Krono Prices... Sad Panda

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Perfectly doable... as long as you correctly define "cheating" software.

And he likely meant 70 chars, not 70 accounts.
  2. Zamiam Augur

ya because i thought i was crazy having 12 accounts even though i only use 6 at a time usually and out of those 12 only 3 or 4 are gold access at any given time..
    Nandary Griefs likes this.
  3. Kravitz Augur

How do you know he's not running 70 accounts as traders?

I used to run 7-8 traders, and I know many on my server that ran 16-20 traders and 3-4 buyers. Easiest way to farm plat, all completely AFK (offline trader mode) and legitimately according to EQ rules, without using any software.

Best exploit in the game, cause the game holds your account hostage, so the have-nots that can't afford to run that many accounts, loose out. Thank you for keeping the worst bazaar system in an mmorpg!
  4. Zamiam Augur

to do offline trading afaik has to be gold account so if that person has 70 accounts and using as offline trading that he's paying for more power to him lol
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Changing bazaar prices won't help. The kronos are getting bought out to sell on third party sites. Raising bazaar limits just help the rich get richer and gives those returning to the game a harder time.

"Any of my core servers" you have multiple core servers? Which servers are these? You don't sound like the average player and that is who Daybreak needs to tune the game towards.
  6. Kravitz Augur

Haven't payed for a EQ sub since Krono were introduced, just by farming plat in the bazaar you can buy Krono to keep a sub.

QFT.

I'll add the issue is the bazaar, and that there is no money being taking out of the game by person to person trade occuring (i.e. tax on trading), whether it be as:
    1) buying from a trader
    2) upkeep and taxation on buyers in barter or
    3) directly one to one trades via trade window.

The 5% loss from buying from a vendor merchant is also a joke.

Passed the billion plat mark about 2 years ago. Until, they fix the bazaar and actually allow taxation in the game, nothing is going to happen to solve the inflation of plat.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

I already pay enough taxes in RL I don't want to think about taxes in a virtual reality game that I escape into to forget about the daily struggle. Besides we don't seem to have representation in EQ at the moment so I say "No taxation without representation" dang it.

This measure is only going to cause more issues than anything. If you tax a trader a base daily rate this will eliminate any low level items from the bazaar. If you tax based on a product sale people will simply pull all their high value items and sell in general creating a mess in general chat with people buying and selling. If you tax the person buying from the bazaar you decrease the buying power of those players who will most likely just send the seller a message for high priced items and work out a time to do a tax free exchange. This just creates more of a headache than anything and makes a game that is suppose to be fun and makes it more like a job.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree that any tax idea is plain silly. Anything increasing prices will help turn off any players returning to the game. I am more interested in seeing returning players stick around then I am in adding/changing things in game to give the plat billionaires something to do with their money.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I guess they could just limit plat to 100 million per account or something if that would help?

It is an old game. 17 years old. Coming up on 18 years old. A lot of games don't last that long and those that do will have the same problem assuming they hold on to a fair share of their player base and it doesn't rotate.

MAYBE if the game had built in plat sinks from the beginning it would be fine but adding any now that actually give you anything would be grossly unfair and favoring the billionaires like you that were able to accumulate that wealth. There is no reasonable plat sink they can add today that will deal with plat billionaires other then to let them get some game advantages with their money.

Taxes would of course be insignificant to the billionaires and more onerous to the average player. But yeah they would make the billionaires plat worth more. What the billionaires want is for their amounts of plat to be relevant. Don't see it happening as the game was never intended to deal with large amounts of money like that nor does Daybreak owe any new game mechanic or item to spend all that money on.

For whatever reason some people decided to gather billions of plat maybe they liked the bazaar trader game maybe they were into Real Money Transactions who knows. All I can say is that raiding bazaar price limits, taxes, plat sinks all are to the benefit of those holding on to large amounts of plat and those who are making real world money by selling said plat or kronos or whatever.

As for the krono shortage the person I sometimes buy from has said one person on my server buys up 90% of the krono. So at least on the server I play on its someone with tons of plat that is keeping krono scarce not the bazaar price limit. Unless you want to increase the price of kronos so only billionaires can afford them.

We could probably think of a lot of changes that would be better for the average player and returning players but deal with the krono shortage due to RMTs , hoards, and plat billionaires. Just saying. Because from what I see it is not the average player out there complaining about bazaar price limits.
  10. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

The cost of a krono in plat is never "too" high (except for the broken/useless /baz). Economically speaking, some inflation is expected and healthy (no inflation is not healthy). The cost of a krono in plat is based solely on supply and demand. The cost of a krono in dollars is between $9 (third party sites) and $18 (DBG).

The real problem you are all witnessing right now is a lack of krono. Because people aren't buying them from DBG, at least not to be used in EQ.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Unless my guild is highly unusual just asking them I find a lot of them sell krono. I get asked or see the questions asked about how long krono take to show up etc.

Only Daybreak knows if krono sales are down and they aren't sharing. I thnk a lot of RMT people may have gotten used to a ton of kronos flowing out of phinigel and quarm and ended up having to spend plat to make up for the drop in kronos from those two sources.

Even Daybreak can check out third party sites and see guys with 900 odd krono to sell. One person buying out the krono on multiple servers can have a massive affect on the krono price. Someone with billions of plat who decides they want to start cashing out of the game could clean out the krono market.

But there are all sorts of limits that could be placed on krono and still make them easy to buy and sell without silly ideas like only being able to trade them once. All sorts of things could be done to make it a major pain for volume buyers and sellers but not impact the average krono user at all and improve the availability of krono. From daybreaks perspective though they want to try and encourage maximum krono sales and I assume keep the game somewhat healthy so they can continue to sell krono.

