Red Dragon Scales aug needs to be cursor loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Kelefane Augur

Yep^

This aug should have been cursor loot or popup window "choice" loot from the start. Hopefully the devs consider this and implement it.
  2. Recnarp Augur

This is a tank aug until they decide to change it as far as I'm concerned. Sad that it's not gained through a quest reward/achievement.
  3. Jonny Panic Augur

I'm not even all that impressed with it. Okay, it's a shield aug, so it's actually 50 AC and not like 16 or something, and it has great hp... that's it. Even the AC isn't a big step up from other shield ac augs, not when tanks are closing on five-digit total AC counts. Same general idea with the hp.

Tank aug, best shield aug, maybe, but IMO it has the three worst heroics in the game. Even my pajamamongers itemize their augs for HAgi, not HInt. My SK would stick Crushed Hope in his shield over this were have given the chance and the choice.

I generally itemize HSta and HInt or HWis like this: you'll get what you generally need while focusing on the other HStats. It's just not really worth itemizing more specifically for them.

It's Udumbara all over again. Almost good; so disappointing.
  4. Qwestwic Augur

Someone obviously doesn't understand how shield AC works.
  5. Drakang Augur

I dont mind there being stuff that not everybody gets. But more common would be nice. Would not complain if all got it just understand the idea that some items should be rare.
  6. Jonny Panic Augur

I understand perfectly well how shield ac works. I'd rather have a 40 ac shield aug with +8 HDex than a 50 ac shield aug with +8 HSta, though. In a game where tanks are hitting five digit AC totals, the extra 10 AC will matter virtually not at all, even if it's shield ac.

You sound like you don't understand how HDex works. Crushed Hope would get me almost one-third of the way to the next HDex breakpoint, whatever that is, because HDex breakpoints are every 25 points. The rest could be made up with tribute HDex. Reaching that next breakpoint will give me roughly a raw to +1% Parry AND Riposte rates. I assure you that a rough +2% increase in total damage prevention skills will do much more for my than turning, say, 9000 AC into 9010 AC, or 7000 into 7010, even if that extra 10 AC is shield AC.

This gives me an appreciable increase to the much-vaunted but I suspect overrated-in-today's-game "shield ac aug" field as well a heroics worth using as a tank or shield-using melee.
  7. Rainbowdash Augur

Move HDex aug to another location in inventory
    Place dragon scales in shield
    Receive both 10 more shield AC and the HDex
    ?????
    Profit
    Fenthen and Elricvonclief like this.
  8. Riou EQResource

You would lose hAgi or hDex doing this. Of course it all depends on if the +8 in shield slot even puts you over a 25 interval.
    Jonny Panic likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Whats the caster aug ?

'Cause surely they wouldn't have put +heal on an aug without +spell damage unless there was a separate aug for pure casters.
  10. Demo123 New Member

I'm guessing the Mayong event has it. We've managed to spawn him twice now and he's completely jacked our group in about 30 secs both times. 40k hits seems excessive especially after killing the 5 ring mobs before him with next to no downtime. Definitely gonna need to bring a few groups next time, 1 just isn't sufficient. Has anyone figured out how long the the respawn is exactly to trigger the event? We tried to retrigger after wipe for about 30 mins and nada. Went back next night and we triggered again, died and couldn't retrigger. Also why is this open zone and not instanced? One of the best safe spots in the zone and it has a mini raid. Not cool :(
  11. SpamFactory Augur

Anyone ever consider that they intended the aug to be a chase item and not something that everyone who does this raid is going to get?
    Koneko likes this.
  12. Kamea Augur

Augs are primarily from group content and temporary raids, and we've been conditioned over the years to expect temporary raids to be quite generous with augs to make up for the fact augs basically don't exist in permanent raid content.
  13. Trajet D'Or Augur

Chase item would be if it was on a permanent raid, that would be a chase item because you could chase it. Just for the sake of the aug it's likely most guilds would do this every week for the next year and curse each time they wasted half an hour and no aug dropped and curse about being one of the 1-53 people in the raid that wanted the aug but didn't get it when it did drop.

This would be a fairly logical concept, the Devs create content and the players have something they are likely to do each week. The same thing can be accomplished by sticking the aug on Vyemm's loot table, guilds would banner past Aary or simply kill Aary and Vyemm each week and have another target that meets the "worth doing" criteria.

Instead the result, not even going to guess at intention, is to create a lot of drama and have a few dozen tanks have 10 more Shield AC that other tanks have no way of getting during ~50 of the 52 weeks a year.

The simple fixes: remove Secondary from the aug, stick a 50ac Shield usable aug in the initial CotF release, make the Nagafen raid available permanently or add Red Dragon Scales to Vyemm's loot table. Any other fix is most likely beyond the scope of the time the Devs will devote to something not directly related to the launch of CotF.
  14. SpamFactory Augur

I disagree completely. Chase items can be from limited time content.

The raid stat cloak/ring from trash are also chase items that not everyone will get. They have obviously been experimenting with itemization in this content

I remember some comments from elidroth that items like the necro 2.0 lock out slots completely for long periods of time and are thus bad itemization. A chase item can be really good and not "lock out" a slot from itemization since not everyone is going to have that chase item.
  15. FVPirate New Member

amazing how many raiders whine when something new exists that they won't all get handed to them ... yet they complain about groupers expecting handouts lol
    Luithien, FVRules and Demo123 like this.
  16. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Since so many people dislike it make the aug necro only and be done with it.
  17. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I agree that everyone does not have an automatic right to best stuff in the game. Keep the drop as is.
    Koneko likes this.
  18. Ronak Augur

Every prior case of an aug like this was either group content, or cursor loot award to all from limited time raid content, since they stated augs would not be raid-acquired, many years ago. In prior cases where a mistake like this was made, a cursor option was always put in. This should be no different.

Make it just like tots and add an option fitting to melee as well.
    Kelefane likes this.
  19. TheQxx Augur

Should be an achievement reward for everyone after beating the raid.
    CaRnon and Kelefane like this.
  20. wingz-83 Augur

Wha? Been clearing through MM for awhile now and haven't heard anything about this.