FAQ eta?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, Dec 2, 2015.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

Kill trash, drop instance.

fully geared entire guild in 24hrs.

DZ lockouts only happen when you kill the boss not when you request the instance it has been like this forever. On live they have separate lockouts for each different type of trash in the new fear - they could do that here but they have never before that given you a lockout for killing trash in a DZ.

See Evantil Beam farming threads from 2 years ago.

I doubt they will lock you out the second you request the Dz that would give you 6 hours to beat the raid otherwise you're beat for a whole week? That's gonna make people furious.

So, yea, don't pop trash in the instance or it will be exploited. People will find a way.

You're the worst kind of idiot. I'm not even playing on that server - I don't care about the RMT there.

But hey let your ignorance run bliss - don't listen to the people who've been playing for the past decade who've seen just about every different way to exploit things.
    Agrippa likes this.
  2. Silv Augur

As you mentioned- they did it in the new Hate/Fear. They're not DZs either - they are tasks. And the mechanic works horribly btw... If you kill some of the trash, drop task, re-get (and have any lockouts) you either have an empty zone or the bosses are invulnerable. So yeah... 6 hours or you're done.

They also have the one-off mechanic they did with Arx. Once you engage you get the lockout and then if you have a total wipe you're done for the week.

So, I fully expect to see furious people because I'm sure they went out of their way to "minimize" DZ/task/instance sploits.
  3. AlmarsGuides Augur

I've heard of how annoying it can be. It's honestly best to just not leave the trash up imho, we've seen over the years how leaving trash up works in tasks/Dzs - over half the time it gets exploited and the other half the time it's generally just annoying having it there.

If ya leave trash up in an instance I am willing to bet someone figures out how to exploit it on the TLP.
    Silv and Agrippa like this.
  4. Silv Augur

To elaborate a little, the way they did it in new Fear / Hate:
    -Zone is divided into arbitrary areas.
    -Mobs within certain areas are tied to a lockout for that whole area
    -If you drop task and re-get, that whole set of mobs will be gone (even if you didn't kill them all)

...Now, that sounds like a super easy sploit right there but they made it so if you have too many of those down and get a new task the boss is now locked. So~ fun!

Honestly I hope they do have this in place and if not, I see it being implemented the moment guilds sploit it (which they will if it's possible).

Ironically in the new expansion Live Stream they were experimenting with "level scaling" for Hate/Fear (ie. the 75 instance is the same as 105 but mob power is appropriate). I wouldn't be surprised if this was just to work it out so they could plop it onto a new TLP for Lv 50 and have the lockout mechanism in place.
    Elkay likes this.
  5. Iyvy Augur

Just because you can conceive of the shittiest instance system ever when they haven't released any details on how the instancing works doesn't mean that they couldn't use a better system.

Just make it so once you pull up an instance you're locked to it and a 6.5 day timer starts. After 6.5 days you can pull up a new one. That simple. Didn't kill the boss in 6.5 days? Too bad it's gone, fresh instance. Started it on Monday and didn't actually kill anything until the following Sunday? That's fine clear it on Sunday and clear it again on Monday, and you're locked for 6.5 days. Is EQ seriously not up to date on basic instancing? Like this is child's play game design people...

Also they should really make a day of the week reset rather than a timer, Wow learned that like half way through BC, otherwise it with people with set time/days for raiding.
  6. Silv Augur

You should check the 12/02/15 Test Patch notes.

Edit: Here, I'll just make this easy:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/test-update-12-02-15.228751/
  7. AlmarsGuides Augur

We're figuring it works the same way instancing works in the rest of all of Everquest.

They're not going to suddenly randomly switch to making instances work like they do in WoW with weekly resets on a specific date

They haven't even updated their raid tool and have been telling us since SoD that "a new raid manager is in the works"

Do you really want them to experiment with something new on the DZs on phinny and potentially mess up the entire server? You probably read Silvs post. take that into consideration and then also take this into consideration....

I personally don't think you want them rolling the dice with phinny, do you?

Imagine what would happen if a bug like that got through and wasn't hotfixed immediately.

I'm not trying to be rude. It has nothing to do with me or RMT or anything. I don't care about Phinny at all and would actually relish in watching the server fail after how people whom are going to the server continue to treat me.

Yall need to calm down and just listen though.
  8. MBear Augur

You playing the same game the rest of us are?

6.5 day is quite nice for peoples time/days for raiding. No real benefit I can see to using anything else if you want a weekly schedule.
  9. Dranix Augur

Im trying to imagine.. but im failing to see how game breaking clearing trash and minis repeatedly would be. Whats the worst case senario? People are fully planes geared and some big ticket items are more prevalent/easier to get? As long as people are still working for those items I dont see the big deal.

