Why no rewards for losing PVP matches is bad

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Circe, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Zylo Committed Player

You just provided that main reason y ppl shouldint be rewarded. I cant wait for this to be implemented so that these type of players can be weeded out. i feel bad for the ppl who try to win but its these ppl who should be blamed.
  2. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

Circe is a forum user I usually disagree with, however, this time I´m with him/her.
    Part of winning a PvP encounter is getting better, but the other half is the equipment. How can you progress on second half side with no marks?
  3. Madholm New Player

1. I've recorded matches (wins, losses, margin of victory) under the new system and even with the 'loose' rules that allow high MMR teams to fight low MMR pugs, the win record was still 34% when joining as solo queue. In short, long losing streaks don't exist unless you have some data to back up that claim. Sure you may lose a few in a row, but a matchmaking system will make long losing streaks statistically improbable; even less so with strict matchmaking rules. Coincidentally, a strict matchmaking system would also make win streaks extremely challenging (such as the 10 win legends streak).

2. The loose matchmaking rules are to blame for premade groups being matched up with pugs; especially against pugs with new players. Once the number of maps goes down, they can be more strict with matchmaking rules and I will be keeping an eye on it for sure. Ultimately the changes taken as a whole should improve the system; not make it worse as you should NEVER be matched against any team you have absolutely no chance of beating. If that's not the case I'll be the first one on the forums to complain that the matchmaking rules are flawed.

3. The point of PvP is to enjoy the competition and those close matches are as good as it's ever going to get. If they are that close then you should be winning about 50% of them and that's exactly the point where ELO is predicting your best opponent. The distribution of marks is also based around the 50% win ratio so that marks accumulation should require a similar amount of time for every player. If everyone is earning them at the same rate of time; that's about as balanced as you can get. Of course this doesn't factor in replay badges, but that's simply adding additional time; not speeding up the rate. The rate to acquire the first X number of marks will be roughly the same. Again, strict matchmaking rules would equalize this even more as the system would never offer up easy wins regardless of how high your ranking gets.

4. This is absolutely the best thing for beginners. They get a full set of PvP gear for CASH ONLY that isn't like wearing tissue paper. I'm sorry, but these changes make it 10x easier for beginners to get into PvP without resolving to quit PvP after 2-3 matches. Currently the PvP system requires them to lose for weeks and months just to earn a set of gear that's passable. With gear resets in PvP they are ensuring that new players never fall behind the PvP gear curve as they do right now. The matchmaking system also gives them a chance to get better at PvP by facing people of relatively equal skill. As they get better they will face better opponents and they will always feel that improvements to their skill will make a difference as they get better.

Honestly, you don't make a single valid point and I'm not even sure why you bother posting on these forums at all with such poor arguments. Every thread you've started (that I have read) has lacked any persuasive language as to why your opinions are valid, and doesn't suggest much thought went into them. I would recommend thinking things through a little more before you create another thread to QQ about something. Making a point and delivering an argument to back up that point will help you a lot.
    • Like x 2
  4. Francesca Lima New Player

You think moon is bad? That's one of the best maps on the game next to Australia to get marks. It's so open that your not closed in, it gives you a chance to actually win.
  5. Yallander Loyal Player

Sometimes taking a loss, but being a pain to beat is enough of a victory--it's how I got recognized in PVP. I started on a primarily villain dominated server and PUG'd my way to gear. Then after server mergers I was picked up by a few leagues and made friends with like minded PVPers. Now I commonly run with/against who I'd consider the best players in this game. You get what you give and people notice when you don't give up and take advice.
  6. Madholm New Player

@ Old Gravyleg

You must not understand the point of a matchmaking system if you think people will just quit a match instead of losing.

Currently matchmaking will allow you to face a team that you have no chance of beating and marks of tactics only come from winning (ie, you already get nothing for losing after T3). In live if you only need marks of tactics; you should leave if you know your team is going to lose by 700+ points. That is the reality of bad matchmaking where they allow high MMR teams to fight low MMR teams. If you have nothing to gain and are matched up against a team you simply cannot beat; it's better to just leave and requeue. That is not how an ELO matchmaking system is supposed to work.

