FAQ eta?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Finley Augur

"an effect" on the economy is really vague. What effect? People will be able to buy Cloak of Flames for less than an arm and a leg? Blue Diamonds will be closer to the vendor value on Phinny than on Ragefire/Lockjaw? Is any of this negative or positive?
  2. AlmarsGuides Augur

Phinigel was created primarily because people complained so much about boxers/everything Daybreak was like you know what? Fine. Have your own darn server.

To think they won't complain there is putting a lot of faith in humanity
  3. FurySoul Augur

Easy fix:

Make all Raid Target/Lockout containing targets, zones, spawn adds that have no loot and give no exp (or reduced exp).

You get 100% of the nostalgia and 0 exploit-ability.

And if they want to add epic raid targets to instances, they can do the same thing to those zones.
  4. Works Elder

To be totally fair I don't really think Daybreak cares how much people complain or what they complain about. They care whether or not addressing those complaints results in an improved revenue stream. I really think that if boxers mixing with single-box mains was more lucrative they would have left well enough alone.

I also think they're counting on X number of re-subs for reasons that may not have anything to do with boxing. I don't care about boxers much myself, for instance. Some people really just like the idea of a more convenient EQ, which to me personally is what Phinny is all about. 16 years in I don't think it's unreasonable to give it a shot.
    Jadefox likes this.
  5. Kartas New Member

Everyone seems to be missing the bigger picture here. Let's forget raid instancing for the moment.
    FFA on RF/LJ (which will also be on phinny) has a 3 hour trash respawn and EVERY ffa instance in a normal /pick has the minibosses. Now add the guild "raid" instance. So they can just go play with themselves and not be bothered ? So they can have no influence on the number of FFA /picks available ? So they can have longer respawn times ?

Lets remember a "raid force" of 35 toons can easily spawn a FULLY popped instance of Hate and fear minus the big bad boss.

In short there is no logical reason for this to be what gets peoples panties in a twist.

I am concerned, tho only slightly about key pieces such as VP and EPIC ground loot. I'm fine waiting at a keyboard for 24 hours on a mob, heck I camped 72 hours straight for a cowl in lguk back in the day and never saw it drop once. But this isn't "back in the day." My personal reason for moving to Phinny is to have a supported DBG Server, and work with a guild of friends to accomplish what we can in 90 days baring the typical c***blocking that I barely had time for 15 years ago. I would like to See VP, and ToV in era with correct gear. I shouldn't need to go to a private server for that. In the old days SoE put in these time sinks to increase subscription time, and because we were about 1 year between expansions (legitimate LoY is not a "raid" xpac) the time sink was what kept players active.

@Almar Yes there is hate from the player community and you seem to have become the face and voice of the boxers. Not sure why but it happened. People aren't hating on the boxers because they destroy the economy. People aren't flocking to phinny because OMG the mage boxer won't be there, they will be but in a reduced fashion.

At 2am on a Saturday I should atleast have a chance of camping a Heirophant Cloak in Old Seb. Find a group and go. Oh it's camped .... by an AFK 6 bot Mage setup. That gets people upset. There is no person even behind the keyboard, just a macro response to "CC" in ooc. Atleast if it was an active group there I have a chance to get in.... they need to sleep sometime, in the old days we kept lists of people wanting in the group, when people needed replacing we took the longest wait time.

When AFK botting is prevalent on RF/LJ it is a problem. The mage boxers have no choice to do it because they have to finance the boxes with krono. And the people are forced to buy Krono to get the item because the mage boxers have the loot on lock down. ( And lets not forget Krono = Real Money on both ends because of the grey market for it.)

This is why people are upset ... they see the self licking ice cream cone caused by the boxers and the hell it has brought to just a normal grouping environment.

People should single / dual box if they want on phinny per the guidelines established. Locking down a spawn and being AFK ... we all need to be better. Making people pay 30 to 40 Krono for their epic causes a lot of hate (Dragonscales, books, etc).

