FAQ eta?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Vaclav Augur

I'd not necessarily put the cart before the horse here - remember player DPS is astronomically higher per player since then.

7 hrs in Luclin era is quite possibly 2-3 hrs now.
    MBear likes this.
  2. Cainen Augur

Also with instances there isnt a rush to complete them so others can. If it takes your guild 7 hours that only effects your guild. You dont need to clear everything in a day or loose it, you have time now which is the great part about instances. I also agree with Vaclav, just due to powercreep the clears will be faster.

I am one of those weird people who LOVED VT. I love the crazy 12 mob pulls and the challenging trash mobs, forcing everyone to really be on top of their game. I hope they dont make it any easier, its supposed to be challenging, its the final tier for that expansion, if you cant kill it in a timely manner go farm previous content for gear/paragons till you can.
  3. Tronk Augur

It depends on the instances and how they work. On Test they talk about 2.5 day and 6.5 day lockouts depending on which named you take out (if any).

Maybe guilds need to keep an instance alive once they take it, and if they lose the instance (ie server crash) are they starting over plus a 2.5 day lockout?
  4. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

You also might want to consider that once your guild steps foot into VT there really isn't much else to raid aside from Emperor/Creator. Most semi casual / casual guilds seem to be advertising 3 raid nights a week. I don't see Emp/Creator taking more than 2 hours, so is it really bad that VT takes the rest of your raid nights?
  5. Warriorgod Journeyman

I am sure my guild will still be raiding Vellious well into Luclin just more of a wonder on how much time we will have to devote to VT clears lol :p
  6. Detheb Augur

I mean... AL, HP.. Cursed Cycle is probably more important than 3/4 of VT.
    Then you still have Seru, and all of Akheva.

Still PLENTY to raid in Luclin, even if you down VT in one night, and can always go back and do NToV. HoT gear is still BIS until Mid-PoP.
  7. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

You're probably right. I have not raided VT in years. I only remember we did a ton of VT and little else.
  8. Vaclav Augur

Not much in Velious has much value come Luclin - NToV, the occasional Dozekar maybe, the Kings. That's like 1 full night of raiding assuming no MotM buff in Velious+ (if it's used in Velious+ they've got to be careful for sure)
  9. Detheb Augur

Except we're on 3 month timers, so expecting a raid to be fully VT geared before PoP isn't realistic. NToV and Kael are both still prime targets. That ring from AoW is ridiculously good, so is the earring from Vulak ^_^
  10. Vaclav Augur

Errr yea, big whoops on skipping AoW. And it really depends - for the guilds going hard, they've got 1.25-1.5 day repops so they'll be fully geared. Not that "full VT" is a requirement to do well in PoP.
  11. Weverley Augur

Daybreak said about the mitigation buff that it would get smaller and smaller as expansion unlock so i wouldn't think it's gonna have much of an effect by the time Luclin launch but we never know they might change their opinion on this later on.
  12. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Assuming they keep the current spawn timers for velious. I'm pretty sure the hard core guilds are going to be decked out with those after 3 months of it. That leaves them open for the casual people. It's pretty much all a guessing game at that point I guess. As i'm writing this I'm realizing we have no way of knowing who's going to be raiding what come Luclin. Fact of the matter is I don't think it's a big deal if you have to clear trash in the instanced version of VT and I don't think it'll slow down even the casuals by THAT much.
  13. Detheb Augur

VP was not a 1 day respawn. 2-4 days i believe. Not all mobs respawns are made equal under the new buff sir.
  14. Vaclav Augur

Ah people bothered testing VT repop on Fippy? I'd assumed it was all universal.
  15. Silv Augur

I'll feel bad for the top raiding guilds on Phinny if the respawn in static VT is 1 - 2 days lol... although if that happens you're going to have an angry mob from Live whining that it should be applied there too :p
  16. Kartas New Member

@Almar You have a good point. I left EQ at PoP because I didn't have the raid time to get into the top 2 guilds on my server and the lower guilds could not get flagged due to the camping from the first 2 on the entry flag bosses. I am thankful that EQ has lasted this long and it is due to people like you that we have a chance to come back to a great game, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

The current set of expansions seems to have gone very instanced since LoDN or at the least less flagging then PoP had. I could be wrong here please fill me in.

In Classic/Kunark/Velious once your guild had what it needed it moved on typically. Your guild stayed at level 52 just to get the epic drops from Naggy and Vox then once they had what they needed moved on. A good number of people didn't even hit 60 until Velious came out. The dynamics changed and now people will hit 50 within 5 days of Phiny release. Once they have what they need there is a new dynamic and reason to keep farming the bosses ... sell for Krono. It was difficult in the old days to justify to 50+ people that we would need to camp naggy for 7 more spawns just for Cloaks of Flame to Sell, but now on TLP it is just a few mage boxers that can keep him on lockdown. This is the center of the issue that hopefully will be resolved.

It's also disheartening to watch 175 mage boxes put down Trakanon within 3 hours of Kunark release. Yes that happened on LJ. Now I don't need to care what they do, and I can help my guildmates with there Epics, and uber loot without trying to have a text parser on my log looking for System wide messages on what may have been killed when.

Classic and such wasn't designed for the current RMT environment ... it's why it is exploitable on current TLPs. Phinny will hopefully resolve most of it with instancing. Krono is fine once we get closer to when the expantion it came out with was actually designed to hold it and not have a few boxers destroy opportunity for others. There is one kind of disgruntled because the top guild has a batphone and technically can still use the loot. Its quite another to know that the only reason Naggy was killed by the boxers was to sell it all to the highest bidder and deny a good time to a real guild with people willing to work for the kill.

I'm looking forward to Phinny ... Lets see how it all plays out.
  17. Iyvy Augur

Looks like it'll be full trash spawns with an instant 2.5 day lock out. So yeah, looks like I was right, easily preventable from being abused.
  18. MBear Augur

Has there been a mention of a timeout on the instance? Does it persist for an hour, a day, a week, a month?
    Do all 6 people (minimum) have to stay in it it keep it up or can you open an instance then come back the next day and farm it with 4 of the original people?
  19. derpinscotch Elder

Burn
  20. AlmarsGuides Augur

Since you were so eager to throw it in my face.

Fully popped instance means charmable mobs which means you can pet wall down bosses with charm. (but what about pet agro changes almar?) Memblur to reset agro too

That means even with the new nerfs to mage/necro pets boxers can still pet wall down a boss with charmed pets in a fully popped instance.

A way to abuse it with only about 5 hours of thought involved.