Instance Raids..Please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Moonii, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Cylense New Member

I completely agree and further more all they will need to do is analyze current in game stats for what guilds are getting the most kills. On Lockjaw its literally laughable how many mobs FI is downing on a daily basis. Anyone with a brain knows this is not conducive to keeping your player base around.

I also really dont understand how people can act as though a rotation is any different then an instance. It simply is not, its a lazy way to instance stuff without any programming being done. You still get your special day to kill your special mob without anyone else interrupting. Essentially the servers had a really crappy way of instancing for the last couple of months.
    Dojii, Jaxarale01, Zurd and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jaxarale01 Augur

QFT.
  3. Mwapo Augur

The server should have launched with the trilogy. We'd be in a much better situation all around now. Classic and kunark were small because the game was just getting onto its feet and then it exploded giving way to resources to build a much larger and more in depth world. Classic wasn't designed around thousands of players. They didn't even know what the game was going to be like then. Velious was the first expansion to have a good grasp on where the game needed to be contentwise and both servers are feeling that grasp right now. Once velious opens, I think a lot of people will be amazed at how much fun they are having without worrying about what other people are doing. Everyone that wants to kill a raid target will get the opportunity and there will occasionally still be dps races and mobilization races for high priority targets. Velious is where EQ begins.
  4. Dojii Augur

I like a lot about the TLP concept. But things like weakening the barriers with broken mechanics (mage armies) is a perfect example of how this "competitive" environment is a sham. How do we know it's a broken mechanic? Look at the mage nerfs. Some dude brought like 30 boxes to a VS "dps race".

Let's be honest it would have only taken a few more days to weaken the barriers with just some legit grinding. So I'm not saying we should still be in classic, but this concept of "competition" is illegitimate when one person is boxing a raid.

Each day that we spend talking about this one guy is on Ragefire downing Nagafen and Vox by himself with a dozen mages and bartering what should be a raid's profit for Krono. We can overlook the broken mechanics, and difficulties Daybreak has had to deal with in trying to provide this experience to 5000 players....But we're not going to live in this illusion that we're in this fair and balanced or competitive environment. Daybreak is making great efforts to create a better more sustainable end game. But it needs to be done sooner than later.
    Orpheuus and Zargonza like this.
  5. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Easiest fix to TLP ever, and generate revenue.
    Make buying the latest expansion unlock TLP on that account for a year.
    Sequins and frankie78227 like this.
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Once the new TLP lands we'll see just how many people enjoy the current TLP ruleset.
    I can't wait.....
    Finley likes this.
  7. Lee81 Augur

There's a reason why DBG enforced the rotation. It appears that there is a significant playerbase that will support it.
    Simone likes this.
  8. Mwapo Augur

You realize that we beat vp with like 35 odd people and zero pet walling, right? Kunark wasn't beat by pet walls. TL has pet walled one mob outside of the insane overtuned sky bosses(bees mainly) since the mitigation buff was even put in game.

Mages aren't the problem. Keep trying.
  9. Vaclav Augur

Got a better variant on that. Tie the raid instances to being up to date on xpacs.

Would have both levels of entry still, and people could opt to be cheap and "compete".

Would also be a clear demonstration of how the playerbase values raid instancing.
    frankie78227 and Kegwell like this.
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Or we could just price the TLP around 24.99 a month with zero ability to use a krono to gain access.
    Tada...... Heck I'd pay upwards of 49.99 a month, but I understand that not everyone has the same disposable income.
  11. Vaclav Augur

I'd be fine with that too, but not everyone would appreciate a higher level of entry. Tiered approach seems the most sensible method if they'd do anything of the sort.
  12. Lee81 Augur

I would pay a higher monthly fee to play on a better server.
  13. frankie78227 Augur

Tie TLP access to being up to date on xpacs. Eliminate krono account access. Instance raids. Put newbie armor quests back in. Would be closer to classic then what is currently on TLPs.
  14. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Exactly, this will get rid of all the freeloaders, scammers, RMT'ers, most of the mage box armies AND the clowns that think TLP is the end all be all of EQ. When they sick of TLP, maybe they will try live since they paid cash for it, o wait, they won't pay cash for anything EQ..
    frankie78227 likes this.
  15. frankie78227 Augur

Love that quote. I will be in that category in about 90 days when my last yearly sub runs out. After witnessing the current TLPs, I just had to ask myself if EQ was worth paying to play anymore, with test being free and all. To me the answer was clear, but maybe this new server will change my mind.
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Not sure how I'd even go about doing a tiered approach on a TLP for a model.

Unlike a new game their ability to charge for the (box) is gone. Even though the TLPs are sort of a new game away from live EQ. Could they dare to work on separating EQ || TLP into 2 separate clients with a chance to sell access to the new client? I don't think their market is large enough for that.
  17. Vaclav Augur

Well, I'd posted a concept with that just a short bit earlier - like tying "premium" bonuses to requiring owning the most recent xpac seems a very easy approach to it. i.e. the raid instancing that's being added, perhaps some seasonal content, etc.
  18. Dojii Augur

it's just common sense. players base of thousands reach level 60. They all want to experience end game again. This is why EverQuest launched with multiple servers. Each server was in essence an INSTANCE of the same content. What's the difference now? We can have a larger community on one server.

Larger community = more grouping, economy, etc... (yea i know some items will be worth nothing because of excess in market)

In the long term population is bound to dwindle. I'm not dooming Ragefire or Lockjaw... but if a third server is opened that is the sole server with instances it's bound to have the highest population. People don't want to go through this bullying, nerd rage, chaos war for the next 3-4 years of a classic timeline.

They want to play the game.

Nobody wants to lose their investment in Ragefire / Lockjaw... but if new server reaches Kunark and allows transfer.... Ragefire and Lockjaw will probably end up being dwarfed by the new server.

This means Population over time dwindles over a larger world.... etc etc etc... no grouping... little interaction.... Tumbleweeds...

That's why it's just practical to instance everything. Sooner than later.
    lockjaws, Orpheuus and Finley like this.
  19. Shae'der'lun Journeyman

Just think about this for a moment:
    If they had instanced high-end raid areas from Day 1, how many players that quit would still be playing? During classic (on RF), that's just three zones. Fear, Sky, and Hate, leaving out other incidental targets that would remain FFA mobs (Naggy, Vox, Yael).

My experience was extremely frustrating in those zones, where I had to either charm-pull or aggro gank literally every trash mob just to help gear my guild. We had quite a few members burn out, not because of overplay, but because of the constant stream of bulls**t they were dealing with. We'd still have them if they were allowed to play with who they wanted to play with... that being the guild they chose, vice competing with gargantuan mage armies, brown sock heroes and the most toxic raid environment I've been in since P99. Some of them went back to Live, a lot of them will never come back to EQ at all.

How many potential subscribers were canceled due to all that? How many more are they losing every time a casual guild attempts a contested mob and loses a dps race on a mob they might not see again for a month? How many signed up to see those old zones while they were still (somewhat) challenging and relevant and were prevented from doing so in a fulfilling way are now gone?

Instance the ****ing raid zones already.
    frankie78227, Zargonza, Lee81 and 3 others like this.
  20. Porygon Augur

I'm not gonna lie, competing against people for spawns in hate was extremely fun.

Coming up with new strategies for pulling was fun... My favorite was pulling at 20% on my warrior!
    lockjaws likes this.