Why no rewards for losing PVP matches is bad

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Circe, Apr 21, 2013.

1. thelostczarnian New Player

annoying? fos is the best pvp map ever. so many players to smash on i love it!
  2. crownclownking New Player

So because some ppl are jerks and not contributing to the fight you feel that this no reward system is justified. How will it affect ppl that queue for pvp you know the casuals or leagueless are they gonna feel like their wasting their time ?.
  3. Rabidbunny New Player

It will teach them that if they want to step out of the PVE world they should make some friends and learn teamwork. This is an MMO not a single player game.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mini Lini Loyal Player

The Cash to T5 gear is a huge gap actually in the new cash gear.. from the stats I seen. 3k more HP and such is a lot.... BUT the people who will have T5 in a week or two will be ranked so high that us people in cash gear won't even see them probably. Well.. Hopefully.. or the gear gap issue will still exist.

That being said though...I don't agree with awarding losing team anything. This breeds too many people with the mindset of "I'll just sit in the corner while my team tries, to make them lose... cuz I get marks anyways.." That is the worst type of PvP players imo... So I really don't want them on my team. Rather have them leave and have someone else join.... Only reason I like this system xP
    • Like x 4
  5. thelostczarnian New Player

please educate yourself on this issue. im not saying you are stupid. im saying that the wins for valor have twice the marks as the wins for stragedy. plus you get 2 marks of valor for each legends win as well. farming stragedy was way tougher(and you needed a win for marks of stragedy also) AND you dont need a dlc to get the top tier of gear!
  6. crownclownking New Player

It is an mmo but you know that everyone wants to make friends with strangers on the internet you never know lol. But it all comes down to this are ppl gonna want to pvp with this reward system ? Not the top pvp players cause we know how much they hate us carebears lol (i like carebears loving name for us) but the casuals and the leagueless. Are they gonna want to pvp or are they gonna feel like their wasting their time . But all in all it makes pvp more competitive which you know sometimes it leads to ppl acting horrible (pvp of course its competitve but is all in great fun or is it not ).
  7. Kristyana New Player

Some people will like the change, some people will hate it. This is the case with ANY change implemented by the development team.

I know seasoned PVPers that welcome this change, and I know seasoned PVPers who hate it. I personally think that the matchmaking system will make this far better than if this was implemented under the current system.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out, if it will be good or bad. In truth though, this is one of many changes, and I think the most significant one is the new "seasons" and how anyone who wants to PVP will only be 1 tier behind the best set, instead of the what, 5? we have now.
    • Like x 1
  8. Rabidbunny New Player

When I play I try and do the objective and see too many not caring for my taste. I've won a few matches without even swinging at an enemy because they are all too busy fighting elsewhere and I just stand in a circle. Not fun...but hey...My team won the match.

What they really should of done imo is have maps where total kills is the objective. I think that would solve a lot of the issues as well, as a lot of people just want to fight and not play capture the flag.
  9. crownclownking New Player

lol dont sweat it about calling me stupid , but i must have missed your post where you said it but idk what your own about the op posted "why no reward for losing pvp is bad" so far i posted based on the no reward system but if you feel that i need to educate myself please provide links or educate me cause im truly lost on your post .
  10. Blazing Sun New Player

I my self don't que with a league mate because I think winning with a pug is 10x times sweeter than winning with a premade
    • Like x 2
  11. thelostczarnian New Player

they doubled the reward to compensate for the fact that you have to win now. and you can earn the very top gear in legends if you want to
  12. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Ya.. Sucks to be the only person holding the node or trying to carry the objective item... But that's why I like being a Tank... They are good at that xd

I just want to try Arranged Matchmaking... Have 8 Controllers vs 4 Tanks. >;o
  13. crownclownking New Player

okay thats nice and all but i want to know Is the no reward system in legends also ?
  14. crownclownking New Player

isn't it lol
  15. thelostczarnian New Player

yes it is i believe
  16. Kristyana New Player

I would think the argument here applies even less to Legends because with the exception of a few tweaks that need to be made (Hal Jordan, Steel) it's a much more level playing field than Arenas.
  17. crownclownking New Player

okay that's nice since i find legends to be much easier to win at that arena pvp, but will this no reward system get more ppl to pvp or not since you wont get any marks at all if you don't win . It all comes down to that like i said before i don't know whether i agree or not until we get gu 25 .
  18. thelostczarnian New Player

at least u hav a open mind
  19. Kristyana New Player

With the ranked matchmaking system in place, the group you get paired with should be roughly the same ability as you, so you'd have a good chance of beating them.

The only real exception to this would be if you run into a group of brand new alts, but it's not something they'd be able to do for very long because of the same matchmaking system.

I agree this would be a disaster without rankings, but now that they're changing this, you should be paired against groups you legitimately stand a chance of winning against, instead of having Bloodbat starte PVP gear against a full T4 checkmate premade.
    • Like x 1
  20. crownclownking New Player

lol thank you (im gonna take that as a compliment i think it was lol ) but once gu 25 comes well see how ppl like it and will we see if more ppl are gonna pvp . I know for certain that pvp is gonna get more competitive with pugs not really premades cause they are already competive as it is.