I guess its just like the banking crisis. The peeps involved have to show they can responsibly handle things and that means RMT peeps not buying up so many krnos to cause a shortage or Daybreak comes in and regulates things IF they think its affecting their profits.

I have given up trying to figure out what Daybreak thinks will help profits though. They haven't said much at all about the constant server instability issues which means they don't get public relations or they don't want to come out and say they don't know how to fix the problems or they think some event in the future will fix things and they are just sheltering in place until it happens.
    svann and Nandary Griefs like this.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

What do you mean by "RMT people"?

I think this thread is mostly just complaints about rising prices and complaints about seeing people who are wealthier. Both of which are silly in my book. It's like complaining that winter comes each year (i.e. it's just a part of nature).

What seems like a legit complaint to me would be the /bazaar not being able to handle in-game transactions, and how that forces/encourages players to use 3rd-party sites or discourages krono sales on certain servers altogether. Or even complaining that there isn't enough being done to keep players interested in the game (and buying more kronos from DBG). Of course, that's probably going to fall on deaf ears since they just released an expansion.

But here's a key point that a lot of folks miss (and which a lot of us can agree on): if you are buying kronos with plat, to pay for your All Access, you are at the bottom of DBG's priority list. Literally just one step above completely F2P players. If you already aren't spending money, you're not their problem.
  13. Bamkan Augur

Your 3rd party sites are selling 200k plat for $1. This is double what it was 6months ago. Effectively this puts a DBG Krono at 3.4mil value. Generally there is a mixture, but the true price for Krono should be in the 2.6mil - 3.0mil range.

It's not a lack of Krono bring brought. It's just that it isn't worth it to resell it for so little. That 200k:$1 ratio is just going to increase as plat is less liquid and worthwhile.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I've checked those sites out krono and plat have never been in synch. Just because I am too cautious to try them doesn't mean I don't price compare. I have never seen krono sell as much as whatever the plat equivalent has been.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

People who buy up all the krono to sell to people for Real Money ie Real Money Transactions. They don't resell them on the server for other to use. So far fewer krono on the server to buy with plat increases the plat costs of krono.

Increasing the bazaar price limit just helps those who want to make Real Money off EQ and that is not the games purpose. I have no problem with people doing that but when it drastically affects the game I guess we have to look at options.
  16. Bamkan Augur

And yet there are hundreds of Krono available for sale on Phingeal.

Why does 1 server have hundreds....and other servers have none?

If I was to have a full time barter buying at 2mil on regular server and another selling at 2.1mil, i'd have to buy/sell 40 krono per month just to pay for the accounts.
    People are just moving to where the profit is...which is Phingeal currently.
  17. EnchFWO Augur

You must have forgotten that Krono can be transferred to any server since they are account based. I'll let you put two and two together about what's going on with the system.

So no, Phinigal is not the Krono utopia. It's just the machine that generates them.
  18. Frenzic Augur

Sure it's well documented how it's done.

70 accounts, God knows how many characters =x

Yes I use Krono to power my accounts and have for years. This Krono shortage is unlike anything I've ever seen and in the near future will force me to close all my accounts. I refuse to pay for the game with real money and I can't continue doing what I'm doing with free accounts.

You seem to have an unhealthy fixation with 3rd party websites. The "big" sellers are all scarce on resources right now. RMT and players alike are struggling to find Krono. Raising the bazaar limit would simply allow greedy players to continue to sell their Krono. If there is a true shortage of Krono being bought from Daybreak, that is just further proof of agonal respiration.

Limiting plat per account is a terrible idea that would serve no purpose. There is already a hard limit on plat per character, I've hit it by accident. Money sinks are needed in all MMOs. Without them the currency becomes useless. I have billions and nothing to use it for, that should tell you all you need to know. This notion that increasing bazaar limits somehow only benefits the rich is ludicrous. Right now neither poor or rich can find Krono regularly. The price is not being dictated by the bazaar limits, rather by decrease supply and increasing plat stores.

Phinigel and other special rule set servers give much more value per Krono than live servers do. On Phinigel a player can sell Krono and purchase usable gear, while on live servers I can sell Krono and... stack platinum? This is the primary reason that Krono go to those servers, there is actually a use for money.

Again with this false narrative. RMT exist sure, but few use it. The vast majority of players live within the constraints of the game world. The facts are there are less Krono available and it's extremely more difficult to get them. As I've stated before, if bazaar were selling Krono for 2.5M I would gladly buy them, it's not an issue of price, it's availability. RMT have been around since the dawn of EQ and never has this problem occurred. Why you believe it's related to RMT is beyond me.

Bottom line is that in these past few months the prices of Krono have gone up and the availability of Krono has gone down. With no real solution in sight, in just a few short months I will be forced to sunset all my accounts and finally move on to something else and that is sad.
  19. Siddar Augur

Aug idea is still good. Place a merchant place a 50ac 300mp/hp/ed +8 to heroic cost 1 million plat, That will reduce the platinum in the economy. As it currently stands plat is circulating in a circular pattern between buyers and sellers of Krono. As long as there is no plat sink in the game the price Krono will continue it's upward trend. Because new money being added to the mix constantly.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

70 accounts across multiple servers and you kept working at making plat into the billions then complain you cant' spend it? Someone seems to have an unhealthy urge to make plat.

So because you having problems running 70 accounts on krono you want the bazaar prices raised so you can use your billions of plat to buy up all the krono you need even if it inflates the prices way out of reach of a lot of other players. Well.. nothing wrong with campaigning for your own interests.

Raising bazaar price limits and letting krono prices skyrocket is fine for those with billions of plat but not for others out there. Just saying.

And btw.. can I have your stuff? :)