Red Dragon Scales aug needs to be cursor loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Roderick Journeyman

No one asking for an increase in drops/cursor loot-ifying the aug has explained what the problem is with only a few people getting the aug.

Why is it a bad thing for a dozen people on each server to have one aug that is (minor stats) more than anyone else?
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The question you asked, please give me stuff, has been answered rather effectively I think.
  3. Rainbowdash Augur

Cursor loot or not (I honestly don't care either way. It gets turned into cursor loot? cool I'll have it for sure. It stays this way? Cool i'll farm it. We're keeping Naggy on lockout anyway) I still stand by my early early early statement (and Pie's) that this aug needs spell damage. Imho an aug like this, that is a chest drop from a raid, the only aug from the only raid in the current 2 HH events, should be universally beneficial to any class that equips it. Besides....it already has literally every other stat in the universe...except spell damage.
  4. Kelefane Augur

Except for the fact that augs during past events that are similar were reward popup box loot. They changed the TOFS augs from how they were received initially and retroactively did it. How is this any different? Its a break from the norm in other words. They also stated that augs would not be raid acquired anymore. In every other case with similar augs, they were gotten via group content or cursor/popup box claim reward in limited time content such as this. Again, how is this any different?

And they wont be "giving" any one anything. Only the ones that beat the raid.
  5. Insaneox Augur

Its always sad to see this stuff happen they give us short time to do event then one person per gets upgrade? From viewing other stuff on loot table this is only thing of value. Sure bag clicky items are nice I guess for some. The back item is worse then one you can get in group game! Amazing stuff.
  6. Pirlo Augur

The question you have to ask yourself is, Is there a different internal policy for HH events and Anniversary events.

Anniversary event = ToFS = Aug for all
    HH event = Baggy = chest only

Could be all part of their policy and not an oversight
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Bottom line, you want the aug to be given to you for simply being in an expedition. It really cannot be put anymore plainly than that. As for what "they" have done in the past that really means less than nothing in the end.
    Pirlo likes this.
  8. Rainbowdash Augur

No value for you maybe. But you are not everyone. Nor is your guild every guild. There are plenty of people out there that receive benefit from this gear.

It's possible that they made it dropped not cursor because of mindsets like yours. ToFS was T4 VoA quality. In fact a bit better. Even top guilds got some use from that gear (or could have). People would still run the event even after they got the aug. The Naggy gear, like the group gear, rides between T2 and T3 RoF. Closer to T2. People wouldn't run it after they all ran it the first time for the aug cursor loot. Because the sad fact of this game these days is that next to nobody does anything, raid OR group content..but especially raid, for the fun and excitement. They do it for the gear and big stats and numbers and that is all they care about. But believe it or not, devs don't like spending time and effort on making content to have people run it once and then ignore it. It's a similar concept to the chase items everyone and their brother are complaining about. Admit it, if those items weren't dropping then MM and solb would be basically empty... yet with them they are packed.

However, that being said. I don't think making the aug cursor loot would really hurt anything. Especially given the runs most guilds could have made by now but the crashes stopped them. And the fact that the aug isn't even universally useful to all classes (again, spell damage. I know i wouldn't use that aug. I'd toss it in a bagged clicky for looks like i do with so many other augs)
    Pirlo likes this.
  9. Insaneox Augur

I think different then many maybe due to fact I'm a raidleader. My view on this one Aug per run is in top end guilds means 1 person rewarded for 54 effort. That's my only thinking on this method of loot. If the normal drops were better the return value of raid would be there. Sad fact is most other loot is twink at best in our situation. Would think lower guilds would like better normal drops in chest as well! If they bumped stats to T4 level all would be good.
  10. Kelefane Augur

Bottom line is, do this aug like augs before it were in similar situations. That is the bottom line.
  11. smash Augur

Bottom line = SoE devs need to be consistent with the rewards.
    Kelefane likes this.
  12. Kurayami Augur

[IMG]

I give you exhibit A on why there is something wrong with the current aug drop rate. Those shaman/bard alts were sure thrilled to get raid loot though!

Could we at least have like 3 augs drop guaranteed?
  13. Kelefane Augur

If its gonna be a guaranteed "set" drop, make it 6 augs.
  14. Kamea Augur

I have a post that's buried in earlier pages that I think explains it.

The problem is that the fact that they removed augs from permanent raids 6 years ago. Since that occurred, anytime an aug was on a temporary raid they made it realistic for many/all people to get it. Curretly, most people are using augs from temporary raids that are 4-5 years old. Since temporary raid augs are so central to aug sets for years afterwards, it's hard to justify making them 'chase' items.

Another problem with a temporary raid dropping as few augs as this one is that it's basically impossible to farm a reasonable volume of them.
  15. boukk_sebilis Augur

1-2 aug garanteed / kill would be ok.
  16. Daislet Augur

Having it as a random drop is going to cause a large imbalance, particular as its shield usable.

You are going to have some guilds not even get 1 aug. While others can split/trio/quad raid it or even use other methods to avoid the lockout. So suddenly some guilds will have their tanks having a large shield AC advantage over others, with no method for them to "catch up". Most of the casual guilds wont give the aug on a "priority" basis as well.

Unless CoTF introduces a group obtainable 50AC shield aug - which is very unlikely as it's such a large jump.

And then you have Cazic where the NPC is not even up.

Giving the Aug as a raid completion reward is the only way to make this fair to all guilds.
  17. Genoane Journeyman

Haha No aug upgrade is giving a guild a "large" advantage of any kind
  18. Daislet Augur

If it wasn't shield usable I'd agree with you.

Your guild obviously has not "prioritised" the aug to Tank only, yet others have. Doesn't that indicate that they feel there is a significant advantage to deny non tanks the only loot they also would like from the event.
  19. Genoane Journeyman

Shield or not, scoring this aug won't impact what a toon can or cannot accomplish. Sure its a significant AC increase vs the former best shield augs..... that doesn't mean it will significantly impact even 1 characters performance, much less set a guild back power wise

It is definitely unfair if the raid isn't up on some server(s)
  20. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

From my understanding, dragons are very small creatures with relatively smooth skin. One would be quite lucky to find a scale on them at all.

On a more serious note, I don't see the point of making this item so rare considering it is a great augment for anyone and everyone. Having 4-6 drop each time would seem to be the most appropriate in my opinion and make the item more fitting of being labeled ALL/ALL.