WM Ruined Dueling

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Ethromel, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Ghostof91 New Player

That's exactly what it is no skills you get the combo right there's your path towards victory, it most certainly doesn't mean your a better than the other player.o_O
    • Like x 1
  2. Ethromel Well-Known Player

You have to give respect to receive respect Sir. First off, my OP was written with a respect and welcome mat to others views. You are one of the few that decided to answer the OP based on something I SPECIFICALLY said it was not, and then offered nothing productive. So learn to read and then understand. Many of the repliers are the ones failing to show any respect and that's not cool.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ethromel Well-Known Player

Secondly, I'm not looking for a way to win. I have no need of advice as how to deal with this cheesy approach to victory, nor did I ask for anyone to offer a solution. I clearly wrote that "this is NOT about me losing". You are at fault here.... not I.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ethromel Well-Known Player

Thank you. Exactly, and I would like the devs to fix this minor problem. I still like dueling but I enjoyed that it was more about how your character was built, than how quickly you could pull of WM.
    • Like x 1
  5. badname8 New Player

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Point me to where I said anything about the OP based on something that you SPECIFICALLY said it was not. Actually the ONLY thing I said in this thread, about this thread and not your handling of other's views, was a reply to your statement that dueling was broken because of WM. I disagreed. I shared my view. Which you damn near asked for when you hit the "create thread" button.

You're getting defensive because of the views of some, and attacking everyone that doesn't agree with you because of it. My avatar might be similar to other posters...my words aren't.

You're very first reply after your OP (and still it was before my first post):
    This is completely disrespectful yet you assume anyone that posts afterwards is going to be respectful? I'd like to see the disrespect you speak of coming from a post made before you ignorantly told people, with legit views, to reply with more seriousness, less sarcasm and greater reading comprehension (despite the fact that in this quote here your articulation and use of proper grammar is HORRID).
    • Like x 1
  6. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Your logic is failing immensely here tbh. If you dont care about losing, not only would you have wrote "I dont mind losing" instead of "I rarely lose", but you also wouldnt have started this thread in the first place.

Its PAINFULLY obvious by your replies to ppl that your not actually interested in genuine opinions, (which FYI is the point of threads), but instead are only looking for ppl to agree with you. Shame.

Anyway if you want a genuine opinion then heres one, stop crying, go practice all 11 weps in the War Room while theres no DLCs out so you can familiarise yourself with all WM Combos, and then you'll realise how easily Blockable/Interruptable they all are. PVP matches are won more by Counter Mechanics than it ever has been by powers, and WM just suckers rookies into being countered and interrupted even more.

Ruined it? No, its forcing ppl to learn proper Counter Mechanics. Keep up or get out.
    • Like x 6
  7. badname8 New Player

You need to go back and read who wrote what before you start claiming people are at fault for anything. I never once gave you any solutions for anything. I don't really care about your issue because your issue isn't one that I experience despite the fact I'm playing the same exact "game breaking WM OP" game that you are. What I did do in this thread, however, was state that your treatment of the views of others is completely horrid in light of the fact that, in your OP, you claimed you'd respect those views.

Going back through the posts in this thread, mine is the only superman avatar, so I'm not even sure how you mixed things up so much. It's almost mind boggling. Perhaps you lack the same reading comprehension skills you're demanding everyone else has before they reply to your OP.
    • Like x 4
  8. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

In the big scheme of things who cares?
    • Like x 1
  9. winter13 New Player

Badname8 and Sodam Yat are speaking the truth. Well said.....and close thread
  10. chubbychase New Player

Let me get this straight: you're blaming the fact that someone starts a combo/rotation before the duel even starts (aka before the "GO" signal) on WM? I'm not fond of WM's affects on pvp as it currently stands, but if I actually cared for duels and someone did that to me, do you know what I would do? Walk out the dome and cancel it...

I mean, you can't start races before the "GO" signal, only thing you can use in lairs before each round starts between cutscenes is a trinket, and in instances you have to wait on the "GO" door to open up (unless it bugs)...what is the person dueling you in such manner trying to prove? WM has introduced a number of problems, but this is definitely a personal issue.

Also, if you truly believe that WM is fine everywhere else and is only not fine in duels, a highly controllable and agreed on encounter of 1v1, that alone contradicts itself. If it is ruining the experience on a small scale, it should amplify on a bigger scale...duels are fine, just stop submitting yourself to jerks' requests.

