Fixed Internally Live, Test Launcher, and Installer Broken

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Vastradar, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Khat_Nip Meow

If you have a working live install or even Beta you can just copy that mx_crystaltwob.mp3 from it to the root of an EQ directory that isn't working.
    (If you're still having an issue with that file during patching then you're simply not doing something correctly.)

certutil -hashfile mx_crystaltwob.mp3 MD5

MD5 hash of mx_crystaltwob.mp3:
    09110de12dd161e4a155b61a536479ce
    Funnonry and Fanra like this.
  2. Scarfce New Member

Thanks, I DLed the Wav file and that did that trick!
  3. Cleric's New Member

I am having same error message is anyone working on fixing these am told you can download file some where and Put it in folder or Click run and should work But not seen are GMs working fixing patcher
  4. Cleric's New Member

yes I am having same file Issue are Gms Devs working on fixing these issue?
  5. Hillbillyheaven New Member

Not sure about eveyone else, I can log in, but I get disconnected every half an hour, on the dot, since this morning... litteraly, every half an hour on the dot. Anyone else having this issue?
  6. Rafajafar New Member

7. Bristoldb New Member

I'm getting the same error and can't fix it with the alleged fix either.....
  8. Bristoldb New Member

9. Seldil New Member

Worked for me thank you very much.
  10. Mhystwalker Journeyman

Has anyone seen anywhere yet that the Dev's have even acknowledged this issue? Been two days now and still can't patch to log in. Very depressing. I've been so looking forward to content that a non raid geared player can't explore. No sarcasm there...
  11. Mhystwalker Journeyman

Dude. THANK YOU! I'm in! Good thing the Dev's are on their game right?....no pun intended.
  12. Cleric's New Member

Im still having Trouble with Patcher Login Error Message 12/21/1019 And ive heard others are to I try patch Fixie it Did not work but am getting Error message I hope GM's Devs are working to Fix Can't login 3 days
  13. Tmerz New Member

Even after downloading the correct MP3 and dropping it in the main EQ directory the game still wont pass the patcher on one of my PC's. I hope this gets fixed soon so i cant at least play the game.
  14. skizOOp New Member

Yep, I'm one of those returning people. I received the same error when trying to install the game. I also cannot uninstall to test to see if the files are corrupt because I receive an error then also. Trying to return after not playing for 15 years or more. Not instilling a lot of trust or incentive for me, personally.
  15. Venator7331 New Member

Im having the same issue with the exact same file, tried downloading a working version of the .mps from someones OneDrive on this forum and copying it to the Game files and it still doesn't work, says the file is still corrupt. please fix
  16. Juxtaposedirony New Member

Same issue as the first post, used the linked .mp3 file and it allowed for the download to resume.... wanted to log in after being away for 6 months .. but have been playing for 13 years on and off. Crazy to see this level of bug still happening.
  17. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

18. Fenedar New Member

Downloading the mp3 didn't work for me. What finally fixed it for me is running LaunchPad.exe directly from the EQ folder, rather than through Steam, and logging in again. That allowed it to finish patching properly, both for Live and Test.

I still can't go back to the Steam-started launcher after this - it still says files are corrupted, even though when starting LaunchPad directly it thinks everything is fine.

[edit] Doing this lost all of the UI changes that I've made for a few weeks. :(

[edit again] Woops - turns out it I was running EQ from a backup on another hard drive, which explains the old settings - and when I copied the missing mp3 file from there to my main drive, now it works. I don't understand why the downloaded mp3 didn't work! I still hope this gets fixed for people who don't have access to another install.
  19. ambrash11 New Member

Hi - Did a validate files and came up with the following.

Updated File List

Checking game installation...
    Found 2 file(s) to update.
    Creating mx_crystaltwob.mp3
    *Warning: Retrying mx_crystaltwob.mp3
    *Warning: Retrying mx_crystaltwob.mp3
    *Error: The downloaded file is incomplete or was corrupted. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes.
    Checking all game files...
    Found 2 file(s) to update.

Appears to be stuck on trying to load the mx_crystaltwob.mp3 as it is corrupted
  20. Vastradar Journeyman

ambrash11,

You have two possibilities. Either you download the file provided by pokeyAKC here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqj9PWzJ4MSVgYd9Pxel6ybSbP5uSw?e=DdFW4l and replace it with the mx_crystaltwob.mp3 that's sitting in your Everquest directory and then see if that works (preferred solution).

Or you do this: Change the eq shortcut to this: "F:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme" or whatever your drive and directory are.

And by the way, Daybreak, you now owe me 5 years All Access Membership for all the players I've helped with this bug.