Work-In-Progress Livestream!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReAni Mator New Player

Well they wanted the new players to stay interested so they made it piss easy to lvl up and the high lvl armour is easily attainable in the new 'underwhelming' (the general feeling of the players I know) dlc. So seasoned players feel as if their grind has been all for naught as who the hell needs skill points with the new armour being very powerful. So after all that jumping around the yard a good move would have probably been to let things settle a while and not rush into anything new, as everything new has been all over the joint recently. Instead here's another thing!!! If it bombs we can fix it with 'another thing'!!
    • Like x 2
  2. MercPony Devoted Player

This is kind of boring for people that don't really like to play DPS all that much. Its still an interesting mechanic and stuff just I'm not really seeing the benefit for support roles here. Someone can clarify for me if I am wrong just, this is my stance on it.
    • Like x 3
  3. Skynin New Player

So much whiners here, wow. Now i remember why i leave forums long time ago.
  4. Stiltz New Player

If we can build power faster through weapon combos then it should help support roles quite a bit.
  5. ReAni Mator New Player

From what I can gather, it isn't really aimed at improving support as much as complicating dps (not necessarily negatively, wait and see i guess). I used to only do support role stuff, but with armouries the ease to change properly from one to the other made dpsing to attractive an option to ignore. Now I happily do either.
  6. Skynin New Player

Em... can i ask "why"?
  7. ReAni Mator New Player

Already in our league no role is essential for most things. We do without trolls or heals etc in alerts if we can't be bothered shouting out and our options are limited due to who is online at the time. I was a bit worried the other day when it was decided we would be fine doing the new alerts without a healer, but it was fine in the end, not even a single wipe.
  8. MercPony Devoted Player

Yeah that's about the only benefit I got out of it lol Which is fine for me as I am a Controller.
  9. Mortal Coil New Player

No, you got the gist of it. I'm sure plenty of ppl will defend the devs and pat them on the back for this, but in its current form it does absolutely nothing (at least directly) for the support roles. On the surface, it may decrease dps power consumption, but it will probably only be temporary as it will only be a matter of time before the dps can figure a way to incorporate it into their clipfest.
  10. Vinny Tireshine New Player

I'm just thankful they didn't do anything to give 160+ sp players an unfair advantage over new comers with less than 100sp

Yes, 160+ sp players have an advantage, but it's not an unfair one
    • Like x 1
  11. Skynin New Player

I'm with you. Let's see what it's would be. I guess that with new combos at least controllers will be able to generate more power or something else. AT LEAST it provides more variety to the gameplay for those who playing for fun, not to satisfy his ego.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

This is all kind of similar to an idea I detailed before about adding a Power Ring as a weapon. I searched for the thread but I couldn't find it so I must have made it when the old forums were active. It basically called for a Power Ring to be used as a combination of all other weapons where you could, for example, tap melee twice to get two Martial Arts attacks and then hold melee or tap/hold range to combo into a different weapon tree.
  13. The Hornet New Player

This. All of this.

Clipping was so much fun. It made DC unique and great. What's DC without clipping? Final Fantasy with worse graphics.
    • Like x 3
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I agree with you on the support role side of things, but Weapon Mastery goes against clipping if anything. Tunso said that as you do different combos you build up a chance to get a critical power attack. So for example he said something like if you play out the entire combo you could get a 100% chance to do a critical attack with your next power which has to be activated at the right time. This means clipping will make you lose out on the crit chance that you were building up.
    • Like x 1
  15. Slykraze Active Player

So for anyone who missed the live stream (me), is it up on youtube? or no...
  16. Vinny Tireshine New Player

How did they hurt clipping and jump canceling?
  17. Skynin New Player

You STILL can play as you did before. What's the problem?
    And at some point clipping is ugly mechanic. When i love animation, i'm forced to clip everything to play effectively as i should.
  18. Solar Well-Known Player

Pretty boring announcement.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Locking this thread up. Let's continue discussion in the new Work In Progress forum.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.