Once the maps are reduced, they SHOULD have proper matchmaking rules in place that prevent you from ever facing a team that will beat you by more than a few hundred points. The system actually will have a built in deterrent to keep you from leaving. You simply won't know the outcome at the start of the match and will have to play it to conclusion. They could screw this up and keep the same loose matchmaking rules they have on live, where yes, you will be better off just leaving the match. I'm hoping that won't be the case.
  7. petvpets New Player

Best thing I read in trade of all places last night someone was having a big cry about facing t4 players all the time and wanted to fight players t3 and lower, I know gear has nothing to do with this match making so we are told, but he himself had full t4 and was losing every match. granted he could have been that bad but if this is how people want to play and not face equally geared players.. whilst having an advantage themselves then I dunno man, maybe stick to legends ??
  8. Blazing Sun New Player

So I was pondering why anyone would been so upset that losing gains nothing and then realized that that exact thing happened in last laugh. In last laugh the only way to get t4 gear was to win and a lost was nothing at all for the people with t3 gear and the people that had already attained all the legends characters. I really didn't see as much complaining as this so why are we seeing it now? The truth is that majority of the people that are complaining right now are not regulars for pvp. It seems they want to just get the new styles and carry their merry way on to do some raids after. I say this is perfect how it is. If I, like many others, was able to pug my way to full t4 (which was a lot harder then than it is now) then there shouldn't be a problem with the new system. With the new matchmaking that we have it is hard to have a huge losing streak some people here are talking about because they will place you against an equally skilled person.
    • Like x 1
  9. D3athStrik3 Well-Known Player

d0 AnY oF u EvEn LiFt bR0? m0rE liFtiNg hElPs U WiN...
    [IMG]
  10. Circe New Player

Really? Because I always end up losing that map, my team is always inadequate. Letting them take the rock LOL. I'm almost always the only one actually trying to stop them from taking the rock. And then there are those people who just willingly go in to enemy territory and keep dying.
  11. GeoShock New Player

Good it's getting implemented. Maybe people will stop quitting at the beginning or middle of a match.
  12. El El Committed Player

Its not fair for those who starting pvp,you cant compare prime with pvp come on dude.
    Everyone can q up for pvp matches but not everyone can q up for prime because you need to be at good lvl.
    With pvp thats not the case bro.
  13. El El Committed Player

atleast in prime you get something like base items.

No reward for losing matches is bogus,people are already leave in those lair battles this is gonna be worst.
  14. Sir Volt New Player

if you can que for it you should get marks is NOT a valid arugument
  15. Kroye Loyal Player

It happens. I won't say it happens "a lot", but it happens that I see it at least 2-3 a week, maybe more if I'm pugging a whole lot that week. Lately, I've noticed it more in Star Labs and Fortress of Solitude arenas than others, but I've noticed it in just about all Legends matches.

Back to the OP, the cost of the gear seems low enough, that rewarding marks for losing would allow players to gear up stupidly fast and would hurt the players who pug and want a team that isn't standing around semi-afk waiting for the their handout.
    • Like x 2
  16. MARK2099 New Player

You just answer your own question yet don't notice, in last laugh dlc players need to win just to buy top tier pvp gear available, a previous tier with stats very close could be farm winning or losing every day, we didn't have lockouts.

Let's wait until GU25, too many players here believe all the problems gonna be fix after GU25.
  17. El El Committed Player

Well atleast give people something,some dum people somethimes in here come onnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
    THERE IS A HANDFULL ACTIVE PVP COMMUNITY OUT THERE,ALMOST ALL DCUO PLAYER PLAYS PVE.
    IF DUM PEOPLE LIKE YOU AGREE TO THIS IMPLEMENTATION FOR NOT GETTING REWARD FOR LOSING PVP MATCHES,THEN NOBODY IS GOING TO DO PVP WHICH MEANS ,NOT ENOUGH PLAYERS FOR PVP MATCHES AND THAT ALSO MEANS THEIR NOT GONNA INVEST MORE TIME IN PVP BECAUSE NOBODY IS DOING IT.

We already have problems getting people to do pvp with this update its gonna be worst.
    Tell me why in the world do you think they freaking implemented the rotation system????????????????????

BECAUSE THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE TO FILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ALL THOSE PVP INSTANCES.
    tHATS WHY THEY GONNA LIMIIT IT TO 5.

Go try to be smarts somewhere else with ur ''NOT A VALID ARGUMENT" PEOPLE LIKE YOU SICKINS ME.

We need more people to do pvp,not leaving it.

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN FOOLS
  18. Sir Volt New Player

its "dumb" and "sickens" just to name a few
  19. El El Committed Player

Im dutch so yes i make mistakes you try dutch let see what happens.
    Respond to my content post not to my messed up english lool.
  20. Sir Volt New Player

just sayin its poor form to call ppl dumb and not even spell it right

p.s. you argument is still not valid