FAQ eta?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Grish Augur

My understanding is that you cannot memblur any bosses with the buff on them.
  2. Delphwind Augur

I am ready for the special early release announcement ...
  3. AlmarsGuides Augur

You can memblur master yael atm to the best of my knowledge. At least when a boxer was killing it he was freaking out that someone was membluring his mob. Whether or not he was tripping I honestly do not know.
  4. Tudadar Augur

You cant memblur hate mini's. Lots of people sure have tried at the low %s on these servers.

Anyways questions about iboxer or key replication are very frequently asked... prolly the most asked question... needs to be in FAQ.. just sayin.
  5. Iyvy Augur

In classic? memblur? Do you play an enchanter Almar? lol. Memblur has a like 20% success rate, and if you fail the first time it can never work. The best way to memblur is to use mez swapping, but that only works up to level 55. Membluring a raid boss or a mini, hell memblurring anything in hate is an extremely dubious proposition
  6. AlmarsGuides Augur

They used to do it before mark of the old ways on raids, I admitted I do not know much about it - what I know is entirely word of mouth and we all know how unreliable listening to other players is. I don't grief others so I never experimented with it at all.

But it didn't go unnoticed that's the part of my post you picked out ;)

Point is, no reason to be a D and throw things in peoples face when you find out that you could have been right. It's rude - maybe this type of behaviour is acceptable where you come from but it's not welcome here. You seem to carry around this aura of hostility with you where ever you go and it's unwarranted and frankly unhealthy.
  7. Silv Augur

Um, what? Yeah the % to blur is low but where is this other craziness coming from?
    Tronk likes this.
  8. Iyvy Augur

Not sure how I was being a "D". I was right. I said I was right. That's literally all I said it wasn't a "burn" or a diss. I was and remain correct on that one specific issue, I said so in one sentence politely. Stating you are correct is not rude or being a "D".

This is what I said:

"Looks like it'll be full trash spawns with an instant 2.5 day lock out. So yeah, looks like I was right, easily preventable from being abused"

How is that rude? Also the thing I was right about, you said to me:

"You're the worst kind of idiot."

Now that is hostile. Perhaps it is you who is being immature? Anyway,as to memblur, you can memblur raid mobs with mez, you can't snap memblur aggro if pets transfer aggro, utterly totally unreliable on anything unmezzable, so no no one will be charm swarm tanking pets if the boss randomly aggros a charm owner, memblur is so bad on even low level mobs like fear trash or even stuff in guk that I just spam mez back and forth to memblur, it's far more likely to be succesful. Even if you can memblur a golem or a raidboss which would beyond surprise me it would only be via multiple Enchanters spamming memblur to try and clear aggro tables entirely, then pets will regain aggro immediately and throw it to the pet owner if there is no tank, so it won't work. You might be able to KS a boss with it if like 5 or 6 Enchanters just spammed memblur after their wizards blew their load say, then your own dps race the raidgroup who got the headstart, but not as a tanking method.

In my experience memblur works best if it works the first time. The first memblur has a way higher chance than all following memblurs. If you try memblur,on like even a regular mob like say a mezzed frog, you might have a decent chance of it working, like say 50% since it's a blue mob, but if it fails you will then have a very low chance, and may end up spamming it dozens of times and never membluring it. The better way to memblur is to use mezmerize (your cheapest mez) and if that doesn't work enthral, then mezmerize, and repeat. Every mez spell has a decent memblur chance, but again if you spam one mez spell after the first time it will almost never memblur, if you spam back and forth you can usually get it in 1-3 mezzes. That's what I do when I dual boxed on my Enchanter.
  9. Tudadar Augur

Reocurring amnesia is in game has four chances to work @ 25% per
  10. Silv Augur

TLP must have some magical mem blur code (aside from the raid mob thing) then since that is not how it has worked. Ever. I thought maybe I missed something :confused: I'd imagine you're having bad rolls with resists and the way %-based chances work.

That spell has been broken forever :D I can't remember if it ever got fixed.
  11. Iyvy Augur

As far as I can tell recurring amnesia does not work at all. At least not as a memblur, it may lower **all** threat, but I was never able to memblur with it ever.

I do a ton of memblurring since I dungeon crawl with only two toons and do a lot of invising where I want to go, popping out and membluring. I memblur instead of killing when I can manage which is usually if I have no need to kill something. Having done a ton of memblur mez swapping was the easiest way, not the least of which because it has no cd and is a faster load. It's all sorta moot since you can just mez yourself as a break but I didn't know that originally, plus that is not always possible.
  12. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

This is all anecdotal evidence and you're pulling numbers out of your based on your personal experience. I'm not very familiar with the memblur mechanic and i'm not trying to say you're wrong but please at least refrain from giving % numbers and false statistics because "that one time in that dungeon".
  13. Tudadar Augur

Reocurring amnesia worked for me both times i used it in the last few weeks. The second tick on each blurred the mob and it became non aggro.
  14. Ambee Elder

You were acting like you were so much smarter than DBG and that you were able to outsmart it so easily by yourself. So you really had it coming for someone to call you out for not having any idea what you're talking about.

In the future, try and be smarter and then you won't have to qq about it for multiple pages.
  15. AlmarsGuides Augur

One part of a two part hypothesis was flawed.

I'm sorry, you're right. I will stop trying to find loopholes for the Phinigel server and let any exploits/ways to abuse the system be discovered after they already become a problem.
  16. Iyvy Augur

The numbers were made up and were clearly made up. I was using them to give a relative idea not saying they were the actual formulas. You have poor reading comprehension if you read otherwise. I was only trying to convey the qualitative description, my understanding of memblur mechanics developed from hundreds of memblur attempts that lead me to my current way of doing it. It was not "one time in a dungeon".
  17. Iyvy Augur

I think the problem is you accused me of being a "D" whatever that means while you were the one being smug and condescending, on top of being mistaken. Obviously there are possible exploits, that may get past DB but the question was about how they will do it and whether it will be doable in an unexploitable way. It appears that they will do it the way I suggested, in a relatively unexploitable way. You then moved the goal posts to how people will use charm swarming to down bosses, which is totally unrelated (and was already theoretically doable on RF/LJ if it was doable so it was moot).

We can have mature discourse where we point out one another's mistakes and flaws without being rude. Disagreeing is not being rude, and you do not need to be rude to those who disagree. More importantly we are all capable of being wrong, myself included, you should not be so insulted when it occurs.
  18. AlmarsGuides Augur

yea