Zerker Sustained

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Kalipto, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Zalamyr Augur

I don't have a horse in this race at all, but I found it super shady that he neglected to mention he was tanking many of the mobs until he was prodded about it. If a caster class is posting a parse where they were tanking any appreciable number of the mobs, it should be noted up front, as it will surely negatively impact their dps.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Maedhros High King

The shield aug drops from the Bokon named, you were at a different camp with far FAR fewer mobs.
    I am talking about the room all the way to the south, with the named that drops the 60ac aug and the huge room next to it with all the ghouls that the watcher spawns in.
  3. Behelit Augur

I find it odd period that he would use a combined parse where he's both tanking a decent bit and admittedly not using/receiving burn abilities to their fullest. It's pretty clear those numbers are no where close to a realistic representation of a raid geared Wizard with an Enchanter in group for adps.

So rather than finding it odd that Beimeith's numbers are that close to a boxed, alt Wizards... you find it impressive that Brohg is so close to Beimeith? Did the thought that Beimeith's numbers are well below what he's capable of ever cross your mind?

As for the Zerkers, all they really needed there is an Echo from the Bard that was supposedly mostly pulling away from camp. We all know that 90% of Bard adps for Zerkers comes from Aura/Aria/Echo of Maetanrus, the Bard could never hit FE/QT/Epic and the parses would not be noticeably different.

Dat AE tho, cause no Zerker is holding 300k for over 500sec on single target dps. If they are doing it single target, by all means introduce me to them so I can pick their brain. But I'm pretty sure that single target it would be impossible without the use of a bug.

4. sojero One hit wonder

Same zone, nothing special about those mobs either from what I have seen, fewer mobs wont change the parse over time, unless somehow your parser is collecting the dead time in between mobs.
  5. Arcainos Augur

This looks like Plane of Hate, no? perhaps fear?

I don't think this is a good event to use as an example, as wizards would have had a hard time getting casts off when mobs are dying so quickly.

Not surprised to see the zerker dps, especially if they were quick to target.
  6. Zalamyr Augur

I'm sure you're just spitballing those numbers, but they don't really match up with the parse you posted. That'd be over an hour worth of killing, given you said you weren't AEing, unless I'm missing something obvious.
    Arcainos likes this.
  7. Triconix Augur

Yes...you're missing the lack of logic it requires to accept arbitrary parses with numbers that don't match up. In other words, you have too much logic for these types of arguments ;)

Basic math works wonders. If 80 mobs died in under 10 seconds for example, that's about 800 seconds or about 13 minutes. The next 100 (nice round number) took between 30-40 seconds. That gives us a range of 3,000-4,000 seconds or 50 to 66.66 minutes. Add 13 + 55 OR 13 + 66 and we are left with a range of 63 to 79.66 minutes.

So now either he judged 36 minutes way way wrong or he's just talking out of his behind. The actual fighting of 36 minutes is accurate but the mob count and kill speed cannot be because to get that many kills in that time frame would require a person to average 12 seconds a kill for every single kill. Unless of course they didn't kill for 36 minutes straight and took huge breaks in between which could allow for burns to repop....multiple times over.

Yayyyy for inaccuracies!
  8. Leex Pewpewer

It was for Lady of Decay raid so AE's do happen occasionally ;)

I'd post the parse but we all know what happens when someone does that..Last time I posted my own personal parses mages were nerfed within 2 weeks soo..Send a ;tell Povar.Zflik

Ask him to see last nights lady of decay parse...I was pretty jelly, not even gonna lie..
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

We were in Decay.

Of course I was, it's not a scientific paper I'm writing, I just glanced at a few of the times. We weren't specifically AEing, but some pulls did have multiple mobs, that always screws things up a bit. You people are being intentionally obtuse if you think every mob was being killed a single at a time with 0 damage on one until the first was dead. There is always overlap when pulling multiples. Better fight time estimation is something thats on my list for GamParse 2, but no eta on that still.

