Holly quote.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Symbius, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekais910 Augur

This still remains a slap in the face. Devs decided on this. When DBG released a comment that they would work with their player base to improve their products, and this TLP being their newest product so to speak. Why not adjust the difficulty and give everyone a shot at the content? This is in fact an alienation of a majority of player's opinions for an old concept. At this point, it comes off as more self serving then serving the population. Organized guilds can get rolled over by other guilds as well. Fippy suffered from this as well. Trains will be thrown and things will continue to get worse and worse as we progress through the expansions. Many people don't want to be involved in the endless player interference which is plainly obvious by so many calls of "trains" and other underhanded tactics that have obviously be happening despite guild PR crews feigning innocence. Players are asking to be given a way to get away from the constant player interference and a chance at the content. This is no way makes them "casual" it makes them against the scene that has become EQ raiding. I've experienced it on fippy. I had a 97% attendance and I am for instancing because of what I was forced to experience while just trying to experience the content. I hope that you continue to focus on your player base instead of on what the devs feel is right when there is an obvious disconnect between the two.
    Barton likes this.
  2. sihpa Augur

It was the pickup raids on Nagafen and Vox back when I started playing that truly got me hooked on EQ.

Since the first set of TLP's I have never had another chance to do in era pickup anythings on one of these servers. When the "competition" gets to the point of people justifying cheating, exploiting, being exclusionary or overall just plain antisocial, I lose interest because I wont lay down with dogs.

Anyways what we have going on here has nothing to do with competition or skill. It has everything to do with artificial scarcity and monopolization. Artificial scarcity is something I can live with in a game but monopolization? Why even bother to play if thats not your thing?

The way most of you talk about this makes me wonder how much you'd just LOVE to have every boss in the game script off into the sunset like the Sleeper. 1 naggy/vox per server and if you arent there to do it the first and only time GET OVER IT! Better luck next time! Hmm not a bad idea for a new TLP I guess...
    Owndar and Barton like this.
  3. Moebius8 Lorekeeper

So you are saying Massively misquoted you? Color me cynical.....
    Barton likes this.
  4. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

so did casuals demand Tacvi loot too? I dont remember, its been too long.
    Crabbus likes this.
  5. Ceffener Augur

This does nothing to change the context of what you are quoted saying.

It is still a condensing middle fingers to anyone who doesn't want to Zerg raid bosses.
    Artemis-Entreri and Barton like this.
  6. Banuvan Augur

So DPS RACE BRAH! = difficulty? Well color me purple that's a new one for me.
  7. superman Augur

the last part is rediculous also no one is focusing on that. "That’s part of the challenge: You have to be better than the other guy; you have to be more strategic that the other guy" no you dont have to be better you just have to have more time....... why dont we instance raids and see who can kill them with the least amount of players THAT would prove who was better.
  8. Detheb Augur

They did ask to make everything in GoD easier while us top guilds slogged through it!
  9. taliefer Augur

it didnt seem like she was misquoted at all. she reaffirmed what she said in the article. its their decision that the high end raid scene remain only to the most skilled, dedicated players. that is what is currently happening right?
  10. Vaclav Augur

I meant the game as a whole. You do realize the normal servers are hemorrhaging subs, right? There's only so many places to tap extra revenue from to keep servers running a loss going.
  11. taliefer Augur

uh, i was in one of the only top guilds to even make it it past the snake (forget which side was the tough one~) and it wasnt just casuals that asked for it to be easier. GoD was massively overtuned at first.
    Barton likes this.
  12. Detheb Augur

Preparation is what sets great teams apart from good teams. You could even venture to say that "Preparation" is a skill. So, thats pretty much whats happening at the moment, yes
    Gregolo likes this.
  13. Detheb Augur

I do agree, but guilds still made progress in that expansion, we had North Snake but never got South Snake down =(. I was just pointing out his quote that, yeah, basically they did ask for tacvi loot during GoD
  14. baakss Journeyman

I think what's bugging people here is that the quote is very anti-casual. It's a peak into your mindset of why you didn't instance raids.

So here's the casual perspective:

If it takes 20 people to kill Naggy, does it matter that they camped out there the night before? Even modern EQ doesn't enforce this type of stringent requirement. You can see for yourself the types of attitudes held by the players willing to do this about players who cannot. This forum is practically toxic with people acting that way.

So when you say something like this, even with that context, it leads us to think that you do not have our best interests in mind.
  15. Kellaer Augur

What are you going to do about events like the Coldain Tenth Ring War, which is the end result of a heavily invested series of quests, and could easily be hijacked by a third party? Is it a DPS race, even though one person and their guild did the entire series of quests leading up to that point?
  16. Moebius8 Lorekeeper

Kek, I remember the screaming over the sewer trials when trash was quadding for 6k. They retuned that content because the raiders cried like little girls about being unable to progress past the group content.
    You remember the level cap was going to be raised for Gates then it wasnt, that caused all the content to need a retune which took forever and fractured the playerbase at the time. You are also forgetting the accepted way to beat half the group stuff was to get an enchanter to charm a mob and the rest of the group would go along to keep the enchanter alive while the charmed mob beat the trial. You havent lived until you watched a Tank, Shaman, and three others riding along trying to keep an enchanter alive long enough to get the mob back under control without it wiping the party during charm breaks.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  17. Rhiyannon Augur

can we say damage control?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  18. Banuvan Augur

DPS RACE BRAH! total skill
  19. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

What's laughable about the whole thing is all of the content on question is zergable. It's not like it takes any particular skill or gearing to kill these mobs. Just a bunch of people.

Grats. Your skill at cramming a couple of hundred people in a guild and mobilizing them is such a lofty accomplishment. Lol

Real accomplishment in EQ is doing more with less. Seeing what you can get done even if you are low in numbers or under geared. Except here there's no point in even trying that when you know a zerg is just going to show up and roll over you.

It's not about being casual or hardcore. There's nothing inherently casual about not zerging and there's nothing hardcore about zerging. It's about a difference in playstyle and here we have on record a game producer specifically endorsing one lame playstyle over all others. Sad, really.

But it certainly speaks volumes. A lot of us have suspected for quite a while that the people running this game are clueless about their own game and how it's played. Confirmed.
    vardune, Corwyhn Lionheart and sihpa like this.
  20. Detheb Augur

No see, here is the difference. Because you choose not to do that, i do not call you casual neckbeard, no life, etc etc. I don't care that you don't do that, it makes it easier for me that you don't.Your playstyle doesn't effect mine in the slightest, and i'm probably play less than you do.

However, if you expect people to allow insults to be thrown around and not respond, thats just insanity. Of course we fire back, but make no mistake, i could care less what you do with your time, don't try and dictate how i spend mine.

And before it comes up that we're trying to dictate how you spend yours by not instancing.

Guess what, these raids have never been instanced. The Game is dictating how you spend your time if you want to raid, you knew that going in. I'm not trying to change the game to fit my playstyle, are you?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.