Its takes like 2-3 days to planes gear a toon just killing stuff with a group unless you're very unlucky. I dont see the big deal if there are more epic pieces and AoNs floating around.. I think MiM had 50+ epics in the first 2 weeks of kunark anyway :p

Also, you seem to have a vested interest in this iteration of tlp not doing well considering your stance on anyone who doesn't agree with your play style. Not a jab just point that out.
  10. Raynard Augur

2.5 day lockout for getting the instance. Test isn't up yet to check, but I assume the lockout you get from killing trash is 2.5 days as well. I doubt they'd let something silly by like being able to join, loot, and drop to avoid lockout, but we'll see.
  11. ShaggyGrant Journeyman

From the test patch notes it's looking like a 2.5 day lockout on requesting the instance and 6.5 day if bosses are killed, hard to tell if trash will be tied to the 2.5 day timer or the boss timer but it's saying all trash gets tied to 1 lockout where subsequent tries at the bosses reward no loot on trash but the trash will be spawned the next time you attempt it so you have to clear it again if you fail (at least that's how I'm reading it). Lockout timer for each boss but it doesn't really mention things like minis being considered bosses or trash, also the wording makes it sound like if you kill any boss in the instance you cannot attempt it again for 6.5 days even if you don't kill all the bosses. It also looks like naggy/vox/phinny/hate/sky/fear/yael are instanced, npcs are there in Lavastorm, Cauldron, Everfrost, Paineel, Feerrott, South Ro, and East Freeport (hate=sro? sky=efp?) to give you the instance.

Edit: The wording could also mean the lockout goes from 2.5 days on requesting the instance to 6.5 only if the final boss is killed. In this case the zone could be completely respawned with trash/minis/everything else in your way to the boss every attempt but none of it would give loot until the full 6.5 days is up. This could result in some weird raid lockouts where if you beat everything except the main boss on Monday night, main boss Thursday, all the trash/minis will have loot again Monday but you would need to wait until Thursday again to kill the main boss.
  12. Whales Aren't Orange Lorekeeper

I'm shocked at this news. It's what I wanted. Everything I wanted. No mess. No fuss. Just "Be here Monday at 7pm for our Plane of Fear raid that nobody can you out of."

I don't know what else to say.
    Elkay, Drexll and Vaclav like this.
  13. Dranix Augur

This is how I interpreted it as well. We'll see. The wording is a tad ambiguous.
  14. Raynard Augur

You need at least 6, less than 72 to get instance. That's gonna make it annoying to test with the true box code on...
  15. AlmarsGuides Augur

extended range 3 focuses in fear (rare, but can happen)
    Dracoliche would most likely pop in every DZ making the girdle farmable, it was going for 30 kronos + on ragefire/LJ first few months
    Hate Diamonds/Gems/Gear

Ultimately it wouldn't be a big deal to most people, but a lot of people would think it's the end of the world and their server is ruined forever.

I understand half of what you said here. I did tell you why I had vested interested in the TLPs this time around. Whether or not other people are on my server/agree with my playstyle makes absolutely no difference to me

Only time I am bothered by people not agreeing with my play style is when I am harassed in game about it. And for that reason I would much rather play on a dead server than one with people.

maybe it's my giveaway that you think implies I am worried about the health of the server. Truthfully if they're leaving for phinny my giveaway isn't going to make them stay. They're gonna log on, get their prize, sell it, buy kronos and go back to phinny
  16. Finley Augur

Who even cares if someone chain spawns expeditions to farm trash gear? Each expansion is only 90 days till that junk is obsolete. If someone wants to spend the first 24 hours of every expansion doing mind numbingly boring trash farms they should be allowed to do that. It doesn't affect anyone else.
    Elkay and Drexll like this.
  17. MBear Augur

Lots of people care. Unless the stuff in the instances is no drop that would have quite an effect on the economy.
    Elkay likes this.
  18. AlmarsGuides Augur

i am tempted to save this post to link it in the first thread someone created on Phinigel about how a guild on the server geared out the entire guild in 2 days and how that isn't an "authentic Everquest experience"

We all know how silly it is right now to even think anything about the TLPs is authentic.

But you can't deny that someone somewhere will be by it. It just wouldn't be an MMORPG without someone getting upset about something that really doesn't matter at all.

Defiant gear is a perfect example. The addition of Defiant gear helps close the gap between the part of EQ that doesn't matter anymore 1 - 85 and the part of EQ that does matter 85+.

Some people hate Defiant gear because they have absolutely no idea how much of a boon it is for helping people get to the part of EQ that is "current"
  19. Finley Augur

Right, there will be people who complain about everything. But the regular joe on this server shouldn't be complaining about what other people are up to. If inflated number of loot drops will irk you, play on Ragefire or Lockjaw!
    Drexll likes this.
  20. AlmarsGuides Augur

Phinigel was created primarily because people complained so much about boxers/everything Daybreak was like you know what? Fine. Have your own darn server.

To think they won't complain there is putting a lot of faith in humanity