above no luck. I think it's screwed until someone shows up to fix it. Zero comms so far if anyone has even acknowledged the problem.
  16. PaladinZ New Member

Just like the old days of EQ, wasting a night waiting for support to fix an issue...
  17. Vastradar Journeyman

What I'm scared of is that this is a weekend so we might be waiting something like 4 days. That kind of delay is going to cause a lot of people to cancel their accounts.
  18. Dr. Whom New Member

Bug Forums are now a progression server....
  19. Vastradar Journeyman

I have likewise gotten no communication on my urgent support ticket on this issue. I will update both threads as soon as I do.
    Dr. Whom likes this.
  20. Dr. Whom New Member

Ditto... and I'm sure there's a ton of folks who don't regularly post to the forums about this stuff.