Rain of Fear ToV LIVE on AB

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Genadine, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neodraykl Elder

MAY isn't really an option. Gear was gained through exploiting a major flaw in the system. I don't think suspensions are warranted however, just remove the ill-gotten gear.
  2. Axxius Augur

May remove? Come on, guys. If you decide not to remove those items, it will be a huge unfair advantage to those who exploited this mess.
  3. EverChanter Augur

This happens in some form every year...a few years ago, it was a guild exploiting events and posting them to their front page. Before that, it was avoiding lockouts and even before that it was exploiting mechanics in a SoD zone to kill dragons for flying mounts and kiting npcs while other npcs did all the work. Nothing ever comes of the first people who do these things, but rather those who didn't do it when it first went live. Those who try it later however WILL be suspended (hell my guild was suspended because we did Rallos Returns regular and hard mode back to back and they thought we were exploiting lockouts, yet those who exploited it months prior had no punishment).

It really goes to show; if you're going to exploit something in a raid fashion, be the first to do it and you'll be fine. Don't you dare do it later though, that's against the EULA!!!
  4. Xnao Augur

So, dev says "stay out of ntov."

It is posted that he said that.

People keep doing it.

No consequences.
  5. Mikestab Elder

It's posted, but still happening. Things respawned and it's working again. People know there will not be reprecussions.
  6. Ronak Augur

Anyone who participated in the Beta and saw even one ToV dragon fight knows the version on live was not intended, at all. Those who fit that bill, and who looted a bunch of the gear anyway, knew exactly what they were doing. There is no way they should keep that gear.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  7. Rocksta New Member

6 pages of repeating the EXACT same stuff? Go watch some tv or something!!
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Your viewpoint isn't terribly surprising since your guild has had people in ToV.
  9. Qulas Augur

Anyone who's in a guild that did Beta can't really use ignorance as an excuse for doing the zone. You knew it was an RoF zone, you knew the fact you can pop mercs meant it wasn't really suppose to be live, you know that they weren't tuned, yet you decided to farm them anyways. You can't feign ignorance when it comes to ToV.

Remove the loot, otherwise you are sending the wrong message. Essentially you're punishing people who decided to not abuse the hell out of this by letting the abusers keep the loot.
  10. boukk_sebilis Augur

People that were on beta like kreacher should get baned for atleast a week or two or have a 2month lockout on ntov, they knew, yet decided to exploit it, all the gear should be remove too ofc.
    It tells a lot about those exploiting guild anyway, maybe they should be baned of any futures beta.
  11. Elricvonclief Augur

Remove the gear, otherwise it penalizes those of us who refrained from this.
  12. Rocksta New Member

I suppose I'm one of those people since I was in TOV after BoD yesterday. IGNORANCE truly is bliss!!!

As far as I'm concerned, if any from my guild took any gear, ban them the entire expansion!!!
  13. EverChanter Augur

The irony in this thread is EPIC!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  14. Sarayu Journeyman

Can we lock this thread please? As previously stated, we have 6 pages of people saying the exact same thing, and the Reds have said what they're going to do. This has devolved into name games and smear campaigns and really serves no viable purpose for being unlocked.
  15. shiftie Augur

O'rly?

At least we know of yet another person who went in early.
  16. Kreacher Augur

Thanks Adam,
    I'll go ahead and put through the DKP values for the looted items. A few guildies did have reservations about going, but we pushed on. :)
  17. Xnao Augur

The guilty should just be quiet lest they further incriminate themselves. Let the innocent do the talking, stone throwing and etc.

It's a Celebration!
  18. Retrievil Elder

For the record, nobody in Echoes killed any dragons. We had a couple people in WW waiting for some word from the devs if this was intentional or not. Ngreth showed up, depopped the crystal and killed the instances. That was that.

I really dont care if some groupers or lower tier guilds got some nice gear. Good for them. You know we are all going to steamroll this expansion anyway. Maybe if there is enough of an uproar about this, the dev team will smarten up and not make stupid mistakes. I think some of you missed the part about Ngreth saying this happened twice. It was also active last week.
  19. Gringot Journeyman

I'm in a lower tier guild and our leadership put the foot down and told us not to, which I agree with. Seeing another lower tier guild that we compete with suddenly become a higher tiered gear than us overnight through exploits is a slap in the face to the honest guilds out there.
  20. Xnao Augur

The fact that they fixed it and people did it again shows a blatant disregard for the rules and they MUST be banned.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.