After a decade away, I'm returning to Norrath

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Akon, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Akon Elder

Haven't heard from Suicidal today. He's checking out servers also. Roxxanna, I can't speak for anyone but me, but I think it would be worthwhile to take you up on that offer. :)

Everyone keep in touch.

Oh yeah... I will roll wizzy, as I did in 2000. ;-P
  2. Akon Elder

Romulus you're paying for 2 accounts? Lol....

But yeah I'll go all access.
  3. Romuluas New Member

Well Akon if you do decide to come to the rathe my SK main is there Im sure I can collect some gear for you guys with him, just let me know.
    Akon likes this.
  4. Akon Elder

Ok Romuluas, sounds good. Still going to be "just looking" until, I dunno, something clicks :)
  5. Pristine Oakwynd

Sounds good, Romuluas. I do have my warrior there, and I rolled up a druid on the other account. I have not really touched that one, though, and got the warrior out of the tutorial section.
    Akon likes this.
  6. Witchcraft Lorekeeper

I can personally attest to the AWESOME guild that Roxxanna leads on The Rathe server. I was a n00b about two weeks ago returning after 14 some-odd years. The Eternal Darkness on The Rathe was the first guild I tried after reading some great recommendations on the boards and it's been the best n00b-experience I've had in a game...ever.
    Haphazardalure and Akon like this.
  7. Akon Elder

Witchcraft, thanks. Sounds awesome.
  8. Roxxanna Augur

It's peeps just like you that makes us what we are, so thank you, and FYI, Gertee is our leader, I'm am but her right hand, and perfectly happy to serve. She is awesome so please introduce yourself.
    Akon likes this.
  9. Akon Elder

Well, the new PC arrived. Now I have to set it up, tweak the software, etc. And, put a table together for it :( I hate these do-it-yourself computer carts, but my desk has no room for yet another computer. LOL
  10. SuicidalDwarfPally New Member

I want to do the old school stuff but I have been checking out Hero's Journey... Well... trying to anyways. I just spoke with all the council members and I am at lvl 9 with a Wood Elf Ranger. Not sure if I will take the same path with my Dwarf Pally (or other characters) or not. As far as the diff between the RP server and Xegony... I can not tell yet. The RP server seemed to have more activity in the lower level zones (tutorial and that new starting city). My lvl 9 Ranger is on Xegony. I have 3 or 4 toons on the RP server as well. So, I am good for either or.
    Akon likes this.
  11. SuicidalDwarfPally New Member

I have no idea what my old log in information is... so I have lost everything and am starting over. Which, to be honest, I dont mind as it has been a long time.
    Akon likes this.
  12. Edgefall2422 New Member

Yes I to just came back. Left sometime after the zerker class came out. I was on rathe server with my old toons so started there. I joined the eternal darkness guild and glad I did. They are very helpful and patient with my noobish tendency why I relearn the game.
    Akon likes this.
  13. Edgefall2422 New Member

Suicidal if you rember your email account they can send you the log in info. I am surprised they still had mine after all these years.
    Borek-VS and SuicidalDwarfPally like this.
  14. SuicidalDwarfPally New Member

I am good for anywhere as well. I have never been able to be a one character kind of guy. I always like to try out all the races and classes. I will use one guy with you all and then a few on my own.
    Akon likes this.
  15. SuicidalDwarfPally New Member

Sorry... you know how evercrack is... I'm good for anything... anywhere... I can roll a DE Necro (to start) if everyone is wanting to go to the dark side. Just let me know what server you all want to group on and I'll roll a few bad guys.
    Akon likes this.
  16. SuicidalDwarfPally New Member

Are there still houses? Because I have been looking for a place to put my feet up and have not found any inns or places to rent... Maybe I have to go back to the original zones for that?
  17. Yther Augur

Find your way to the Guild Lobby (available to all, guilded or not), then in the NE corner of the zone, leads to another zone. This is way to the housing instances and guild housing. There's the old guild hall entrances at the northern part of the guild lobby. Probably other ways to get to the old ones from the new ones too. Don't know, never used housing or guild housing, 'cept to look at others creations.

EDIT: This quest gives an introduction: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=6914
    Wiki about Player Housing: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Player_Housing_in_EverQuest

Yther Ore.
    Akon likes this.
  18. Akon Elder

Suicidal, I'll prolly roll a Drakkin wizzy. Since drakkins are "neutral" I'm not sure how that plays with "good" vs "bad" and with drakkin's ability to visit diff zones and such.

Yther, thanks for the housing info.
    Edgefall, welcome back... along with us other returning veteran nOObs... :D
  19. Romuluas New Member

If everyone want to do rather we can do that and I can roll a monk or something til we get up near my sk lvling. Wouldn't re roll sk on rather since mine does have his epic there. But I'm up for anything, anywhere. Rather economy seems stable. Looked at fv economy prices don't seem higher then rathe for the same gear. What looks to be higher priced is the raid gear for sale. Which I'm it should be since it is much harder to attain.
    Akon likes this.
  20. Akon Elder

OK, Rom.... give me a day or so to get my act together here at home and I'll roll a Drakkin wiz on The Rath to have a look around.