WM Ruined Dueling

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Ethromel, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Ethromel Well-Known Player

Please don't think this is a matter of me complaining because I've lost a lot, because the truth is.... I rarely lose. However, it is still my opinion that Weapon Mastery has ruined the experience of dueling.

Victory in duels used to rely on a player's ability to build a better character or using a more typical approach, just have better PvP gear. Now with WM having been added... All a player has to do is begin a WM combo during the duel countdown, and land the last attack upon the "Go" signal, in order to land massive damage for the victory or near victory.

No longer does a player need to have talent, and since most of the community is full of (for the sake of not using a more appropriate harsh labeling) half-hearted players, this approach happens quite often. There are not many ways around this cheesy assault other than to either run away and return, or mirror-match, and hope to win the exchange of cheddar. Neither shielding nor blocking works. Trust me I've tried. For experiment purpose, I have started a duel prematurely using WM on a friend with a cr of 103, and not only did I punch through his shield and block, I killed him past his health threshold, leaving him with questions, a beautiful green circle above his head, and a side of OP claims. Either way the experience leaves you wanting.

I say this despite the fact that I still win most of my duels.

Something should be done about this. Either make it so players can not move until the "Go" or do not allow attacks done before the signal to count, therefore leaving the player that was going for an easy victory flatfooted, needing to reset their animation in order to pull off a legit combo. Otherwise WM is breaking the game. If you agree please support, and get this changed. If you don't agree, well I respect your view, and hopefully you have a good reason.
    Thanks for reading. :cool:
    • Like x 6
  2. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Sounds like you duel in PvE gear...

You could block you know, then go to town.
    • Like x 5
  3. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

He's claiming it's not blockable, which sounds like a bug to me.
  4. Lightws Dedicated Player

Oh a little title correction "WM ruined the game".
    • Like x 6
  5. LivingDeath New Player

You obviously didnt read his entire post. And it does not matter what gear you duel in unless. Weapon mastery can one shoot through pvp gear. Weapon mastery can crit for over 10k followed by a burst power for 5k thats 15k damage. That can eat right through 90pvp gear
    • Like x 3
  6. winter13 New Player

Weapon mastery is not the problem. If you get beat by someone better/luckier than you...it's is just that and nothing more. Same with the reverse...if you are basically one shotting people off the bat, then they simply need to improve (or get better gear).
    • Like x 4
  7. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Didn't know it was obvious as I read every post I reply to o_O

He said his problem was dealing with a front loaded WM attack before a duel.
    I encounter this all the time, some bait with a BB and others try to finish the combo. The latter get punished.
    WM isn't ruining pvp, it's making it easier for some to score a victory
    • Like x 1
  8. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I can say that I'm lucky to not have encountered any unblockable WM attacks.

If this is a bug, talk of it would flood the chats n forums but it isn't. Unless this surfaced last night lol
    • Like x 1
  9. PurpCity New Player

A little advice with how to deal with players who start a wm combo before the duel starts? Move lol.

Seriously whenever I come across someone that does that I just move over to the edge of the ring where I can keep an eye on him. If he/she is dumb enough to lunge across the floor to finish the wm, you just earned yourself a blue immunity for doing nothing at all.
    • Like x 2
  10. Ethromel Well-Known Player

Nah, it just ruined dueling.
    • Like x 3
  11. Ethromel Well-Known Player

It doesn't change the fact that it takes no skill to execute. So it would be appreciated if my OP were addressed with a greater notion of seriousness and sarcasm. Too many people on here seem to lack comprehension since I specifically wrote "I DON'T USUALLY LOSE". I wrote that so people like yourself wouldn't type these things and look. So it's not about losing. It's about the mechanic that I'm speaking of.
    • Like x 2
  12. badname8 New Player

If it ruined dueling the queue times wouldn't be what they are...or maybe I'm just lucky

That was a perfectly valid response to the OP. Seems like you might not be following through on your previously promised "respect of others views"
    • Like x 4
  13. winter13 New Player

So basically...you are upset that players can beat you using weapon mastery, and you feel that they have no "skill" because they use weapon mastery
    • Like x 2
  14. PurpCity New Player

Just as it takes no skill to execute, it takes minimal skill to evade. I'm not fond of the bursty nature of how damage is dealt in pvp either but it's really not hard to avoid as long as you adjust your tactics.

Edit: and I'm not directing this at you personally as you clearly say it's not much of an issues for you, just anyone who's having problems with dealing with players who start their wm combo early in a duel.
    • Like x 2
  15. Ethromel Well-Known Player

You're going based on that? I think it's been long established that half or more of the community don't know the first thing about coming up with ideas that are in this game's best interest. Most of the players agree with the stupidest things, and think it improvement. Or people comment on things that they just read and saw answered, and think themselves enlightening. Like I told someone else.... it now takes no real skill to win.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ethromel Well-Known Player

Oh okay, I get you.
  17. Ghostof91 New Player

18. Ethromel Well-Known Player

If that what makes you all warm and fuzzy inside to laugh at, then yes. Moving on....
  19. badname8 New Player

I'm going based on the fact that you presented an "undefendable/unbeatable/unavoidable move that breaks the game" and were given a way to "defend against/beat/avoid" that move....and then suggested the poster reply seriously after you already stated "if people don't agree with me I'll respect their view."

What you're doing is the COMPLETE opposite. You've presented your view. Abide by the terms you created and stop trying to argue the views of others while subtly hinting (or in this quote above out right stating) that they don't know what they're talking about.

Oddly enough what you've presented in the quote in this post is probably the same thing people are thinking about you in regards to this very thread, especially since someone's given you a way to win and you basically just told them to shut the hell up and come up with something else.
    • Like x 5
  20. Ethromel Well-Known Player

Thank you.... Someone that exhibits reading comprehension. That's all I'm saying. It allows too many players to cut corners instead actually getting good at the game. WM is without a doubt OP. I swear the lack of (dare I say it) understanding some members show is disconcerting to say the least. Thank you for being the minority. The devs need to address the OP of WM.
    • Like x 1