Update Bugs 08/21/13

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Tobynn Augur

I also now rocket upright from seated position. Pretty sure my drakkin character has always demonstrated that spring-loaded behavior, but as of today its new for other races I play.
  2. Thesteus Journeyman

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/cannot-get-past-character-select-screen.202616/

I can get to the Character Select screen just fine. From there, everything breaks. One of three things generally happens when I select a character (in PoK) and click "Enter Game":
    1) I get disconnected and sent back to the Server Select / Login screen
    2) I get disconnected with an error message explaining my login info could not be validated
    3) I get into the game in some kind of Link Dead state, cannot interact with any NPCs or anything and then am quickly disconnected (and sent back to Login screen).

None of this was happening pre-patch.

EDIT: This occurs on both free accounts and my gold account
  3. torach Journeyman

Let's see...

Naggy Raid still bugged..

MPG subversion (only one I tried) bugged...

Please fix
  4. Corboy Journeyman

Busy Cursor is amazingly annoying, again. Thanks for turning it back on, I don't know what I'd do with a game that's playable for over a week.
  5. Kelefane Augur

WHY put the Welcome Screen back and not fix the "busy cursor" lag issue first? This is getting MORE annoying than the old West Bug. Second you log in, you are crippled with lag and can barely move and your mouse cursor is going crazy.
  6. Ishtass Augur

Did you skip the patch download?
    Azzurri likes this.
  7. Thesteus Journeyman

Not that I'm aware of. According to the "Update File List" (under Advanced Settings on the launcher), the files are all up to date.
    I'm running a file check now.

But I haven been playing for the past couple of years and have never had a problem like this.
  8. Thesteus Journeyman

I was able to log in, but within 5 seconds of login, NPCs and players started spinning, and when I try to cast a spell it just hangs ... looks very much like I am link-dead.
    I'm able to see chat, but I can't cast spells and now I cannot target players or NPCs.

EDIT: Eventually was disconnected and sent back to login screen. I tried with a different (free) account on a different machine and got kicked back to login screen immediately after trying to enter the game.
    Again - the game was running without issue on both of these machines prior to today.
  9. Bemp New Member

I am not sure this is a bug or something intended so if i am totally wrong ignore the post ...

I am on Vox server and made a new toon and there is not a Gloom mines 2 and there are as i am writing this like 50+ in one instance. I am not anti social but that many players makes it tough to get anything done so if this is a bug PLEASE fix it ASAP. Also i am not the only player wanting another instance i have been sitting by Arias and a few have been trying / hoping there was another instance up --- Thx
  10. Uxtalzon Augur

Dzarn liked my post?! WHAT THE!

Paladin RoF group T4 Breastplate (Frightweave Breastplate of the Zealout) click effect is being resisted instead of actually being useful. The effect is supposed to be a 300 self-DS (or 800 to undead) and a 1350 heal to self, but instead all I get are "Your target resisted the Divine Power spell" and it results in no damage reflected to the enemy, and no heal. The effect has 50 counters, and I can honestly say that in all 50 times it's supposed to trigger, only 10% of them actually work/land.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Grelliths palace - zone freeze. Same thing that's been happening in The Rebirth raid.
  12. Kirkisx Tunare's Chosen Paladin

13. Harmonae Journeyman

Are treant mobs for hotzone aug quest missing from Corathus Creep? I was there for a while killing everything that moved and never saw one
  14. Thesteus Journeyman

When I got home (all previous attempts to log in were from the office), I had no issues running the game. All settings on my home machine are the same as the work machines. The only thing I noticed was that I did NOT get the welcome windows on the work machines - and I did at home (and I would not have noticed had I not read all the complaints about the welcome window in multiple posts).
  15. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

We didn't get a different icon for Deep Sleep.

At one point I had zero earned AAs listed despite having the correct number spent.

The lag from the Welcome screen is back as mentioned above.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

- New Hero's Forge robes have arrived! You can change existing Hero's Forge robes between the new and old versions by right-clicking them. New robes will be available in the same places the old robes were found. The Noble Cloth Robe Ornament can be purchased from Keliss Arden for those who have completed the requisite achievement.

Norx Blackheart in The Overthere does not offer Ssraeshzian cloth robe ornament as a reward.
  17. Hamshire Augur

Posted in last thread & was never fixed

Bugged zones and or tasks are stacking up fast on progression servers, these are what ive found on server Vulak`Aerr so far.

Ssraeshza Temple

Emperor Ssraeshza, Blood of Ssraeshza, and Cursed Cycle are not spawning once killed, currently your only shot at getting these raid bosses on our server is after a server up.

Sleeper's Tomb

We have some warped version of the zone, little to no trash, all named are up but the dragons, the named don't drop loot, and some of the trash has weird names that are no listed.

PoK Potion merchant

Ralkor Stoneclaw the potion merchant in pok that sells healing, mana regen, haste potions, ect, ect should be in by now. I was looking at expansion release timelines and TSS ( the current expansion ) was released in 2006 and there are posts under this npc on zam dating back to 2005 so correct me if im wrong but he should be in.

Hero's Challenge

Razorthorn: Hero's Challenge instance is broke, it should port groups in when you agree to take the challenge and it isn't.
  18. Kurayami Augur

Keep crashing in more open zones, this never occurred until just after the patch. Not horribly intensive open zones too, crashed in freaking Overthere. Seemed to enjoy happening most while turning. It didn't terminate the EQ though, I had to go to task manager and shut it down there. It obviously thinks it is doing something. my stable EQ is only about 4 to 12 % CPU load, the frozen ones are at a constant 25 % a piece. Will update if I get any more information, gonna hide in a claustraphobic dungeon for awhile :)
  19. Uxtalzon Augur

Logging in (meaning selected main character and loading into game) results in a huge set of freezes, as if the game is rejecting my video drivers or something nasty. I was in Plane of Sky. This freezing kept going for 15-20 seconds and I finally crept to the edge of the island and cast Leap of Faith (sends me straight off and down to zone out). Instead of zoning out, the game just hung. I had to CTRL + ALT + DEL and slayed the game, looted my patience of its corpse, and reloaded.

I'm in Guild Lobby. Wat. I go back into Plane of Sky, and my corpse greets me at my feet on island 1, when I had leapt from the last island. Double Wat. Now that I think about it, the second time I logged in, I loaded just fine, even faster than usual. Triple Wat!
  20. gcubed Augur

It sounds like your SysAdmin at work has started blocking ports.