Fixed Internally Live, Test Launcher, and Installer Broken

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Vastradar, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Dept. of Labor New Member

None of these solutions are working for me.
    2 of the 3 computers I have are showing this exact same file corruption.
    WHERE are the Devs & WHY has this not been immediately fixed?!?
    Can someone with DBG comment here and fill us in on the fix??
  2. VendirStatus New Member

This last patch you did made me unable to connect again. So many years loyal so what. Is going on?
  3. Dark_Pheonix Journeyman

Don't use the 1st link (from page 1, Dr Whom), use the 2nd one (from page 2, PokeyAKC).
    The 1st one didn't work for me.
    Tried the file from PokeyAKC's link and it worked on 3 computers for me.

Daybreak should update this as a few guildys can't log on so I posted in the discord to help them.
  4. iamabrick New Member

Thank you PokeyAKC! You are a hero. Happy Holidays everyone!
    Fanra and Icechanter like this.
  5. Dr. Whom New Member

Yes, ignore mine. That was us trying to troubleshoot what the heck was doing on. Just be forewarned that mp3 from PokeyAKC _may_ not work for you. Some folks don't have any luck with it. For folks who don't, and know they're patched for everything BUT that file, you can pass patchme. This will even work for running EQ_Setup.exe (I kept hitting retry until the mp3 was the only thing left). Either way, as Vastrader pointed out, we shouldn't have to do this level of workaround for such a massive issue and new players just downloading EQ_Setup.exe for the first time only to find out its broken aren't helped at all by this level of troubleshooting.
  6. moorl New Member

Same issue here hope we get a fix or atleast a reply from dev/com manager.
  7. Kaiju New Member

Would be nice if someone from the Daybreak staff would respond to this issue. To let the customers know if they are aware of this problem and are working on it this weekend.
  8. SomeForumGuy New Member

I am having the same issue, tried on two different machines. Haven't played in a while and was thinking about coming back to the TLPs. Maybe this is a sign....
  9. Trong New Member

Just did for my laptop...PokeyAKC, you are the EQ Hero for the month!!!
    Been reading about how it is working for some, not working for others.
    For the one's it is not working for; are you downloading the MP.3 file and then copy/pasting it into the EQ main directory, or are you pasting the link in the post, in the directory?
  10. GingerAvenger New Member

When trying to login I get an error that pops up and says : The Downloaded File is incomplete or was corrupted. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 mins.

Anyone else getting this?
  11. Baladune New Member

Getting same error
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Vonrah and Seldil like this.
  13. Adventurer68 New Member

Sorry that does not work i guess for everyone i copied in that sound file in my eq folder and it did nothing. I even did a fresh reinstall and says the file is corrupt. What shocks me is we are in the holidays and people might want to return and resub and I have seen no acknowledgment from Devs that they are fixing the issue. Means this game has very low support. =(
  14. Adventurer68 New Member

Additionally i think it is sad that someone outside of the Dev team has to come up with a fix. lol
  15. magman New Member

mx_crystaltwob.mp3 is the problem my pc was ok so I copied it and pasted into wifes pc and she was able to log on, before that she had the critical error couldn't log on
  16. Torv New Member

Thanks PokeyAKC, far better work than Daybreak, been 12 hours and no fix but decided to pop your file in and poof it works. Expect a check from Daybreak for your excellent work...
  17. Wleigh New Member

Downloading the file that PokeyAKC linked and putting it in my root everquest directory fixed my installation error. Thanks!
  18. junglenights Augur

I have the same probelm. In another thread someone mentioned the problme didn't occur on their boxes that had logged in for the 12/19 patch. Could it be this "bug" only affects people who didn't log in for that patch?
  19. Herf Augur

20. Dragyn New Member