Why no rewards for losing PVP matches is bad

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Circe, Apr 21, 2013.

1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I was in both grouips! ugh, it's been an issue since the system went in. First I couldn't get a queue against anyone, now I only get premades... W T F, I want to have fun too!

WTB a ranking reset so I can just keepa 2 loss for every 1 win thing going and just micromanage my farming.
  2. Lumb New Player

I also hate pug vs premade. I've never understood why this hasn't been addressed. Plus never having a healer on your team vs every role, fully geared. We all know who is going to win already.
    • Like x 1
  3. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

What defines a premade? Is it a full group? what about missing 1? is 7 out 8 enough to be considered a premade for fos? What about 3/5 on a 5v5? I think that's the major hangup on segregation, that and the overall population really not supporting all these splits as we saw with the first release of the ranking system where people would queue for half an hour and not get anyone sometimes.

Not that I don't FULLY agree with what you said, just saying that's what I figure the hang up is.
  4. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Talk about it... I lose 2 matches in a row to healer groups, next match I get is against Fami in 2v2 lol. They were good sports and all, chatting over versus and not being rude and what not... But idk how I lose 2 matches in a row, then end up against Fami in their T3 xd

Also... just in general, after playing today, noticed it is only 2 Marks of Valor a win in Arenas also.... If you don't use replay badges to get weekly boxes again...

This is very Replay Badge friendly but.. Not so much for anyone who don't use them xd I'll probably just do weekly wins, then maybe a 2v2 here or there every so days just for fun from now on.
  5. supah koopa Well-Known Player

I'm in the union I can't get fired :)
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

LOL! Well played, sir!
    • Like x 1
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

OK, so last night ran some Arenas for the first time since the update. I'm no PvP pro, mind you. Lost my first lair battle 3 to 2, but forgot to put on my PvP gear (like I said, no pro). Then ran HQ with Squad. Lost once to Splinter Cell and Co (close match!) and moved on to Arkham after adding a fifth. Lost first two, but won the third. Between those two wins and some missives, I got 4 pieces of the next tier. Also got a CR 81 shield from a box. The weekly boxes have 50 marks, so eeking out a win here and there will progress you just fine.
  8. +one New Player

My opinion... PvP sucks. It sucked ever since they started with the game updates. None of this new stuff makes me want to PvP again & I only open world PvP just to crave my "PvP sweet tooth" from time to time. A shame because the way this game is laid out PvP could have been (and still can be) a great addition. I know it's trial and error & I know eventually they'll get it together but for now it just sucks. And until they fix these mechanics, it'll never be fun for me like it once was in this games begining. Here's to hoping the Devs can make it fun and enjoyable again :)
    • Like x 1
  9. Circe New Player

I'M DONE!

I just lost 10 Legends matches in a row getting completely nothing. What a waste of my time.
    • Like x 1
  10. SimonZoey New Player

Completely agree with the OP.

This is a long thread and this may have already been said but, I believe the lack of a "consolation" reward mark has also encouraged people to quit matches more often. I saw a LOT of people quitting yesterday (first day I PVPed since the changes). I don't remember the quitters being such a big problem prior to the changes.
  11. Loadingscreens Committed Player

the map rotation is the only thing i dont like with update 25, everything else is fine. Its fun grinding for gear, the gear reset has balanced out, theirs tons of people pvping.

it seems to me like you need a league or friends that can pvp. qutiing because your losing is what 5 years old do. figure out why you lose and fix it. stop complaining about losing lol.
    • Like x 1
  12. Loadingscreens Committed Player

Pugging IS the problem! thats why i dont pug lol.

why dont you have any friends or league mates that want to pvp? time to look for new people imo.

if all else fails, shout in LFG chat. Find and build a list of a dependable people. Thats what i did when i started to first pvp, and my friends list consists of ALL pvpers, so im never short on a role.

You dont just que up for raids alone right? you always shout for a group? well thats how pvp should be. Your only punishing yourself by pugging.

at the LEAST, bring a healer with you.

The frustration of these threads should be focused on immunties, the real PVP problem.