Krono Prices... Sad Panda

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Jun 24, 2016.

1. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I don't see anything unhealthy about that. Most of us probably put in the same amount of hours in this game. I think it's a sign of evolutionary progress that somebody would jump outside the grind/farming/giving DBG money for nothing cycle and look at the big picture. He's still playing, he's just playing on a whole different level than you.

You can be a soldier all your life or you can be a general. :)
    Frenzic likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm he is complaining about not being able to use his billions of plat. He knew going into it he wasnt going to have anything to spend billions of plat on. But I can accept that not being very smart if you prefer that to unhealthy. Someone wants to make billions of plat thats fine play the way you enjoy. But don't complain you cant use your massive fortune because you should have known that at a hundred million plat. I have no problems with someone wanting to make that much plat I only have an issue when they want the game changed in ways that would hurt the players without all that money.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I wish you could find a way to discuss the topic without attacking the person.

He's talking about a shortage of kronos and the inability to find them for sale. That doesn't have anything to do with how much plat he has.
    Nandary Griefs and Frenzic like this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

First off he brought up how much plat he has and that with billions of plat and 70 accounts he is unable to get the krono he needs and feels if krono could be sold for more in the bazaar that they would become available to him because he could pay as high a price as he has to to get them.

So I assume he figured if people can easly sell krono for 3 or 4 million each on the bazaar (or whatever price he figures it would go to) that he could then use his billions of plat to fund 70 accounts.

Because I said Real Money transactions have a lot to do with it since on some site people are offering up 900 krono for sale he said I have an unhealty fixation on RMT sites. Not sure what is unhealthy about believing they cause a lot of the krono shortages. Maybe you can ask him.
  5. Frenzic Augur

Of course there's nothing wrong with campaigning my own interest, no one post on this forum unless it promotes their interest :)

Increasing the plat limits in bazaar would allow the Krono to continue to move. Only plat sinks will help the average player afford them.

Why thank you. It's not often that someone sees my playstyle and accepts it.

I enjoy making money, it's far more enjoyable than the game's content. Making money is it's own reward for me. It would be nice if I could at least keep my accounts going via my in game play. I'm not the only one having problems. Even those running a few accounts are now having trouble keeping them fueled.

When people don't have a good point to make they attack. There is no good argument to be made for not having useful plat sinks in the game. There is no good argument to be made for having archaic bazaar ceilings. These two issues fall squarely on the devs and their inability to fix common sense issues.
    Nandary Griefs likes this.
  6. Frenzic Augur

My personal situation is just an example of the overarching problem. It's an extreme example, but the problem is real. RMT sellers are irrelevant... Again they have been around since the beginning and this issue is new. Please don't use a real issue to go on come crusade against RMT. All that is doing is distracting from the real issue.
    Nandary Griefs likes this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Prove to me RMT is irrelevant. I You could have said RMT wasnt the biggest part of the problem but to say they are irrelevant to krono availability in game is silly. That people holding 900+ krono to sell RMT is irrelevant. People who need 2-3 krono a month are still able to get them. Just not via bazaar because a few individuals buy them all up. If there are a lot of players funding 70 accounts with krono that could explain a shortage too I guess.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Frenzic Augur

You mean besides the fact that I've run my accounts for quite a while? I don't deal in RMT so I'm unsure about them holding hundreds of Krono nor do I think it matters. If their numbers were increasing at a rapid rate, I might consider the notion, but as it stands, holding 900 Krono means little other than they aren't selling them.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  9. fransisco Augur

new expansion, everyone wants to play and be gold.

Perhaps the price cap has NOTHING to do with no kronos for sale.
    There just are not enough kronos being sold.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  10. Kravn Augur

with the tons and tons of new AA to get, being gold is more beneficial than ever.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I get what you're saying, though that's a pretty poor analogy, given a general has authority and at least some kind of obligation to the soldier.

Besides, Frenzic doesn't do what Frenzic does for Frenzic. Frenzic does what Frenzic does because Frenzic *is* Frenzic!

This is one of the issues that Krono created, especially in regards to TLP - if someone had to pay cash for 70 accounts (~$900/month), I doubt we'd see many people actually doing it.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Actually, I think you may have missed my point :) I was trying to say that we all play our games for different reasons and in different ways. I know some people who enjoy playing EQ in first-person view. It's a fine way to play, and helps immerse those people in role playing. But those people are handicapped in combat compared to people who can use the camera and utilize 3rd-person view. I know people who swear by only playing one toon. And those people are handicapped compared to people who box multiple toons. I usually only box three toons and am handicapped compared to people who box more (up to 70 apparently).

But I don't think the people playing 70 accounts are doing anything wrong just because they play more accounts than I do. Or just because they have more influence in the "economy" (such as it is).

Redirect your hate away from other players and towards your true enemy.
  13. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

You are right, that would probably prevent people from playing 70 accounts. It would also prevent a lot of other people from playing any accounts. Less players hardly seems like what EQ needs right now.
  14. fransisco Augur

I'm pretty sure they are breaking every 3rd party m$croquest rule there is
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

What hate? People can and should play in whatever way they enjoy (assuming it's not greifing, cheating, etc), I've got no issues with that. If 50-boxing is one's thing, thanks for helping keep EQ alive.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  16. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Would you mind quoting the rule you are speaking of? I have not been able to find such a rule. This appears to be something that some players perceive is against the rules, when in reality, it is not.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

It's called supply and demand.

All those krono's you say they're possibly selling to RMT? Guess what. They aren't leaving the systems. They still exist. So even assuming RMT someone who plays EQ or another daybreak game are the only people who can use them.

It's not like the krono is being carted off some where.

I do know some people who have alot of kronos. Not because they need them, they could just as easily be hoarding a ton of plat. None of it leaves the game. (except krono's once spent).
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Are you Sam Deathwalker? The 24 boxer roxer? :) (I'm joking)
  19. Bigstomp Augur

They are. Or at least by extension this theoretical 70 boxer is.
    Someone else paid for 70 kronos. They bought them for plat or trades for items or whatever. Now they're spending them.

Daybreak made more money than they would have if they just had subscriptions for those 70 accounts.
  20. fransisco Augur

Look it up for yourself.
    Any program that plays your character for you is illegal.
    If you can have it do programmed actions, run macros (which start a series of actions), ect. It is illegal.

You cannot run 10 accounts without cheating. 70? pfffff whatever.