WM Ruined Dueling

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Ethromel, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Ethromel Well-Known Player

Well let's see.... You quoted them, and you spoke about queues- check. Covered that. And what else? Oh yea, you had a problem with reply of "Nah,...... ", and came to their defense with "That was a perfectly........ comment/reply". Covered that. Two problem, and one sentence covering both. Yeah.....
  2. badname8 New Player

Nope wrong yet again. To the quote of "nah....it ruined dueling" all I said was "If it ruined dueling the queue times wouldn't be what they are...or maybe I'm just lucky"

then I included another quote of you saying: "It doesn't change the fact that it takes no skill to execute. So the op needs to be addressed seriously." ,which was said to someone completely different than the previous quote in question btw, to which I replied : " That was a perfectly valid response to the OP. Seems like you might not be following through on your previously promised "respect of others views"

FYI With every quote there is an arrow by the quotee's name (right after it says "so and so" says: ) that will take you to the statement the quote originated in.
  3. Ethromel Well-Known Player

There would have been less room for miscommunication if you had politely told me via post or PM- 'Don't get side tracked by arguing, and by the way I don't agree, here's why.....'. I would have thanked you for caring about the preservation of the discussion, and your shared thoughts. I promise I would have written nothing back to you but an appropriate rebuttal.
  4. Rich Homie Quan New Player

I do miss the more tactical/strategic play style without weapon mastery... Now it's first block break or counter wins the match
    • Like x 2
  5. badname8 New Player

I did politely tell you, via post, exactly that. Had you actually read and understood what I was saying before you became defensive and started attacking everyone that disagreed with you you might have realized it. But no one got a proper rebuttal when they argued against your view...did they?
  6. Ethromel Well-Known Player

I really have no recollection of your claim, but if you say so. And I would have to accuse you of not being truthful, because there is not one post of you advising me on the aforementioned in a nice dignified manner. Not one....
  7. Ethromel Well-Known Player

Can I ask, what do you normally have to do when faced with a player like that? Or do you just not duel them at all if you can help it. I prefer to not always have to avoid fights when challenged. That's why I hope for a change.
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

A change to what, make people play how you think they should play? If so, then I'd have to disagree wholeheartedly. Players are sometime the worst ones to give the rule-making powers to, namely because they tend to think of themselves first. I've said this in other threads, but I'll gladly default to the devs for making the rules. It's part of their job to look out for the game as a whole.

The devs make the rules, but players do have the ability to fight their fights on their own terms within the rules. And from the sounds of it, not everyone is having a problem with the practice you described or in dealing with those who practice those tactics. We'd have heard many loud complaints well before now if it was an issue. If there's one thing that parts of the PvP community are known for, it's being vocal. ;)

I can't agree with trying to change it. For one, there isn't that much of an outcry and isn't much of an issue to being with. For another, trying to change the rules of the game because you think/feel that your way of playing the game is how other players should play just comes across as more than a little selfish.
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That holds true for any fight in the game, though, PvP or PvE. One well-timed counter/block can make all the difference in combat, with or without WM in play.
  10. 1ndab0x176 New Player

Im not reading 4 pages so if someone already said this, im sry, but to say wm is ruining the game due to dueling is just plain dumb. Dueling is maybe one percent of the game. It wont make or break your character if u are good at it or not. To ask for a mechanic to be changed for such a small percent of the game content is exactly what will ruin the game. Dueling is mainly done by those who think they know how to pvp, while wearing pve gear btw, in hopes of boosting their egos. That same person may not know anything about running group content properly. Leave wm alone and learn counter mechanics. All wm combos can be countered either by a block or lunge. My peace has been said.
    • Like x 1
  11. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

I would just like to point out this isn't surprising to anyone who has actually compared to the difference between PVE and PVP gear. PVE gear has 3-4 times the burn of PVP gear. Since it has no defense against players, when 2 ppl duel in PVE gear the winner is more often then not decided by who fires first (like a Old Western Draw). When someone In PVE duels someone in PVP gear its more of a match between super offense against super defense. Matches only last more then 2 or 3 seconds if both players are wearing PVP gear.
  12. Ethromel Well-Known Player

What I don't get is why so many believe that this thread can't be the beginning of that "movement"? Why does the issue the OP spoke on have to precede me? I could very well be the start of that change. Wouldn't you agree that's possible? I have written many ideas that no one fathomed to consider until I said something. So I'm just saying....
  13. Ethromel Well-Known Player

Yeah, I can definitely agree with that. In a way I think it would be cool if it were a little bit more complex. Or do you like it being simple?
  14. Ethromel Well-Known Player

I apologize to everyone not involved for my part in the side-tracking of the discussion. Just as an update, it is true, I don't wear PvP gear and have been quite successful doing so. And I'm sure there are many that can attest to having been able to defeat a player that wears PvP gear while not wearing any themselves. So I'm not really talking about how to succeed against WM as much as I'm speaking on how easy it is to do it, and the front seat it now takes in victories.:cool:

If you disagree, can you please explain why you think it fits besides the benefit we receive to our stats, because I'm definitely not complaining about that.
  15. Ethromel Well-Known Player

Reading a title that says in large letters "WM has Ruined DUELING", and misquoting it when it's the first thing you see, to say "wm is ruining the game" is just plain (what you said) too. So you're suggestion to leave WM alone because anyone that duels in PvE gear has an ego problem, and don't know the first thing about PvPing properly. This is despite the fact that the devs ALLOW for players to be able to combat each wearing either type of gear? This is despite the fact that the OP stated that WM could not be blocked effectively, and or dodged? Anybody that claims they have never been KO'd while blocking is probably lying. Most veterans will tell you it has happened to them at least once.
    • Like x 1
  16. badname8 New Player

I've never been knocked out blocking anything other than a block breaker.
  17. Metrioned New Player

WM is ruining PVP because the developers made it with PVE in mind and not PVP.

Gear doesn't matter at all because 2 equally geared pvp players can nearly 1 shot each other just using WM it eats through shields and armor like nothing. Its basically become a race of who can get there WM off fastest for the kill, and add to deadly block with all the precision we can get now and it becomes who can block the other to death as well.

I have an alt in t1 pvp with only 1100 precision and I can melt fully geared and modded people just with WM combos like its nothing.

Why even think of modding anything with might when precision is top dog with WM around? Why hit someone with a few 300s in might damage when you can hit someone for 5-8k through a block or a shield?
    • Like x 1
  18. Ethromel Well-Known Player

My dude, you hit the nail on the head. That has exactly been my experience. Once I saw this flaw in the mechanics, I realized exactly that- why worry about Might? Its not what wins on the score board anymore. And true to form I too am out dpsing T6 players with my T5 gear. On the positive note, I've made a few new friends because of how I dispatched them in a duel despite their better gear and attempts to one-shot me with WM.

Perfectly said.....
  19. Ljubinka Well-Known Player

did u ever had situation where u are at about a hit from dying and u do wm and u smack your opponent for 9k dmg just like that and u win cause of it? it has no skill involved! brain dead easy to do with way to high reward
  20. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

I only PVP (including Dueling) in PVP gear and i prefer my opponents to wear it too so i can duel them longer then we waited for the match to start. With my 90 PVP Gear i can still easily 1 shot someone who doesn't block the attack (assuming their not a tank or they have not done anything to lessen the blow like a shield or something)