You were kicked for being "the weak link"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black5pider, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Black5pider Active Player

So, i was PUGging yesterday, on my main Black 5pider and my journal indicated me that next i had to do was Raids and Operations (Apokolips Now, DC, Throne of Dead, etc) so, I happily queued on the On Duty tab...

After waiting (as everyone knows) a GOOOOD time, i finally entered one... just to be kicked after first wipe for being lowest CR of the group (not before being bullyed in chat)...

Next PUG... i left because a 130 cr was asking to kick me too...

Next PUG... the 133 cr guy asked to "kick all 120s"...

Next... I completed Apokolips in a group of most 120ish, one 140 and one 130...

Next... all 120s asked to leave if not kicked...

I should mention that IN EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE I QUEUED I WAS ABOVE MIN CR REQUIREMENT...

So... is not what the PUGs are?? To go at it with anything you get grouped???

Are high cr players not happy with ruining T1-4 content for others that you need to ruin T5-7 too???

If you dont want lower CRs... WHY DONT YOU FORM YOUR OWN GROUPS?
    • Like x 10
  2. Venus Void Dedicated Player

Why don't you?
    • Like x 20
  3. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

The answer is simple make your own group. When you Que, you Que at your own risk .
    • Like x 7
  4. YinChakra Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  5. Backseid Devoted Player

"Zing" of the day :)
    • Like x 5
  6. Black5pider Active Player

Because i was fine with what the queue gave me...

The ones with issues and kicking players were the higher CR players...

Also, i (as most 100-110ish) am starting in the game just 3 months...

You lot have years or even are here from beginning... i think you MAY know more people or it COUL BE easier for you to form group...

You complain that there are no people here to play with, ask for server merges, cross play, but treat the people who is barely starting as if you dont wabt more people here...

Same happened in SWG... i see we are all the same group here.

Again... I WAS HAPPY WITH MY PUG.... I SHOULDNT FORM GROUP...

PEOPLE KICKING EVERYBODY OF A CERTAIN LEVEL WERE NOT HAPPY WITH PUG... THEY SHOULD FORM GROUP
    • Like x 15
  7. Black5pider Active Player

That's my point... I was above min CR requirement and

happy with what the PUG gave...

they werent...

So...
    • Like x 7
  8. Venus Void Dedicated Player

That's part of the risk.
    • Like x 1
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

it happens..
    • Like x 2
  10. Black5pider Active Player

Lol

So if a lower CR new to the game is not happy with PUGs you go for the torches, the pitchforks and the memes... and start "oh YOU form group"

But if a higher CR is not happy... "it happens"... "part of the risk"

Speaking of needing more players into the game...
    • Like x 9
  11. Venus Void Dedicated Player

Well, I've never been kicked from a group that I formed, take that how you will.....
    • Like x 3
  12. Black5pider Active Player

And i never had to kick anybody when i formed a group...

Semantics apart...

New players should be welcomed... PUG should be that...

If you want a specific group of players (say a specific level) then you should form a group...

Thats what in game text and logic dictates
    • Like x 11
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I used to kick people for not performing up to what I would expect a player at that combat rating capable of. I at least gave people a chance. I still think I was a jerk for kicking anyone when I queued into content, though. I've changed my philosophy since then to try to teach other players what they can do to improve instead of just kicking them for not knowing what they're doing. If I queue, I'll stick it out until I run out of game time (need for sleep, food, work, etc.).
    • Like x 9
  14. Gucciana Committed Player

give it up buddy thats the risk of queing

if a vote starts it takes more than one person to vote to have you kicked
    if you que into a group and get kicked well that thats how the cookie crumbles
    you can sit here and say that they should form groups and not you but in the end if you want to avoid that...make your own group....and if your not willing to do that than accept what happens
    • Like x 2
  15. BumblingB I got better.

I can assure you, forming a pug group doesn't get easier because you've been in the game longer. It might get you into a group forming, but players wouldn't think twice because "Hey, it's B, I'm going to join his group!"

