Krono Prices... Sad Panda

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Hellboy007 Augur

I never thought krono would exceed the max baz price a year or so ago. Well that's getting ever so close now. Here comes black market Krono sales.

Its hard to believe that at one point krono were < 300k..

Honestly not sure if this is good or bad.. Those that only play the game on krono may leave the game so one could say this would hurt the game with krono prices continuing to sore.

At least for me i have a good 3-6 months in reserve. though at some point im going to have to either give it up or dust off the CC for EQ.. then i have to ask is $45+ a month worth it?

I sure do miss the days of one tier of raid gear every expansion being non-prestige.. it would be nice with the state of krono prices these days

[IMG]
  2. Sindaiann Augur

LOL @ trader 2 on that list
    Xanadas, Lonye, Indrigoth and 3 others like this.
  3. Numiko Augur

That's one of the reasons the TLP servers are so popular, you can easily farm enough plats in one day to purchase a Krono or two on those servers. On Phinny they are currently selling for 5500 or so, and for some reason the prices have actually fallen, a couple months ago they were going for for 7 to 7.5K

it would be pretty hard to farm 2,000,000 plats a day on a live server.
  4. Geri_Petrovna Augur

Lucky you don't need Krono every day then :D 2,000,000 plat a month should be enough. (only 66k-72k a day)
  5. Numiko Augur

That's if you only have one account of course, many people on live have 3-6 or more accounts to feed
  6. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Supply and demand. Not enough people buying new Kronos to make the price go down.
    Viper1 likes this.
  7. Viper1 Augur

If prices are that high it's because people are willing to pay that much for the ability to not pay cash for their subscriptions. Blame your fellow players who keep shelling out that much plat for a measly $15 voucher. Seriously, your time spent farming plat is worth more than $15.
    Tarvas likes this.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Plat has little to no use on live servers for a lot of players, and $15 has use everywhere for everyone. Is it really that surprising that the demand for one is so much higher than the other, and that the prices reflect accordingly?
  9. Hellboy007 Augur

While i wont say i dont mind the krono prices 2Mpp+.. what i will have a bit of a problem with is the fact that they will then be only salable via the black market because DBG has yet to take the time to make the bazaar max >2Mpp.

wish they would take the time and actually make the baz work for modern day price inflation of items.
    Nandary Griefs likes this.
  10. Aghinem Augur

I blame The Shredder and his Foot Clan.
  11. Rhodz Augur

*munches popcorn and glad not to be involved in the krono biz*
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  12. Hostility Elder

Rofl nice catch
  13. Kaliko Augur

You're on FV what do you expect krono prices to be? Plat is rediculously easy to come by if you camp relevant items like augs, etc. When you box multiple accounts you might as well take advantage of how much easier it is for you to farm items compared to a solo player.
  14. Daislet Augur

[Wed Jun 22 19:27:12 2016] You sold 37 Krono to XXXX for 66230000p .

Are people really paying close to 1.8 mil for Krono is my only question.

Why would someone want so many? The margin for resale is low. The quantity is very high for use of them. Maybe they are buying to get a headstart on Quarm.

To me, this transaction is only a week or so out from the Quarm server launch.

Is Daybreak buying Krono in bulk?, forcing people to use $$ to buy Krono to play.
    FixShamanPlease likes this.
  15. Vdidar Augur

How would this transaction be forcing anyone to buy Krono with cash?
  16. Daislet Augur

It has taken the Krono out of the supply chain.

If there is no Krono to buy (currently there is none on my server for sale), then they cannot obtain it with plat.
    The OPs picture showed someone with 99 for sale. Be interesting to see if they are still there over the next few days - my guess is they wont be.
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

While I would never put it past DB to manipulate the market (they do set all supply after all), 37 krono is 6 months for a six boxer, so not unreasonable in my book.

I agree that the hardcoded 2 million pp limitation will encourage black market sales. Nobody wants to waste their money, and if you can get 4 million pp for your $18 somewhere else, well...gotta weigh the risks I guess.

Shock and awe at the amounts that kronos are selling for is somewhat naive, as inflation is normal. What I think is more significant, as others have pointed out, is that the supply of kronos appears to be drying up. That is most likely because more and more players are not willing to pay real money to play the game, and are instead trying to keep their accounts alive with krono. I think this is a natural player progression as we hit max level and run out of expansion content.

Give me content or I'm not giving you my money.
  18. Rhodz Augur

I think people are going through tight money and just have less RL cash to spend on anything.
    Just one of the many things that have been pointed out about the device all along.
    RPoo likes this.
  19. Drunk_on_Gnome_Punch New Member

Looking at Vox server, a guy there is 40+ /barter buying Krono at 2,000,000
    so its not gonna get any cheaper unless people from TLP come back with a horde of them :mad:
  20. Stune Augur

The only reason the person has 99 kronos is to sell plat online, and purchase cheap kronos in game.
    its a win win for agassi