FAQ eta?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, Dec 2, 2015.

1. ShaggyGrant Journeyman

I'm not sure exactly what their plan is for this but a good way to work around this would be if instanced trak only dropped 1 tooth. However only your raid leader (or whoever feels like camping the VP key) needs to have the key finished to request the instanced version of VP. Normal VP however would still require everyone to be keyed. This would greatly reduce the number of people going for the VP keys as only the people in the open world guilds and 1-2 people per instanced scheduled guild would need the key.
  2. Krek Elder

No, but they need to reduce the spawn times of Pained Soul, the guy in KC, etc. My guild camped KC for 9 hours and only got 3 pops.
  3. Qelyn Augur

Ancient Jarsath still gives me flashbacks. :(
    Alphont likes this.
  4. Dersk Elder

I know a guy who has, so far, planned to ignore Phinigal because he a) refuses to redo his mage epic and b) refuses to camp the VP key again
  5. Krek Elder

Goes to show we definitely need the 90 days to start after content is defeated.
  6. Qelyn Augur

Goes to show we definitely need the 90 days to start at the open of the expansion. The sooner we get out of Kunark, the better. VP key is miserable, the gear is mostly replaced in Velious, and the overall expansion is just a speed bump on the way to the good stuff.
  7. Banai Augur

Or simply need the 'keys' to be flag based rather than drop/quest. That way you kill the mobs you need to and all involved with it get the credit for flag. Simple, easy, and can get an entire raid done at once if need be
  8. MBear Augur

I love the imagery of an entire raid sitting around the ground spawn waiting, present and accounted for, so that once it is looted they all get "ground spawn X" flagged and are one step closer to their VP key!
  9. Banai Augur

Would you rather have all what 9 guilds sitting around that same spawn for 2 weeks? At least the flag route gets people out faster. This server is going to be packed with people looking for this stuff and the second they get it will never return. Not much of a point to time lock it with 90 day unlocks
  10. Krek Elder

Or simply have 90 after content is defeated, and lets be done with this discussion. Instances will take care of the other issues. This would solve quite a few headaches down the road that can be easily fixed now.
  11. Banai Augur

Which is what the majority don't want. So yea pipe dreams. Sorry. People would take the unlocks without content done before reverting to this
  12. Kearstin Elder

according to the posted information and prior progression servers it's 1267 days away from today or roughly 3.5 years, trakanon drops more keys so quite possibly fippy will as well

the issue is once you give devs the idea that a server vote might be a good idea you end up with ghost towns because they can't even handle asking basic questions and the popularity of the "winning vote" on ragefire is readily apparent by a mass exodus

just say no to polls like nancy told you to or long before 3.25 years or so from now when the uf poll would go up they would have posted other polls and the server will instead have a mass exodus after the devs combine 3 of the 7 answers from the 2016 poll and say the people have spoken it's 180 days for pop, then 180 days for loy and then 180 days for ldon
  13. Whales Aren't Orange Lorekeeper

I'm glad I played a rogue 15 years ago when Epics mattered. Sorry for anybody that had to actually put in any work to get one.:cool:

Also keying systems in the year of our lord twenty fifteen is pretty garbage and should be eliminated, especially if all this content is going to be instanced.

I'll be honestly surprised if the instanced content even stretches past a few high profile mobs up to the Velious days. How are zones like Kael going to work where you have common zone mechanics mixed with raid targets? Sleepers Tomb? Will we all get a forever supply of primal and gnome masks?

I'd love to see zones like this be personal instanced. If I could play on this server for several years and go "Man you know what I'd like to try and farm, a Flayed Barbarian Skin Mask" I could get some dudes together and farm it each week without fear of having to wake up at 3am in the morning and hope I'm ahead of TeamKrono. Maybe, just maybe with targets being more open and available there would be a lot more floating around and I could pick stuff up with plat. I would like to know what it's like to wear a cloak of flames without having to put a small down payment for a house on one.

Does all of this sound entitled? Probably. But I don't care. That's just what I'd like to see.
  14. Ecksesive Journeyman

How many players will be max count for instancing raids?

Will we be able to replace players or add more after instance is locked to a raid?

Will trash mobs and rares respawn in raid locked instance zones like nagafen's lair?

Can only guild members join an instance or is it based off who is in a raid group at the time?
    Ruez, Aetherfox, Khaler and 3 others like this.
  15. Iyvy Augur

What?

You are locked to an instance for 6 days once it spawns. You can only fully pop the trash every 6 days, and no one else can come in and help if they wanna do CT/whatever. How would leaving the trash up be bad? Just have it be once killed and it doesn't respawn. Part of raiding is clearing fear and hate.

You just don't want things like slimebloods/whatever to be devalued cause god forbid some necro get his epic without paying the 20 krono RMT tax.

As to my own question for Roshen:

1) Will the key quests/attunements be addressed? If every guild can do VP because everyone gets their own Trak the limiting factor is QUICKLY going to become Jarseth in FV. If that is not addressed it will create a massive bottleneck for hundreds of players.
  16. MBear Augur

Yeah, you're right that is even better imagery.
    Unfortunately I am not much of an artist or I would be able to make stick men and show how they are living in filth at an overpoplutated camp. Tents set up, latrines overflowing. Men fighting each other with short tempers over non-important issues. Living on whatever rations they can forage because they can't get to town to buy food and lose their chance at the flag.
  17. Iyvy Augur

Antrana?
  18. Haeldar New Member

No.
  19. -wycca Augur

Several starting race/class combos have broken starting note turn-ins. Off the top of my head, gnome sk and halfling rogue gm's are missing on the server. I'm sure there are others.

Additionally, the evil gnomes cannot use the gnome parcel npc due to him being dubious.

To the best of my knowledge, there is only a single city with a bank who also lacks a parcel merchant (Surefall doesn't have a bank), and that is Paineel. Can a parcel merchant be added to one of the guards?

Can we get these minor things fixed pre-launch?
    Starr likes this.
  20. Vaclav Augur

SFG has a bank and parcel merchant last I logged onto LJ. (It was the one I used primarily)
    Jadefox likes this.