It comes down to you either queue up and playing russian roulette for a balanced group for a raid or trying to form your own balanced group. Both can end horribly, but at least you didn't wait an hour or more to get in only to get kicked. Most groups form around 10 minutes, they can take longer during low pop time.
    The forum isn't a place to come to if you want to be encouraged. I can assure you, we all hate our community. And we need cross play to happen.
    It's obvious, you weren't happy with the kick, which is part of pugging. Personally, when it comes to raids, you have to form a group, because you might get all DPS when you need 2 tanks and at least one heal.

The CR level thing is funny. Not laughing at you funny, but players have always kicked people based on what they think is wrong.

I can assure you, that person who kicked you has a massive timer to kick again. So if he got someone he doesn't want, he can't kick him again. Requeue, you might be in the same group. :)
    • Like x 5
  16. IzzyLizzard Well-Known Player

i feel u dude, not everyone is like these guys. i relize we need to be awesome to new players becuz they are the play base for the future.

for everyone to elses info, the community in this game suks, there are multiple instances where i feel if i were new to the game and how i was treated i would quit, becuz most players are 150lb of gameing greed and cant see beyond there own needs.
    • Like x 8
  17. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

When I use to pug (ew), I saw a few times when the person who started the group was kicked in the instance...
    • Like x 5
  18. veneficus OP truncus Committed Player

i have been pugging my way thru t4 t5 the past few days gearing an alt i made some time ago...
    there have been a few times where i was the only dps in the 4-man group ( like 75-85ish cr) a 70-80cr heal 2 140+ support roles the one 140+ leaves and we 3 man the whole alert (t4 inner) and get the speed feat..
    the 140+cr who stuck around was a troll and would say things in group chat like " do this part fast" or "you cant be slow here" or " get the switch" or "HEAL YOURSELF" which i dont mind.. that is a form of help..
    he stuck around did jus enough to where me and the healer still got to play the content and enjoy it..
    my point is..
    some people jus see a low cr think the players are total scrubs and dont wanna help out..
    this is not helping dcuo.. it is hurting it..

give them a chance.. help them out a little.. give them a little breathing room.. dont be scared of some older content that might make you put in an effort..

chase some numbers for once..:D
    • Like x 4
  19. Black5pider Active Player

Im accepting what happens... i didnt quit or anything i continued pugging...

But i am entitled to bring my opinion here as everyone else, and i know i can form groups you can all stop that...

But, as a new guy i dont have many friends in game... and if for you who have YEARS here is hard to form group, even knowing a lot of people (its so hard that higher crs prefer to pug)... then imagine how it is for new people coming to the game (like myself).

If you want to accept what happens fine by you, i wanna try and see if it can be solved or fixed. Dont i have the right?

I get you..

But they werent even giving a chance... just seeing CR... not even a try... and then kick...

Anybody is invited to forn group with me and see the problem was not my playstyle (and also... i need people in game to play with lol)
    • Like x 5
  20. SSeid Committed Player

I will not waste my time for you.. That being said, unless you are indeed a burden to the group, slow in understanding what to do after you are told, being bad at your role and refuse to listen to advice.. then I will not waste my time in kicking you either.

What you encounter is sh*tty player attitudes. It happens, especially when you randomly pug through a queue. From your attitude in your answers I see that there is a chance you were less than receptive when advice was given.. no matter the form.

If you want higher success rate from your groups, then make them yourself, or join ones that are already being formed.. your excuse "I don't know people" is silly. If you don't start making groups then you will never meet any. It's a part of the process, if you make groups that get content done then the people you did it with are most likely to answer to your call next time and of course pick you over other (more) random people when they need to make groups.

There is really no excuse for not joining groups from the LFG chat or for not even trying to. Not a single player that is considered great does content the way you do unless he/she is beyond bored.. Use the chat functions of the game.. meet people and perhaps your experience of the game will improve.
    ( Don't jump at me.. I mean high raids and alerts. )
    • Like x 2