Krono Prices... Sad Panda

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Nay, but wouldn't be surprised if our loveable Lord Frenzic of House Frenzic, First of His Frenzic, Long May He Frenzic, wasn't some distant genetic relation to the legendary Sam. All the signs are there, people! Tinfoil hats, ho!
  2. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

You are making up rules and stating them as fact. That is irresponsible of you. For everybody's benefit, here is a link to "rules":

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230629007-EverQuest-Everquest-Rules-of-Conduct

Please find in there something that backs up the statements you just made up. Also add a link to any rules that may affect the game but which are not contained in that link. The goal here should be to help everybody understand the rules so that nobody is afraid to play the game.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Here are a couple of more links for everybody's consideration. Section "10. Cheating" and section "11. Collection and Use of Information about Your Computer" should be of particular interest to everybody:

https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

And there's this item on "EverQuest AFK or Unattended Gameplay":

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/231115088-EverQuest-AFK-or-Unattended-Gameplay-
  4. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

My take on those rules: I think the important takeaway is that DBG have wisely written the rules so that they can do whatever they want. And they also have the authority and technology ("Truebox") to see exactly what applications you are running at any time. If they wanted to ban everybody using certain programs, they could.

But they most certainly do not.

They want the most paying players possible to generate the most income possible. This is why they ban (temporarily) players who grief other players. And why they do not unilaterally ban, or even seem to have a problem with, players who use 3rd-party software for everything from parsing and communication to window management, memory scanning, and automation.

I'll bet there are some devs/gms who also share the black & white view that all 3rd party software should be completely banned. But legally, it is an open-ended rule whose bounds are defined by DBG (and their profit motives), not just player opinion.
  5. Frenzic Augur

Rofl... You're a TLP bro aren't you? I seem to remember your post from a while ago :)

I did not know Sam as he played on Rallos, I believe, and I played on Talon.

You're pulling information from no where. I never said I automate anything. I've played my armies right besides GMs multiple times. I've had conversations with them as I've played. There is zero wrong with how I control my characters and certainly zero automation. Please try to stay on topic~
  6. Bamkan Augur

This is the funny thing. Folks are wanting cheaper Krono's, but they don't want players like Frenzic to be able to buy them.

It's like there is a group of people that don't want to put in the effort to earn the reward, but instead just expect it.

#Ivanka2024
    Kravitz and Frenzic like this.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Nah, I toyed around on Ragefire for a bit but am primarily a Live player.

You might remember me from such Frenzic-ego-padding-and-self-gratification-forum-threads as poster_12 from that one where someone paid you 10kr to kill BrotherZ for a robe and made a post praising your generosity and benevolence for it, or as poster_42 on that other salty thread about the time the GMs killed the bone chip quest npc while you were in the midddle of handing in 100,000 of them or whatever.

Good Frenzic to you though, sir! <3
    Frenzic likes this.
  8. Frenzic Augur

Ah right, I remember that lol. Was it really 10 Krono? That's a lot concidering I didn't ask for any reward... The GM that killed the bonechip quest should burn in Doomfire!

Merry Frenzic and happy Frenzics to you too good sir!
    Sheex likes this.
  9. Badhand Elder

Made another 5 million+ selling my wares since I last posted in this thread and purchased another 2 krono on /trader for 2 mill each. Seems to work fine as both times they were there after leaving /trader on overnight. Not the same for any of the other items I was seeking.
  10. Wizdons Augur

really badly sucks not being able to easily buy krono on /baz. Prices are what they are but not being able to actually use the tool for buying/selling things is bad form.

Im not a fan of being the the sess pool of general chat to find krono for sell or to sell them. Setting up a buyer or trader should be possible for any price.
  11. Lorewood Lorekeeper

I am with Wixdons on this fix the bazaar 2 mil is to low.
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Add some goodies to the Nobel's vendor to suck some plat out of the economy.

Maybe some beta/preorder rewards from 4-5+ expansions ago.
  13. Sikanle Lorekeeper

There is plenty of stuff that could be sold for plat on vendors. Buff potions/25% overhaste potions are my first thought. I would buy stacks of those.
    There are also plenty of items that go well over 2 mill.
  14. fransisco Augur

Items that add legitimate dps like overhaste potions would be a bad idea - that directly feeds into the pay to win scheme.
  15. Wizdons Augur

Debatable.. overhaste is not some game breaking deal big advantage. if i recall overhaste is caped and nothing actually stacks so best benefit wins.

Anything that is sold in /baz could be pay to win.. only difference is how the plat is shifted / removed.

Proc buffs and general class rk.1 buff potions would also be a nice addition to a vendor to remove plat from game.

Res things similar to loyalty

Mana and end regen things..

lower level gear/augs for those new players and or players returning.

so many things could be added that would not really break anything but would take plat from player hands.

currently what is sold on a vendor (only way to remove plat) that is worth buying? not much.

These new TS points could have been a good way of removing plat but they went a weird way with it. 301+ points could have been only obtainable using some combines that used things on vendor that actually take a significant amount of plat + all the inflate amounts of trash drops.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Everything is fine as is. Adding items that would get purchased with enough frequency to actually drain sufficient plat would be serious pay to win.

After giving some players 18 years to accumulate vast amounts of plat any items added to reduce that would have a major affect on the game because they could get used so often. Besides which that does nothing to affect the players who spend most of their time buying and selling and not playing. Their plat wlll not get drained and they will still be able to adversely affect things like krono prices by simply buying up mass quantities of them.

On my server krono prices went up because one person was buying any that showed in the bazaar for a couple of months. Now they are priced past 2 mil. Which is in some ways a good thing as anyone wanting to corner the market has to spend time in General chat to do it.

The bazaar price limit is fine as it is. Raising it will simply increase the price of krono further. Leaving the bazaar as it is helps keep prices lower overall and raising it is not going to reduce the plat in the system.

Right now the only source of additional players we have are people returning to the game. We get very few actual new people. Allowing higher limits on bazaar prices simply encourages more inflation and makes things tougher on returning players.
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I am offering kronos for 3 million on Bristlebane. I don't know how it is on Xegony, but on BB there are 0 kronos for sale in the bazaar because of the limit. That is not a good thing, it doesn't help keep prices lower, and it just makes it more difficult to find anything to buy. Krono sales seem to have almost stopped on BB, as buyers are afraid to make a purchase without knowing the "fair" price (which the /baz and /bar used to help determine).

New player are far more likely to buy a krono from DBG and sell it for plat than they are to try and buy a krono in-game with plat. Higher prices are GOOD for returning players, as they get more plat for their buck and better start in the game.
  18. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Suggesting that an item could be placed on a vendor as a "plat sink" has been debunked over and over. The best you could hope for would be a stupidly expensive consumable item (and again, why would anybody buy it?), but as Corwyhn pointed out, it still does nothing for the people who buy and sell without without worrying about playing the traditional way.
  19. Avory Augur

I hope others said something but maybe you misspoke. Supply if there is more than people are buying would cause prices to drop as to get more people to buy.

Less supply with high demand = higher prices

More supply with less demand = lower prices
  20. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I think Raptor was correct, if he's referring to not enough people buying new Kronos from DBG. Hence, a lack of supply.