Holly quote.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Symbius, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Certainly seems that way, but I suspect too little, too late. The wording is what I would expect from a hardcore raider, not the Executive Producer of EQ and EQ2. Obviously casuals should only be "allowed" to pay subscriptions to make the servers financially viable...
  2. Owndar Elder

Stop using the word "casual" to describe people with 20+hours played a week and max level chars. It's absurd. Stop expecting what will likely be 2000 max level chars to "compete" for raid content that will gear 100 people max. Stop expecting people to make their lives revolve around EQ if they want to raid.
  3. Banuvan Augur

You need to recruit to have 72 online at all times actually. You also need to give each other access to accounts so you can log them on as well at any time of day. Don't forget that part.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Rhiyannon like this.
  4. Gregolo Augur

1. You don't have to
    2. Nothing special about doing this
    3. Nothing special about doing this
    4. Nothing special about doing this
    5. Nothing special about doing this
    6. Nothing special about doing this (you don't have to do it)
    7. Hyperbole, even we don't try this hard
    8. Nothing special about doing this (Zipping to 50 isn't hard, neither will zipping to 60).
    9. Welcome to Everquest raiding since 1999
    10. And so on
  5. taliefer Augur

also, be sure to use out of game means to communicate when something in game has spawned. the game is no longer a self contained entity.
    Rhiyannon and frankie78227 like this.
  6. frankie78227 Augur

Too casual for the TLP. My subscriptions are almost up, anyways. Guess it's back to test server. And no you can't have my stuff.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Gythlen Augur

Wow, just ... wow. Yes, sure ... JUST casuals want this. Ms. Longdale, you are so wrong on many accounts.

-1k faction from me on this.

Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Gregolo Augur

Batphones have always been a thing.
  9. MBear Augur

A casual is someone like a few of my family members that log in MAYBE a few hours a week. They don't really raid ever and they aren't thinking about the game all the time when they aren't playing it. They aren't at work daydreaming about a new strategy for the raid.
  10. Hateseeker Augur

Your guild used mages to get to 50 in 2 days to get the gear flowing in and the gear advantage growing (even if mages aren't used now). If people don't want to get behind after Kunark through similar tactics they need to rush.

That said, I was NOT writing as TL satire. It's quite serious and bare bones basic for people that won't otherwise do these things. Read who I was responding to, he mentioned "preparation". You must know there's got to be a few people out there that don't even have the right spells; for example are still using lower level mage pets.

Also, number 9 is a direct response to all the times you guys say no one contests you. That's a simple reminder to other guilds that, well, they gotta show up.
  11. taliefer Augur

if they did, not to the extent they do now with twitter and whatnot. i raided hardcore from 99 to 2007, and had never heard of a batphone.

Edit: you removed your skippy comment, so im removing my Jiff comment. was hoping to see how many peanut butters we could list off
  12. Rhiyannon Augur

so... if i play 60 or more hours a week with more than 16 days played, but don't raid... i guess i'm a filthy casual?
  13. rekais910 Augur

Only if you don't want to get into the raid scene for whatever reason? I myself spend 15.5 hours at once camp straight. I'm casual!
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  14. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Exactly. Nail on head.

My first toon was planes ready in a week and 50 and geared with all but a couple pre planar bis items a week after that. Second toon the same about 10 days after that, roughly. I've been asked to join one of the raid guilds available to me and have looked at the other. I might. But honestly, I've never been one to join a 300 or 400 member guild just to raid. In a zerg. Nothing against those who do, I just find it to be boring and kind of lame. In my 16 years of this game there have always been options for players with my preferences. Because before, there was a PNP in place with first to engage rules that were mostly honored. And if they weren't there was recourse.

Yet here we have a producer endorsing zerging as the only viable raid style. And that's totally against what has always made EQ a great game. Casuals have every reason to be offended. As do those of us who aren't casual but don't want to join a zerg guild.
  15. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

povar's ragefire rotation basically necessitated batphones, besides im pretty sure bats had one in the 50s
  16. Gregolo Augur

I got to 50 in about 11 days playing completely independently from TL. I could have even been faster. It has very little to do with mages.

I think the point is this, if you're still using low level mage pets, or using the wrong spells. Holly is 100% right, you have zero business even looking at Nag.
  17. Banuvan Augur

I have 4 50's and working on a 5th. I play more than almost anybody else I know. I am a filthy casual.
  18. Elkay Augur

Unbelievable how out of touch the lead producer of a game can be with the *majority* of their player-base.

Unbelievable how willing someone in said position can be to alienate that many players.

We aren't asking for free-bee gear handouts. We never have been. Have you not been reading, or getting clear communication from the people that are reading for you?

We're asking for ACCESS to the content WITHOUT sitting on a blank spawn spot for 72 hours, then have 72 other d-bags take the kill because there's just no competing with people THAT ALREADY HAVE THE GEAR. Raising raid boss HP does nothing at this point but make the situation WORSE for anyone not willing to poop-sock.

The majority of your player base does NOT want to play with these toxic DPS race rules.

She had stuck up the middle finger on one hand to anyone not willing to play DPS rules once they level cap.

She just stuck up the middle finger on the other.

I don't think there's any amount of damage control that can fix this one. I no longer wonder why the game continues to bleed subscribers. Again.
  19. taliefer Augur

i was on povar. still dont remember batphones. could be wrong, /shrug.

i still dont think it would have been possible to the extent it is today. twitter wasnt a thing, cell phones werent near as prevalent. if they existed, they werent near as efficient as they are today, and most people that werent online missed out on a kill that was raced to.
  20. Endtimes Elder

Yes, if you are not part of a team that is dedicated to shutting everyone else
    Out of content then yes...

You Belong to a lesser category of player termed " casual "

And you shouldn't be allowed to see certain content , like Nagafen

Sorry that's not for you , please restrict your gameplay to the casual areas
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Elkay like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.