TL;DR
    Raid Instancing with trash repop has ZERO effect when the FFA is /pick and full respawn
    @Almar ... the hate is strong because of the situation that is caused by over camping and AFK.
    Drexll and FurySoul like this.
  6. Kartas New Member

The unfortunate truth is Krono is actually the evil. Its a great idea in the marketing room, its a great idea on the surface. Heck its even well implemented. But when you give players a way to "cash out" people will find a way to "cash in." If DBG wants 18 a month from me .. fine bump the subscription rate. I have yet to see a game with an item that is trade-able for game time paid for by another player work to anyone's benefit beside those cashing in on the grey market. Its just the economic facts of the situation.

We will never get rid of the real monster. All the players are asking for on Phinny is for it to be less impact to those of us ready willing and geared for the fight, but don't have a 50 box army on the bat phone. Most people want to earn their gear, some would rather pay krono for other peoples time farming whatever for them. When people never have even a slightly "fair" shot at attempting a raid kill required for their new shinny because the box army is there .... hate and disgust is all that brews.

Yes people will complain ... that is human nature and #first-world-problems. But lets try to stem the tide of the bleeding of the community for the great game that this actually is.
    Drexll likes this.
  7. AlmarsGuides Augur

I think what it boils down to is this is the EQ I have been playing for the last 6 - 8 years. I'm used to it, everyone on live is used to it.

Then a large influx of people return to EQ and start spouting about how things should be and we're all wrong and pathetic and people like me disgust them and are the reason the game is dieing/dead.

It's like some noob coming into your guild and before they even pass their applicant stage they start telling officers/guild leaders how to run the guild and all the different "flaws" that they notice.

I get it, they want a different EQ than the one we're all accustomed too. The EQ that died off long ago because it isn't viable in today's market. I'm all for resurrecting it and giving it a whirl, I am definitely going to be watching from afar, take notes and am very interested to see what expansion phinny dies at.

Wanting to experience the old EQ that died long ago is understandable. It's the vocal minority that have the audacity to tell people who have kept this game alive for the last decade they're wrong and they're scum are whom I have beef with.

It's a double edged sword. Without people like me you wouldn't even have an EQ to play right now. But without people like you guys in two years maybe I wouldn't have had an EQ to play anymore.

We need each other, I would be ok if we could all just be friends and hold hands and skip through the field together.

Also an interesting note, afk botting isn't so prevalent on live as it is on the TLPs. I have no idea how these people get away with botting when I have never ever ever ever ever seen a bot group on FV. Maybe farming HAs or something but I have never seen an afk bot group camping an aug or a named in live EVER. I am completely befuddled that people bump into them so commonly on TLPs
    MBear likes this.
  8. Works Elder

Okay. I like skipping. But how much is this gonna cost me?

I kid, I kid.
  9. Warlain Lorekeeper

Since the whole mess will be fairly irrelevant in 90 days with the exception of a couple things people want to have from VP. we all know the bottlenecks will be the camped spa was as well as the ground spawns to some extent by not make all those headaches go away by:

Make the ground spawns 15 second respawns
    Make the group camps , AJ, Verix, Bloodgill, PS! drop just several medallions , 10-20 whatever, or just increase there spawn rates by a crapton.

Personally I don't mind skipping vp but with changes to this is makes vp accessible just as easily as all other raids any guild can simply instance before no one cares, not to mention it will virtually eliminate most of the drama surrounding these camps and still make everyone go though the keying pocess. Just a suggestion but since this server seems to cater to more casual players would be a viable solution
  10. FurySoul Augur

you had me on youre first post and then you throw a curve ball...

Kronos are not and never will be the problem. People will always find a way to rmt (easy or hard).
    There are many problems in EQ but the primary one is just the kind of players the game mechanics breed. It's easy to block people and strong arm them.
  11. Tudadar Augur

What is against the rules on the new server and will lead to suspension/ban? at least m2 for once i hope. Try to say several things so people actually know what to report and dont waste guide time on uneeded / wrong reporting. Guides work for free and there arent as many as needed on a brand new server so I hope people are told what to look out for.

