Red Dragon Scales aug needs to be cursor loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 25, 2013.

1. FVRules Journeyman

Automatic? Yup, I agree. But, if I want the best stuff in the game I know what I have to do to get it. Join a raid guild and show up everyday and ill get what I want.

This item? It will never happen. Unless we're assuming guilds will be raiding this encounter for three weeks every year for the next 26 or so years.if you get what I mean.
  2. wingz-83 Augur

Something to spend all that DKP on it looks like!
  3. Jonny Panic Augur

Riou has the idea.

Why put a non HDex aug in your shield when one is available? I itemize all of my SKs augs for AC + HDex whenever possible, and AC + HAgi (+1%ish Dodge per breakpoint) when it's not. This aug is neither. It doesn't even have particularly good mod2s/mod3s.

The best I can say about this aug is that it'd be handy for trying to grab top spot in Magelo for hp rankings.
  4. Jonny Panic Augur

It's kind of a shame that this stuff requires the kind of organized strat development and raiding power that only raiding guilds can really muster, rather than being something a fun pick-up raid can do for fun and nostalgia.

This stuff DOES need to be a bit more tuned toward casual raiders.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Remove the lock out on the raid and level the playing field if you want to compare it to the trash from MM & Naggy. Most guilds are only going to get a shot of this once a week for what time is left (4 weeks depending on when it goes in) . While the cloak and the ring are dropping all day every day.
    Kelefane likes this.
  6. Rainbowdash Augur

Mayong...event?

Me and Benhan scoured Mistmoore just now, can't find anything that resembles the trigger for a ring event. Can you go into detail, please?
  7. Bamkan Augur

Removing 10 AC from your shield Aug is basically equivalent to dropping 100AC from your regular slots.
    That's like saying you'd drop 2.5 of your regular AC augs for HP only + hDex.

I've yet to see any tank with Terrortangler's Gem or Nefori's Horn in their magelo.
    Ismel and Pirlo like this.
  8. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

i was wondering this too.
    Pirlo likes this.
  9. Imrahil Augur

And add spelldmg so int casters have something also. Make it an achievement to select from and all should be happy.
    No sense in limiting this for a raid which is only up very shortly, precedents have been brought up by others.
  10. Jonny Panic Augur

This is incorrect. Removing 10 AC from your shield is like dropping about 30-40 AC from another slot, depending on class and associated ac softcap.

And yes, at this point in the game I'd drop 40 AC for +1.5% to +2% more raw damage prevention (the bonuses to Parry and Riposte). +40 AC this late in the game is negligible when you already have 7k-9k AC, but that extra raw 1.5% to 2% is still relevant. The difference between the +8 HDex and the next breakpoint can be closed with tribute, which is dirt cheap in the late game.
  11. Kelefane Augur

Its 50ac and goes into shield. AC is all that matters for shields.
  12. MrGPAC Augur

That's not exactly how AC works...how your AC works is relevant to the attack of the mobs you are fighting which keeps going up...its not like you can reach a level where small gains are irrelevant.

Question...do you have any 0 ac + 8hdex augs?

~MrGPAC
  13. Riou EQResource

If it took you over an interval it would be better to do that option yes, you don't need to do so nowadays however with even more augs being +8 agi/dex with 35+ ac.
  14. Lifeshriek Augur

Personally I would like to see a choice of 1 of any of the items on the loot table being a reward window option (and then a flag of some sort so you can pick only one, perhaps), the drum for example, is also a very nice piece because of its clicky.
    CaRnon likes this.
  15. Elricvonclief Augur

This aug should be cursor loot in either the raid or a group mission, please.
    CaRnon, TheQxx and Kelefane like this.
  16. Hodor New Member

Achievement award this please.
    Axxius, CaRnon, TheQxx and 1 other person like this.
  17. Kelefane Augur

Can we get a dev reply? Perhaps make the aug cursor/reward loot before its pushed back live?
    TheQxx likes this.
  18. EQbud Augur

It's live again, and the only rewards are 5 items in the chest + 2 hero's forge pieces on Naggy.
    Kelefane likes this.
  19. Kelefane Augur

A dev reply to this threads proposal would still be nice though.
    Rainbowdash likes this.
  20. Rainbowdash Augur

I still wanna know wth this supposed "Mistmoore" event is. I think the guy that posted it was just trolling...