Update Bugs 08/21/13

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Thesteus Journeyman

Possibly, but I really only play from noon to 1pm and there is no reason for them to block me for that. I also think it's too much of a coincidence that it would happen the same day as this patch.
    For the meantime, the problem persists. Either I get in and immediately am disconnected or I fail to get in at all.
    It's very annoying.
  2. JChan Developer

There was a configuration issue and the Welcome Screen was improperly pointing to the wrong thing. This should be fixed now. You may need log out completely to the desktop and back in to get the fix.
  3. Jilarak Elder

cursor issue is back again on my computer
    and crashing to desktop..is very annoying..disable the welcome screen please
  4. Thesteus Journeyman

I'm investigating that. Was the port changed with the patch?
  5. Mintalie Augur

Is that why my load times have been so unbearable recently?
  6. Xarucard New Member

Not sure how many people really need to use SC for these but the Ebon Hero's Forge Cloth Robe Ornament is currently being sold with the plate set and not the cloth set.
  7. Falos Augur

If the welcome screen is not optional then it is still not working as intended - the customers want this screen to be optional, the customers are not always right but this time we are.
  8. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

No. Optional is bad. It should either be repaired so it doesn't cause *any* lag, or removed. If it's optional and broken, returning players will either suffer with it not knowing to turn it off, or may quit due to the lag. Very few would happen to dig up the soon-to-be old information on how and why to disable it.
  9. Sinestra Augur

The new robe ornaments were put in, but I don't see any difference at all between the "Old" and new ones.
  10. Tallyman New Member

Since the 8/21 update I am unable to zone into PoK from either the guild lobby, or any other PoK books I have tried. This is on two different accounts, from two different computers. When I try to zone to PoK from another zone, the game/screen totally freezes and I have to exit the game using the Task Manager. I then log back into the game, get to the Character Select screen and it says the toon is in PoK. I try to log into that toon and after about 30 seconds the screen tells me that the server is not responding and I have been disconnected and kicks me back to the Server Select Screen. A total file scan of the game has been done.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  11. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Exact same issue. Cazic-Thule server. LOT of people in general chat are complaining about not being able to get into PoK. However the zone is not completely "down" because some people are in fact there and chatting. Seems to be some issue with the zoning process. Some people are reporting having zoned in and out of PoK many times today with no problem, while others are not able to get in at all with any characters.

I personally tried to zone into PoK from a book and had the same result as Tallyman. Never got the message it was loading the zone, it just completely froze and I could only exit using task manager. Now waiting out my "Return Home" timer so I can log back in and find a different route to where I was going.
  12. Tallyman New Member

I should have said so in my post, as I am also on Cazic-Thule.
  13. gcubed Augur

Yes and no. As I understand it, EQ uses a number of ports. It appears the port assignments are dynamic and which asset uses which port is probably determined by the order they enter the network. When SOE brings down the servers for a patch, all the port assignments are likely to change when the servers come back up again.

These ports can be blocked by the network and they can be blocked by a firewall on the computer you are using.

When it comes to networks, System Administrators have a tendency to view open ports that the company's software doesn't use as security threats. If the problem is indeed your SysAdmin blocking ports, I have a pretty good idea how he/she will respond to a request to stop blocking ports so you can play an online computer game.
  14. Koutarou Elder

This issue would almost totally go away if Sony would add logic to their code to prevent letting zones bind to about half a dozen specific ports.
    (i.e. the one used for MS SQL server - tcp/1433 , etc.)
  15. JChan Developer

Actually we did have that. Unfortunately, in the server optimizations it was mistakenly taken out. It's been restored internally and we are currently working to address the zoning issue on Cazic Thule to Plane of Knowledge and the bad port.

Thanks Tallyman for reporting the issue here!
    Kellan, Ishtass and Dzarn like this.
  16. Frrroooaaakkk-AB New Member

Strangely since the latest patch yesterday, i have been experiencing cursor stutter lag, also game speed up's i assumed this was due to a cpu fault and adjusted my client.ini file to -1 on cpu afinity, this resulted in my entire EQ game crashing on loading to character screen, so i deleted my client.ini and went back to defaults, still the game speeds up when it wants to(have tried all the posted fixes nothing works i even set my clock to update every hour and no joy), it also has a hard time switching between window and full screen modes, occasionally it messes up the gamma settings on its own accord. Graphics card drivers are up to date for EQ so is direct x, not sure what could be causing these issues only been getting them today, its annoying.
  17. JChan Developer

Please send your dxdiag information and dbg.txt file to equserclient@soe.sony.com.
  18. Kelefane Augur

Why not just do away with it completely? Dont you guys seen the issues that its been causing?
    KC13, Xeladom and EQbud like this.
  19. Makavien Augur

There seems to be some spells bugged right now . Wing buffet used to be a spell that would pull you to Zlekax in the Corrupted temple of veeshan now it pushes you away for the entire duration of the spell. And from what I remember on the mission/raid of An end to fear the tentacle abberation never knocked us back now it seems to be doing a directional knockback (a pretty big one) I am almost 100% positive this never happened until the last couple times I have done the mission /raid. I am always the one moving the npc from aura to aura on both the mission and the raid.
  20. Pouncequick Journeyman

Per Lucy it looks like a deliberate change. The push effect on Wing Buffet was 'slow push (-300)' and has now been changed to 'slow push (300)', presumably changing the direction.

Even though this is likely 'as intended' (makes sense a wing buffet would toss you away), it is currently extreme and makes the Zlekax radically harder. At the very least it should be reduced in magnitude and/or frequency, especially given that dragon's other 'features.'

It was annoying as a pull, but not this bad (also seemed less frequent as a pull).