Minimum people needed to do raid tasks?

What isnt being instanced in classic?

Expanded guide program to deal with scrubs training/cheating? This is free

Can people be logged onto two servers at once on one computer? Aka ragefire/lockjaw and phinny at the same time on two different accounts? If this is not the case you will hurt the population of ragefire/lockjaw a good amount more then it would be otherwise. Seems weird to prevent someone from using content they paid for that doesnt make a difference in the big picture of the new server.

Is two servers at the start a possibility with a merge a few months in? The worst thing is having paid customers looking forward to a server not allowed to log in or in several hour que's. On the other hand progression servers can barely populate three servers let alone four. I think it was a mistake doing this new prog before June but its too late now. Or is there something in place that can handle ragefire + lockjaw early population combined the first week? Please be prepared.
  12. Krek Elder

Will transfers be allowed at any time in the future from LJ and RF to Phinny?
  13. Warriorgod Journeyman

How will instancing work for VT, will we have to clear tons of mobs with very high AC and HP every week in the new instance? Will the HP/AC be lowered in instance version?

Without mages to CoH people around VT will be a pain to get through if each week we have to spend 2-3 hours clearing trash to get to first bosses.
  14. Silv Augur

You mean you actually have to work to get to your loot pinatas?! /gasp Why in the world would you expect the instanced version to be easier?

Not sure how you think there won't be mages. Here is how you do it: You have two accounts. Level up a mage on a second account and during your first VT clear plant them at Blob 1, DXXT, whatever. Log in Mage. COTH raid including actual main mage. Log out mage. Log in main account. Get COTH. You don't even have to have two computers; just two different accounts. You don't need your Mage + Main online at the same time for this unless your guild has 0 real Mages which we all know is never going to happen
    Tronk likes this.
  15. Cainen Augur

Warriorgod I think thats the point. You get the whole instance, if it takes your guild 7 hours to clear trash then it takes 7 hours. If it takes a guild 2 hours then it takes 2 hours. I dont remember ever COHing around VT the first time I did it, we cleared everything. Once we got it down it took less then 5 hours a full clear and this was back in Original Luclin, I am sure i can be faster now.

They have already said mobs HPs and AC will be the same in instances vs open world so I would expect VT to be the same.
  16. Silv Augur

Since it's common knowledge how to do it now I wouldn't be surprised if guilds just skipped directly to KTXAHR x2 and VXAHR the moment VT is live and left the rest of the zone up lol... like 15 trash mobs and 12-15 loots for 30 minutes work?
  17. MBear Augur

Maybe I don't understand...How do you camp a mag in an instance and log it back in later without hailing the instance guy to get zoned in?
    Wouldn't you just log back in back in at the instance NPC?
    Tronk and Silv like this.
  18. Silv Augur

Oops sorry. You are totally right. I was getting instance issues confused with 1 account per computer issues. I totally guarantee then that guilds will be sploiting the geometry to skip to the second floor in instances.
  19. taliefer Augur

is there any chance of not starting the countdown until the expansion is beaten?

it wont add much time in most of the early expansions, but making that change will solve any problems from expansions further down the line. its not just underfoot really, SoF took some time to beat as well due to the way progression works.
  20. Warriorgod Journeyman

Aye this was my concern, the purpose of the mobs in the first place was to cause a barrier to the raid mobs, so one guild had a harder time of just rushing in and killing all the targets. With raid instances this is not an issue. And some guilds (casual guilds) may find it pretty hard to get through the trash in a timely matter. 7 hours to clear trash for the first boss is 2 full raid nights and into our possibly 3rd raid night.

I am not saying remove them all completely, but it would be nice to see instanced version with a bit less HP/AC on the trash mobs, keep the raid mobs where they are.
    Tronk likes this.