Fixed Internally Live, Test Launcher, and Installer Broken

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Vastradar, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Vastradar Journeyman

Most of us that post to the forums are the ones that have been here for years (I've been playing since 1999) and love this game and support it. But that's not the average player and there aren't enough of us to support it if the developers screw up too much.
  2. Kbamm Journeyman

I am logged in on two accounts on Mir but my other 2 pcs will not update. So this started shortly after 5 pm
    Dr. Whom likes this.
  3. Lungvin Lorekeeper

although you shouldnt have to right click your eq desktop short cut and where it says the file path delete LaunchPad.exe and put eqgame.exe" patchme. i hope you remember your passwords and such. i thought i had forgot mine at first lol. Not sure how it will affect gameplay if you are in the new expansion but i play on mangler, so im hoping it wont affect me to much
  4. PokeyAKC New Member

Miss_Jackie, Lungvin and Dudefella like this.
  5. Lungvin Lorekeeper

"C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme
    It will look similar to this when your done. Again not sure how it will effect your gameplay but its a fix i figured out. im ingame on manlger on both of my guys now. hit me up Sectumsempra or Salazzar
  6. Lungvin Lorekeeper

tried the mp3 thing it doesnt work for me.
  7. Kywen Augur

I downloaded Pokey's file, put it in the main EverQuest directory and it got my installation working.
    Thanks!!
  8. Lungvin Lorekeeper

ahh my bad i thought that was the other kudos to pokey! If others cant get the file to work my fix will work temporarily
  9. PokeyAKC New Member

theG33K and Wleigh like this.
  10. Dr. Whom New Member

Passing patchme appears to allow logins. Thanks for checking that.

Fundamentally I feel bad for folks just trying to download this game for the first time until this is fixed. Having to jump through all these hoops is ridiculous. You'd think there'd be a bigger concern that EQ_Setup.exe is also broken...
    Lungvin likes this.
  11. Vastradar Journeyman

Believe it or not, that actually worked. I'm able to login now!
    Lungvin likes this.
  12. Dudefella New Member

13. Nugohs New Member

I am also having this issue...
  14. mysticleesa New Member

I tried to get the sound file to work several different ways, the one that worked was; I downloaded the sound file to the desk top from the link above, copied it, then went to "C:\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest" right clicked and pasted (in the parent file location). Previously I was searching and deleting the sound file.
  15. bowlkmose66 New Member

This is an embarrassment and it's on expansion launch weekend, wow.
  16. Trong New Member

PokeyAKC THANKS!!!!
    DL'ed it and can now log in!!!
  17. Mediik Augur

Ya.. still can't login.
  18. Vastradar Journeyman

That actually doesn't work, I tried it. It works for some people but not reliably. There's something screwy with the checksum.

What does seem to work is the /patchme setting. But that disables all patch downloads so it shouldn't be used lightly.

If you change your EQ shortcut to this: ""F:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Or whatever your eq drive is, it works. But it's not a long term solution. This will work great if you have a second install that wasn't fubared by the patch. But it's still not a good option for more than a couple days.
  19. Vastradar Journeyman

You can't possibly expect that all of their players have enough background in IT to figure out most of the things that we've tried here, nor be hardcore enough to care. They're really screwing themselves if this isn't fixed FAST.
  20. bowlkmose66 New Member

Used the replace file provided and it worked x2.

just copy it and dump it right into the eq folder.