Rain of Fear ToV LIVE on AB

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Genadine, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarSheol Augur

For the record ToV is most deffinatly listed as a zone for RoF.

I am a CRT if there where an early release zone I would have heard about it

Bug Bug Bug Bug if your guild follows the EULA bring to their attention it is not ok to go there yet.

W can wait a few more days, also for the record there was no pre quest technicaly the shards will continue dropping after launch. :cool:
  2. boukk_sebilis Augur

Considering you were on beta you have 0 excuses.
    You knew that 1) It is rof content,not free content so shouldn't be accessible
    2) You knew the dragon were the first untuned version yet you went and killed them
    3) you knew mercs aren't supposed to be allowed in zone
    I must say I am not surprised you exploited this since you had no concern for tuning the zone right,and you were pushing for your own agenda rather than doing the right thing for the rvr.
    You deserve to be baned.
  3. Shang Augur

Challenge anyone to find a scarier statement in this thread.
  4. Sikasila New Member

Serverwide firsts, yeah right. I would prefer that the alliance i am a raid leader of earn their gear the right way. We can wait for the expansion to go live. To me that loot would be tainted even if there are no rollbacks.
  5. Sarayu Journeyman

Honestly, this whole post is ridiculous. You have people who "assume" things about the bug that they wouldn't know unless they were participating, and you have others defending their actions because they don't want to get in trouble. And you have the people going nuts and starting a witch hunt because they truly do believe people should get banned, and those people raging because deep down, they couldn't find a tank to try out the new dragons.

Yes, there were some guilds who were able to kill more than a couple dragons, but I would say most of the people "exploiting" this were fighting a dragon for upward of 50 minutes to an hour with a maximum of 6. It's a couple days away from expansion, and those of you who played the beta know how easy these raids are. So some people got a piece of gear from this bug, who cares. There are 13 dragons, that's 23 pieces of tier a clear (and clearing it is easy), the people who can only 6 man this event are never going to show up ahead of you on the leaderboards, and the guilds who were "raiding" this junk are going to be rolling through it anyway.

We haven't heard an official stance from Authority, but they have your 2 cents, I promise you. Bans and suspensions and junk for spending an hour killing 1 dragon to loot a piece of gear that all it would take is a DB removal or a DB altering to make null? You guys just really need someone to hate. Most people I asked on my server left the gear on the corpses knowing that reprecussions were likely anyway and they just wanted something more interesting to do.

It would be exceptionally easy to remove the items, or they might do nothing at all. Worst case, your guildie isn't bidding up the new gear absurdly high. Best case, your guildie didn't get a leg up on you and you're still "the best ever." But, like I said, I would wager they aren't going to do bans because across the server there were hundreds doing this. Either looting or exploring. It would take too much time when the mistake was their fault anyway, expansion is so close, it's insanely easy to get this stuff, it was fixed absurdly fast.

Go on, tear me apart, I'm done with this thread so I won't see it lol

~Sarayu
    Tunare
  6. Dethgar New Member

In all actual reality this is an exploit SOE threw in everyone took the bait because how are you gonna get RoF loot when RoF isn't even live yet congradulations everyone knows what happens to exploiters so have fun people I wont be touching this zone till the expansion is released because this zone is part of the RoF expansion guess people didn't pay attention or check achievements on bet /shaking my head
  7. Potawatomi Augur

So do you really believe what you just wrote or no? It reads like you don't...
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yes, it was a bug that this came out early... twice :/
    NO, that is *NOT* the final tuned version of the event.
    Additionally, some of the zone flags are missing on the version on live. Mercs are NOT intended to be allowed.

It was NOT supposed to be available.

Do *NOT* go trading the items. We *may* remove the items from players that received them, however they received them. We plan to take no actions on players that experienced this content early beyond that.
  9. Rocksta New Member

Thank you, Ngreth. Perhaps now people will stop crying.
  10. WarSheol Augur

Challenge accepted...
    On the 2nd tuesday of each month I like to have a tea party with my Firiona Vie figurines :cool:
    Mykaylla likes this.
  11. Zahrym Augur

Apparently increasing xp rate gain warrants warnings, suspensions and item removal...but abusing a zone obviously not intended to be in doesn't.

If you claim true ignorance, which seems to be the stance of this guild...the question is not about action, it's intent. They intended to zone into a zone they knew wasn't supposed to be live and clear it to get an advantage no one else has/had or would get. Otherwise it wouldn't have been a secret even on their own server. It was only talked about *After* the damage was done. They clearly knew it wasn't supposed to be in, and acted as such...clearing it and not talking until some else did.

If it's a question of a relative ignorance, then yes if the zone was accidently live and a random passerby accidently theoretically could have seen it zoned in to check it out. That's not what happened.

Not zoned in with low numbers on an off-raid night and used mercs to be able to kill the content.

The intent here is clear, and malicious.

The actions here lead toward the understanding of the intent in question and it's undeniable. They should be punished & items should be removed.
  12. Paradisic_parasite Elder

I don't think bans are necessary but there should be no question that the items be removed when the dragons they were acquired from were in a severely undertuned beta state.
    Neodraykl, Qulas and Reprisal like this.
  13. Uxtalzon Augur

In other words, the near lack of consequence means everyone just missed a good opportunity to stock up on new, easy to obtain gear with the addition of mercenaries. lol
    [IMG]
  14. Noobieguy Augur

Yeah, if it were the mobs that we tested, 1 group would have been stomped very quickly.
    Leerah likes this.
  15. EverChanter Augur

You do understand why we have to laugh when you say this right? I mean, it wasn't like THIS wasn't posted all over the beta forums :rolleyes:
  16. Qulas Augur

^^ This, exactly.
  17. Noobieguy Augur

*May* remove the items? That sends the message that whenever there is a bug and someone exploits it, there will be no repercussions.
    Reprisal likes this.
  18. shiftie Augur

what a joke.
  19. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

He probably said "may" because that isn't his department.
  20. Mikestab Elder

Please don't *MAY* this. Although I suspect the technical resources might not be available to effectively remove these items from people who already looted them. Still though leaving this stuff in game right now is a bad thing. They don't need to be banned, I'm sure the temptation was pretty rough especially with people being in a turkey coma. Just get rid of the gear.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.