Agnar Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kolamer, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Pikallo Augur

There is no indication that there is anything would be different in terms of difficultly. I'd highly doubt it.

Personally, even though I love PoP, I don't think this will be a very successful server. My opinion is that a locked server, on any expansion, will be come stagnate and boring. There is very little incentive for players to stick around after completing PoP and getting geared out (which will be very easy with instancing).
  2. nagash101 Augur

The really should have locked the server at OoW, not LDoN.
  3. Darpa New Member

I like the new Ruleset. The FV rules are for lazy noobs who just want to buy being good. XP will not be a terrible grind which will be nice and for us that play till pop everytime then reroll this is awesome because we can stick around here and have fun.
  4. Thorn01 Journeyman

I was being sarcastic. I think its a stupid idea and people are going to get bored once they hit max lvl.
  5. Polekn Augur

Another "event" server, good news for Phinigel.
  6. mackal Augur

Chance of me watching EQ announcement streams on Facebook live: 0

Chance of me watching EQ announcement streams on Twitch: well depends if I'm doing something better with my time, but if I'm not: 100
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  7. Galleyan Augur

To be honest, this is actually a decently healthy way of looking at it. I'm not gonna say the idea of a locked server is what I wanted; but this is good enough for me to waste a little time on. And by a little I mean a year. Is that so bad? :p
  8. OldGrinder New Member

The players on phinny seem to have what they want (for the most part). Why not throw in two TLP's? One with true box code and FV ruleset + instancing and another without true box code but same rules. Scrap MoTM and figure out a way to prevent pet wallers, everyone wins.
  9. Kelandi Elder

Split your raid targets.
  10. v01d Journeyman

Still has trade-able krono, so.. no.
    frankie78227 likes this.
  11. Mowens Elder

Well the funny thing is, when they stream on twitch they get barely any viewers, less than 20-30. On Facebook they had over 300.
  12. Mowens Elder

Yeah, and if it didn't have krono people would still sell plat. What's your deficiency?
  13. AgentofChange Augur

When is this garbage can of a server supposed to launch?
  14. Galleyan Augur

Livestream mentioned that they were shooting for end of May / beginning of June. Other than that, no official announcement of timing thus far.
  15. Kanuvan Elder

So great i can leave this stinking World of Warcraft cloned server and play on real eq1, also Angarr just sounds way better to say than Phinnigel
  16. Murphy Elder

great idea. seriously....the exp will at least keep you playing while you slog through the flag fest that POP was and SOL got started in the expans before.
  17. Doomroka Journeyman

I know they are just being reactionary to what people have been vocalizing by raising the XP rates, but goddam it seems as equally counterintuitive as when they lowered the XP rates on a faster release server.... just seems weird to me, because youd think having a slower leveling pace would be more reasonable for a Content locked server like that... i mean, thats the only reason p99 has succeeded while have stale content and horrible end game, because they stretch out the leveling/gearing experience. im not saying that faster exp is the worst thing ever but it just seems like a mix thats bound to just end up creating an empty feeling experience. you'll get to max level in no time and then have the same raids over and over again. Phinigel exp has seemed tough, but i think that overall its added to my experience by keeping me busy enough to not get bored.
    frankie78227 likes this.
  18. Potsos76 Augur

I'm confused. What is there to do once you've gone through all the PoP content that you're interested in? What else is there to do?
  19. Dysaio New Member

Agreed with Doomroka, why increase exp rate on pop locked server? For me better if on new server will be FV ruleset and Phinny exp.. With no instancing for casual player no way to get raid gear on this server. Seems ppl who leave Phinny and not join this new server will just to try find other game.
  20. Ethereal Augur

"Waaaaaa DBG didn't do something I specifically wanted. "

Thanks for keeping that "phini attitude" strong.
    sifonin likes this.