Here's an example:

/GU A tsetse feeder in 36s, 3690k @102513sdps | Berserker 2132k@59210sdps (236839dps in 9s) [57.76%] | Berserker 903k@25071sdps (82051dps in 11s) [24.46%] | Wizard 623k@17313sdps (103878dps in 6s) [16.89%] | Cleric 19k@522sdps (9393dps in 2s) [0.51%] | Enchanter 14k@397sdps (596dps in 24s) [0.39%]

A 36s total engagement time, but the highest single person is 24s, and that's an enchanter. The highest actual melee class was 11s. How would you gauge the fight length? Was it 36? 24? 11? Other?
    Leex likes this.
  10. sojero One hit wonder

I dont want to step on your guy's pissing match because its amusing, but you are contradicting yourself.... a lot

Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Behelit like this.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You do understand that the parser starts calculating fight times when hostile actions are taken, right? So a mezzed mob can have an artificially inflated fight length. I didn't look at every single mob fight time for each individual, create a table, and average them out. I eyeballed a few of them and reported that. I even included an example how this can cause it to be skewed.

I think it's funny how much people are trying to nitpick irrelevant details as though it matters to the actual damage being dealt. Individual dps is calculated against individual fight times, so whether I'm wrong about the average fight length because I was too lazy to perform an in-depth analysis vs eyeballing it is not important, the actual damage output is.
  12. Pirlo Augur

Shots Fired!!
    [IMG]
    Leex likes this.
  13. Behelit Augur

I didnt think anyone would actually try to AE the adds in Anashti Decay, but thats pretty silly as its completely unnecessary and just parse padding. If he did it without AEing the adds thats another story but your being vague.

You were the one that implied all dmg was done single at a time when you specifically mentioned that the Bard was mezzing when multiples in camp (which also dismissed the possibility of AEs). Now you are saying otherwise that multiple mobs were engaged, and potentially AE's were used. Again something that throws things in favor of the Zerker.

As for the fight time, this is why you should only parse yourself. You can actually get accurate fight times for yourself when you aren't so overly concerned with what every one else is doing.
  14. Watajoke Journeyman

he used a bug that only works on that event due to another bug.
  15. Leex Pewpewer

LOL we don't AE the adds, christ that would take forever..
  16. shadowgod Augur

haha 300k over 500s. The lies in this thread are hilarious.

If you really want to claim that you don't understand why that's not possible given the length of zerker disc. The only way that even sounds accurate is the zerker padding his parse with furious rampage from adds that don't matter.

Also that 90k over 1100s that's not doable unless you can keep hitting rest after every few mobs. dichotomic rage is a huge endurance drain you cant sustain it over that long so no your fight was not non stop they obviously had time to hit rest between mobs in fact I'm calling bs on that parse or the facts of how it happen.
  17. Brohg Augur

That is exactly what's going on. That's precisely, verbatim, what was described and advised in the very beginning of this thread, explicitly. If someone that uses endurance ISN"T using their endurance-recovery button, then yeah, they're going to suck. Because that player sucks. Not because sucking is a class feature. If you don't hit your buttons you're bad at EverQuest.
    Leex likes this.
  18. Leex Pewpewer

GU Anashti Sul, Damsel of Decay in 659s, 1036279k @1572502 --- #1 Zerker pets 219539k@(336200 in 653s)

We do not allow AE's on our raid while adds are up..Just FYI..If you'd like to think I'm lying that's fine. :)

As for being vague I just don't play a zerker or know exactly what he does so I can't comment on that. I do know that if he was AEing while adds were up he wouldn't be coming to that raid, period.
  19. shadowgod Augur

You want to really claim he did 219m damage on a single target ?

You do realize that with that parse you're claiming one person did 15-20% total damage to a raid boss right ?
  20. Watajoke Journeyman

Its possible on that fight using a bug, bet he wont post the graph where the zerker's dmg skyrockets near the end of the fight.