I'm not sure I understand the blocking,as it has worked for me on the one guy that keeps trying to pull this off (maybe he's just bad at it?)...were you and the person you tested on using martial arts?
    • Like x 3
  11. Crimson Jonni New Player

Wm is imbalanced for pvp in general, but uh, the blocking really is its greatest downfall. Of course the martial arts knee launch to loft shot can be abused like hell , but if you see a 1h player doing tap tap hold, then just block, and boom 1/3 health lost
    • Like x 2
  12. badname8 New Player

You're wasting your time. He's already said that's not a serious enough reply to warrant anything but backlash full of innuendos regarding your intelligence.
  13. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I was able to understand your post, then i went on to comment.

Being attacked for insanely high numbers does put the attacker at a great risk of being countered. since you have also claimed you are pretty adept with your pvp skills, you should know that a simple counter can make or break a duel.

Yes i have seen people be one-shot. Its certainly doable. This doesn't mean the person doing it has "no talent".

This is not very good evidence at all to represent your case. You claim that Blocking cant stop WM and thats untrue.
    You also claim that Shields do not work and thats untrue.

What you did show however is that a person with 103cr (unattainable with PVP CR atm) can be one shot.

HELLO THERE IS NO TOUGHNESS IN PVE GEAR.

Feel free to quote me if im not "exhibiting reading comprehension". :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  14. Ethromel Well-Known Player

I see what you're talking about as far as my comment. Check this out.....

F.Y.I Winter13's reply was not "valid" as you put it. A player being better/having better gear is still contingent on having to deal with one shots from WM.

Secondly, your very first comment was to attack me for not agreeing with someone who FAILED to address the issue. He instead made his point moot while strengthening mine, when he said that "a person needs to simply get better gear" AFTER I clearly wrote the problems WM has posed even in regards to gear, and yet he ignored my writings.

Third, my show of respect for someone's view does not mean that I don't get to reply. Furthermore, my comment of "Nah it just ruined dueling" was not meant as a disrespect to him, but rather my way of saying he didn't really address the OP, all he did was ignore the facts I stated- therefore I ignored him.

Fourth, YOU are the one that took my reply out of context when it in no way conveyed an attack on him. All I did was reiterate my original OP until someone was willing to come along and give good reason for disagreeing, while taking all my points in to consideration.

Fifth, when I told you that you spoke on something I already said it was not; I was speaking of your attempts at being a 'Forum Martyr'. Any typos made in my replies are just that..... typos and should not be considered the norm for me. If there were a true problem with my "articulation", it would have shown in my OP, but it didn't. I'm sure you know what you can do with your "HORRID" right. I keep telling people "If you show respect- I will give it back".

For future reference try not to take things out of order of occurrence. If you skim the post, and address something already covered- disrespect. If you laugh at me while I'm being serious- disrespect. If you verbally attack me without cause- disrespect. There is not one place on this forum where a person can find me answering someone disrespectfully without having been disrespected FIRST. So please get your facts straight sir.
  15. Ethromel Well-Known Player

Yeah I agree. I've seen this as a problem as well.
  16. Ethromel Well-Known Player

I understand what you're saying, but there are some that don't like to where PvP gear. For record, it shouldn't take using PvP gear to be able to sustain an attack from WM. Also, in some ways your point can be refuted by the fact that there are players that can defeat a player wearing PvP gear they themselves where none. I am one of those players. I'm just saying.... Thank you for discussing the topic.
  17. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

im all for a healthy discussion.
    In my opinion, someone not dueling in the appropriate gear for dueling really does not have a leg to stand on.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ethromel Well-Known Player

I could agree with your suggestion IF running away from a problem solved a problem, but sadly it doesn't. While I could do this- see a person starting Wm combo, and decide to leave to cancel the duel- the problem is the fact that I have to do that at all. Do you get what I'm saying? I should be able to start a duel or receive one, and have a good sense that it will resemble something close to a battle of skills, not whose the first to connect with WM. Hopefully you get where I'm coming from.
  19. Ethromel Well-Known Player

I won't deny that it's a challenge, but I've had GREAT success with it until WM became a somewhat of a too easy road to victory.
  20. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

"There are some that dont like to wear PVP gear"

This ladies and gents, is why this thread has suddenly become pointless. Lets forget the fact that hes only looking for ppl to agree with him for a sec, this 1 statement shows that he has extremely limited knowledge of how PVP & Dueling actually works -_-

Defence is for Players VS Adds and Bosses
    Toughness is for Players VS Players

This guy is complaining because when hes in PVE Gear hes getting hit "too hard", most likely by someone in PVP Gear, by a WM Combo, completely oblivious to the fact that he has ZERO defence against players....

Absolutely Pointless.

Out.
    • Like x 2